The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking for advice on first set-up

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by beerme89, Jun 15, 2021.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. beerme89

beerme89 Full Member

Jun 14, 2021
    Hello ECF,

I've been creeping for a few weeks now, but finally decided to take the plunge and make an account. After countless hours (days...weeks??!!) of research, hopefully I am at the point where I form some sentences together about what I'm looking for in a set-up and ACTUALLY make sense. I came here asking for help, so please feel free to tell me if you think I made a wrong decision on anything below.

So, here is my story...(cut to end to see the quick and dirty version)

First and foremost, what I WANT out of the build is excellent flavor. Not quite as important but still important is large clouds and a "cool" factor. I'm leaning way towards DTL over MTL, as I never smoked a cig in my life and have no nicotine addiction. This is something that will be used with friends or when I'm bored, so maybe 1-2x/week. I wouldn't say there isn't a budget, but let's say I have no prob paying for the best quality/functioning gear.

For the majority of my research, I was pretty set on going sub-ohm. But more and more I was reading how if you really want flavor, RDA's can't be beat. Then I start thinking about squonking more and more, and now I think that might be the best of both worlds. I get the convenience of the "tank" (not having to drip, which is what I was most concerned with), and all the flavor benefits. Any learning curve with the squeeze and determining the quantity (if you can squeeze too much) should be minimal. I really think it's a good option for me. I'm really curious what the pros think.

Now, surely you'd all make fun of me behind my back if I didn't acknowledge the elephant in the room: the atomizer. I need to learn a lot here, still. Any and all help would be appreciated. Single coil vs. double coil? Mesh? RDA? What I DOOOOO know is I have no problem paying for pre-builts out of convenience, assuming they aren't impossible to find in stock most of the time.

Equal in both importance and the level of my ignorance on the subject is (are?) batteries! I don't want to die, folks. So any recommendations on 1 vs 2 batteries, battery size, is also needed.

Once the battery thing is figured out, I can look at mods. I don't mind paying a pretty penny for a mod, but what I want is function and reliability first. As mentioned previously, I want "cool", but to a point. For reference, what I have been trying to figure out how to buy is something from BMM. So far, all attempts to get into said facebook group have come up short. But I like the challenge of the hunt, and am willing to see what it takes to get. I've looked at numerous other brands, but am willing to hear what you recommend! And regulated?

There doesn't seem to be any shortage of juice on the market. They all sound soooooo good! Lots of opinions out there, too. I looked all over the place for higher-end juice and ordered way too many already (around 1,000 mL). They range in VG from 50 (I fell for 5 pawns)-90ish. Can I smoke that range out of the same coil?

I'm sure I forgot something, but that is plenty to start!! Thanks so much for anyone who took time to read that and for any assistance they can provide.

Quick summary version:

This will be my first vape set up. I know little about the technical side, but have used vapes often over the past few years. I don't smoke (cigs). I think I want a regulated squonk w/ RDA (don't think the learning curve will be that bad), and plan to buy pre-built stuff instead of build my own if that's a thing. I need to find out what battery size and how many to use. Box mod is up in the air, and probably of least importance. Juice ranges from 50-90 VG currently. In the future, I will probably stay closer to 70. Don't let budget prevent a recommendation.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Territoo

Territoo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    So, you are looking to jump into the deep end of the pool, without ever having even gotten your feet wet before? It sounds to me that you have been reading for a long time and know what your goal is and would like to start there. I don't recommend that. You need to learn to swim before tackling the high diving board. You should start out with something simpler and that way you can learn things like what wattage you like, what ohm coil, etc. Then you will know what to buy when it comes to rebuildables. I feel that if you were to buy a squonker kit right now, you would get frustrated because it wasn't working for you. Building isn't easy and the first tries always go wrong. You can eliminate a lot of vaping newbie mistakes if you have experience on an easier device.

You mentioned that you are a nonsmoker and you have already purchased your ejuice, but you didn't mention if this juice was zero nic or not. If you bought juice with nicotine, that's another element that comes into play--the amount of nicotine you are going to get with your device.

I know I didn't give you the response that you wanted, but I gave you the best response that I should under the circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Daniel Forsyth

Daniel Forsyth Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Welcome to ECF Mate:thumbs:

• Like Like x 2
  4. beerme89

beerme89 Full Member

Jun 14, 2021
    Appreciate the response! Honestly, I expected this. It's only the responsible thing to say/do. In regards to the pool reference--if the pool is my knowledge of vaping (and the deep end is squonking, I guess), I'd venture to say I'm about mid-calf. But that's still an uphill battle, obviously. And I guessit doesn't help enough that I won't be building my own coils? Not at first, at least.

In regards to the juice, I bought mostly zero nicotine, and some that are 3 mg. I smoke hookah every now and then, so am used to the buzz.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Territoo

Territoo Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Squonking requires an RDA, which means building a coil. Now you can purchase a squonker kit and use the squonker like a box mod and put the RDA up for future use. You then would have to purchase a tank and coils. Or purchase a squonker and a RDTA, which can function as both a tank and a RDA. I think the first option is better as it gives you more choices in tanks and coils. Or you can purchase a box mod kit now and get the squonker setup later. For MTL, you don't need high wattage, so a single battery would do, and you don't need sub ohm coils, so nothing below 0.5 ohms. I'm a DL vaper so most of my equipment isn't appropriate, but I have used the Innokin Swag 2,
    https://www.elementvape.com/vaporesso-swag-ii-2-80w-starter-kit.
    A lot of people like the Innokin Kroma-R, Kroma R - Product | INNOKIN®, and the Innokin Kroma-A, Innokin iTaste Kroma-A 75w TC Starter Kit (w/ Zenith Tank). The difference between these is the R has a replaceable battery and the A has an internal battery. Pair either of these with a Zenith or Zlide tank.
    Another one is the Geekvape Aegis Solo starter kit, Geek Vape AEGIS SOLO 100W Starter Kit.

Those are the ones that come to my mind. I'm sure others can chime in with more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Very good explanation of what you want (saves us asking many questions) Good for you getting zero nic (and I won't judge if you also want to use some 3mg... just don't go higher) I would suggest starting with a regular "drop-in" coil tank. Most come with options for different coils so you can try different power levels (watts) Jumping right into squonking and rebuildables is a mistake. The best deals are on "kits" (mod and tank) It doesn't sound like MTL is for you. DL or restricted DL sounds like what you want. Whatever you get, stock up on extra coils.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Single coil rda is advisable for a first rda. You can get clouds from pretty much anything if using high vg juices; that and more open airflow, af, is primarily where you get clouds. Would suggest you get a sample pack of coils to see what wire you prefer as far as taste & warmth. You will also need wick, scissors, and wire snips. Many rdas come with a coily tool these days so just order one of those rdas. Only thing I would recommend is leaving the mesh alone until you excel at wicking round and or flat wire builds.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. JCinFLA

JCinFLA Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 21, 2015
    You've got some basic requirements that many vapers share. You're seeking great flavor, large clouds, and a "cool" set-up...1 that's geared toward DTL. There are many people on ECF who can guide you in the right direction. I don't vape DTL myself, but I have good friends who do vape that way and love it. Some of their favorite set-ups are the Vaporesso Gen-S Kits w/NRG-S Tank (it takes drop-in factory coils), the GeekVape Aegis Solo 100W Mod Kit with the Cerberus Tank (also takes drop-in factory coils), and the Geek Vape Aegis Max Mod with the Zeus Tank (takes drop-ins as well). Those might be some choices of where to start...if you want to try a dependable, popular, regulated set-up with a tank and drop-in coils first.

If you want to jump right into squonking though...an entry level mod (to see if you even like squonking before buying a more expensive set-up) might be the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 Squonk Mod (about $22-30 if found on sale or Clearance). Another one would be the Vandy Vape Pulse 2 Squonk Mod (avg. about $40-55 regularly). As far as an RDA that comes with a squonk pin...to use on either mod mentioned...there is a separate subforum on RDAs here on ECF, and I'm sure you'd find lots of recommendations on there from people who use various ones for squonking.

Pre-built coils for an RDA (also known as pre-wound, or pre-coiled coils) are definitely "a thing" that many people use who don't want to jump in to making their own coils yet. You can find quite a few of them online. They come in a wide variety of wire types and styles, pack or box quantity, and also a huge range of ohms. I'd suggest you check out some posts in the subforums for more info on those, too.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I don't have much specific advice as DL isn't my area of expertise, but I may be able to help you clear a few things up:

Sub-ohm is really a dated term in that most vaping (much MTL and pretty much all DL) is now sub-ohm, RDAs and squonking included.

First thing to learn: Squonking uses an RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer), which means making your own coils. You can coil your own coils or get pre-coiled coils, but you still have to learn to wick them (not an overwhelming undertaking, but there is a bit of a learning curve.) @Letitia offered some very sound advice above.

Hey, everyone starts out ignorant about batteries. Recognizing you need help puts you ahead of the game.

I would suggest a two battery mod, given the rest of your requirements. Most mods can work with 18650s, and some also support 20700s and 21700s. Battery selection involves trade-offs:
    • Wattage limits vs. time between charges: There's only so much room in a battery, so as one of these goes up the other goes down
    • Size and weight vs. wattage limits and/or time between charges: This is the choice between 2X700s (bigger but more powerful) and 18650s (smaller and slightly less powerful)
    Pick your priorities, and we can point you to some good battery models. Also note that it's important to get your batteries from a reliable vendor because there are a lot of issues with counterfeits and similar problems.

To save time, effort, and possibly your face, you can pick your batteries from Mooch's recommended chart. At the bottom of the chart you'll find a list of reliable vendors.

Not with much success. The 50 VG will tend to leak through a coil intended for higher proportions, and the 90 VG won't wick well on a coil intended for 50/50. As always, there's a trade-off. Higher VG is best for clouds (and most cloud-chucking RDAs are designed for higher-VG), but PG can be a bit better at carrying flavour. Still, some of the high VG options are pretty good flavour-wise, so that's probably where you want to be.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Z-Lee

Z-Lee Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    @beerme89 Where in the world do you reside, and is shipping time a concern of yours? Lots of good info in here to pick from. I started vaping on a simple internal mod rig with a really old tank back in 2015ish. I really got into vaping only a short time before I joined this forum back in April (so probably March), and kinda just dove in. To be quite honest, that's the best approach to learning about everything. Once all of the dots start to connect, you can start to experiment outward toward other things. I was afraid of rebuildable decks (RBAs) and building coils in general at first because, uhhhh, electricity? I was also afraid of mech mods. That's perfectly fine - you will learn about that in due time.

Quick tidbits:
    It appears you're interested in an external battery mod? One that you can recharge/replace the batteries whenever? This is the better choice for mod longevity as you can use it until the chip no longer works, but it also requires you to become very knowledgeable about batteries. The batteries that are used in these mods are meant for battery packs, and not for solo/individual use - so extra caution/care/knowledge cannot be stressed enough. Ohms Law and the like, you will get the hang of after not long though - don't let that scare you off.

You mentioned 1-2x/week frequency - are those all day/evening events? If you're looking at like 4-5 hour outings, a single 18650 (18mm diameter x 65mm length battery)/20700 (20mm diameter x 70mm length battery)/21700 (you guessed it) mod will likely suffice. This of course, this also depends at what type of wattage you are using. From the sounds of it, you're looking for a good flavor to cloud ratio which is likely going to put you in the 50-70W range. That's about what I vape at, so I will link a few recommendations below based off of the gear that I'm using. If you're cloud chasing, you're going to be at much higher wattages and that will drastically reduce the uptime of the battery - makes sense. Of course a dual/triple/quad battery mod extends this even further, but then you have to think about the clunkiness/weight of carrying it around, etc.

I thought I was a DL user to start, but if you're looking for a 50/50 flavor/cloud ratio, I think you're probably closer to RDL. Definitely try different tanks and RDAs/RTAs/RDTAs (when you get into them) to find that sweet spot. I bought exclusively DL stuff to begin with, but am finding I enjoy RDL a bit more - so now that expands my options into loose MTL atomizers as well.

For juices, if you're looking for flavor and clouds, higher VG will be what you're looking for. 70+ VG. Bear in mind, the higher VG you go, the thicker the juice will be which can drastically reduce the life expectancy of your coils if you're frying the piss out of your wicks. The 50-70W range that I'm vaping at, I have only had to clean and rewick a few coils in the last few months, but haven't had to replace the actual coil (just washed/burned off) with 70 VG juice. If you're blasting your coils at 200W, you're going to be rewicking/replacing the coils much more frequently. This also applies to drop/screw in coils, although most of those cap out at 100-120ish watts for recommended range. Higher PG is going to give you more of a harsh throat hit, similar to what you would feel from a cig. I started with 30VG/70PG and 50/50 - the throat harshness was too much. If you find the higher PG stuff isn't what you like, consider mixing it in with some of the other juices you have to dilute it.

Recommendations:
    As others mentioned, I think it's best if you start with a few sub-ohm tanks to get an idea of the differences in coil resistances and how they react to different wattages. It also kind of eliminates some of the variables as you learn more about vaping in general. Rebuildable atomizers are quite a pita when they're not cooperating. Having 5 things that could possibly cause problems is a lot easier to figure out than 20 different things. And yes, rebuildable atomizers will do that.

These are my favorite 3 sub-ohm tanks for flavor and clouds atm:
    #1 - Freemax Fireluke 3/Maxluke (same tank, different name) - Flavor is outstanding, smooth warm vape, clouds are probably the best of all of my sub-ohms, coils last forever (904L X and M series)
    #2 - GeekVape Z (Zeus) - Flavor is also quite good, cooler vape, clouds are also pretty good, coils also last quite long (Z-series)
    #3 - Vaporesso NRG-S - Good flavor to cloud balance. I just got this so I can't claim the longevity of the coils, but this tank is cross compatible with tooooons of different coils from other brands. Does whistle on some air flow settings.

Runner Ups: (all very good, but not quite as good as above imo)
    Asmodus Viento - Decent flavor to cloud ratio
    Horizon Tech Falcon King - Very long lasting coils
    Uwell Valyrian II - Very long lasting coils

Favorite mods for value/price point: (mods will change the flavor/performance of your juice)
    YiHi SXmini MX Class (selling for $36 in some online shops) - Top quality chip, single 18650, very quick firing and consistent burn
    GeekVape Aegis Max - Single 18650/20700/21700, good ramp up time, wide 510 plate for bigger tanks, IPX - water/shock/dust proof (resistant)
    GeekVape Aegis Legend - Dual 18650, good all around performer, bit bulky, IPX - water/shock/dust proof (resistant)
    Asmodus Minikin 3/3S - Dual 18650, good all around performing mod
    Vaporesso Gen S/X/Ultra - Dual 18650, good all around performer, really like the feel, super light

Squonks: (I only have a few - most are mechanical that I'm storing for the vapecalypse)
    Dovpo Topside Dual V3 - Love this thing, dual 18650, 10mL squonk bottle, top quality machining, bulky & heavy though
    Vandy Vape Pulse 2 - I don't personally own this, but from the reviews and what others have said - this has gotten nothing but praise, bottom filling squonk bottle
    Aspire Feedlink Revvo - Single 18650, semi-regulated (you can't change the wattage, but the battery draw is still regulated), very cheap but it works, refilling the bottle can get messy, 7 mL bottle I believe, small and compact
    Pico Squeeze 2 - Goodluck finding this. Another cheapy that's pretty reliable all around. Single 18650/20700/21700

RDAs/RDTAs/RTAs:
    Will go into this if this is something you're interested in pursuing.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Welcome to ECF... as you see, lots of helpful people here, lots of good advice, and lots of experience to share.
    I was going to suggest some good tanks but others have covered that quite well :thumb: Like I said, all of those tanks can use different coils so that's a good way to find out what you like.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Z-Lee

Z-Lee Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. MLEJ

MLEJ Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2020
    i'll add to this good advice that, if you do get pre-built coils, you get higher quality ones rather than, or along with, cheap (probably Chinese-made) ones. They'll give better flavor & last longer. Besides, winding simple round wire coils is pretty easy & wire is less expensive than pre-built coils.

Though the bottles have been known to leak sometimes. Still, it is a highly regarded mod that may be a great choice for you.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mr. Vape

Mr. Vape New Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Welcome to the forum
    As a ex retailer of ecigs and eliquid, you can imagin I have large number of Mods from 30watts to 300watts. my favourate mod is iStick Pico, it is 70watts max. I can adjust the wattage. I use 100% VG liquid 0mg -3mg nic. I have been using my pico for the past 6 years and I only had to change the tank few weeks ago as I broke the tank. Pico comes with tank, charge cable. you only have to buy 1 battery for it. you can charge the battery on board so you don't need a battery charger. My battery is the one I used when I got my Pico - 6 years ago. If you want large clouds and flavour, you run it at 20 - 30watts.The coils are cheap, you buy them in boxes of 4 or 5 or single. With 100% VG, it produces lots of cloud and I enjoy the full flavour (that again depends on the brand of eliquid). I like the Pico as it is small enough to carry it in your pocket as long as you change the tank to bottom filling tank like Kangerteck Genitank Mega, it takes Dual coil (they are even cheaper than MellowIII coil) with this coil you don'need to worry cloged up coil, you just change it to a new one.
    I hope this advise is helpful.

• Like Like x 3
  15. beerme89

beerme89 Full Member

Jun 14, 2021
    Whoa! What a load of information. Good news is, I have given up on squonking to start. You guys have convinced me.

I'm going to do my best to answer/respond to everyone, but I want to let everyone know that I read every message thus far multiple times, wrote down any names people recommend to research, and greatly appreciate the time you took to assist me (a total stranger).

Thanks! Yeah, I figured DL was what I wanted pretty early on. But in reality, I will probably pick up a cheap(er) MTL rig, too. I do enjoy the draw on a nice "medical" cigarette (plus, I have those lower VG juices).

I'll pick up a few tools for building coils down the road. Whatever tank I get, I plan on finding one that has a few options as far as coils go. And I'll grab a few packs while I'm at it.

@Hawise - I'll be checking out Mooch's chart as soon as I get that far lol. In regards to the lower VG juices, I honestly just wasn't paying attention to what I was getting. As I mentioned in another response, I will probably end up getting another tank/whole setup for juice closer to 50VG. I can compose a list of the juices I've picked up so far if it could help. Thanks again!

@Z-Lee- I reside in NE USA, and am willing to wait a few weeks to get something. In regards to the external battery question, I guess? I will gladly become a master of all things Ohms. Your assumption of my frequency in using the vape and sessions seems pretty accurate. Because I won't really be walking around with it, size/weight shouldn't be an issue. For the same reason, and to be on the safe side, I was leaning towards getting a mod with 2 batteries. The juice I bought at 50/50 was an accident. I got all excited reading all of these amazing sounding flavors, and just started adding things to my cart. Moving forward, most of what I get will be 70+VG (I say "most", as I alluded earlier to getting at least a different tank/coil that can more easily handle a lower VG juice). And the recommendations are GREATLY appreciated. One of your recommendations was the Freemax M Pro 2. I would pick that one up, but read to try and get the metal edition. I've yet to find it in stock online AND at a site that will ship to the USA. If I end up getting it, I will snag a few packs of the M2 and M3 coils, and maybe an M4.

@MLEJ- If (when) I get pre-built coils for an eventual RDA, I will make sure to source the FINEST builders. I'm sure this site has its fair share.

@Mr. Vape- Thanks! I appreciate the insight and recommendations. I haven't made any decisions, so the Pico has been added to the list.

• Like Like x 3
  16. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    That's a good idea (mostly because you should always have a back-up device and you can better use those higher PG juices) Consider an Innokin Kroma Z (uses the common and popular Z coils) I love mine!

• Like Like x 2
  17. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Just wanted to add that you are wise to do all this research and get advice before buying a bunch of stuff :thumb:
    Many newbies just run down to the local vape shop, buy whatever they suggest, pay way too much (and often it's a Smok product... maybe not the best choice)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. beerme89

beerme89 Full Member

Jun 14, 2021
    Will do! Thanks :D

Haha I usually do TOO MUCH research when I go to buy something, definitely to a fault. I have no problem spending money on quality if it means not having to buy a replacement. "Buy once, cry once," should be tattooed on my forehead.

I found a local-ish shop (Philly) that plans on getting the Freemax M Pro 2 (Metal) in next week, and the owner nicely took my information down and said he'd let me know when it arrives. I ordered some M2, M3, and M4 coils online. Hope I didn't pull the trigger too soon...

• Like Like x 1
  19. beerme89

beerme89 Full Member

Jun 14, 2021
    Well, I finally pulled the trigger on something. For the money, I found it silly to pass up on the deal that Z-lee mentioned previously. I ended up getting the dual 18650 Maxus kit. I planned on getting the metal version of the same tank (which has a few additional features, but I can still get that one down the road).

According to Mooch’s chart, the top high-performing 18650 is the Molicel P26A. There was some assuming that I should opt for the “high-performance” line. Is that correct?

Any good suppliers of batteries/chargers? I plan on using the search function before I get blasted, just figured I would ask :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Z-Lee

Z-Lee Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Oh man, you caught me at a bad time - I have a lot to write but my desk is currently covered in stuff right now - I just got 2 new RDAs in that I'm cleaning building decks on. I'll link a few things right off the bat, because batteries are in quite a short supply right now. I would order some ASAP.
    Molicel P26As are my go to - I have 20 or so floating around right now, and 10 of the P28As (little more capacity, but hardly noticeable for the price difference). If you're planning on vaping around the 50-75W area, these will work perfectly.
    I'd buy a bunch from Liion or 18650batterystore right now - they're close to the same price, so I'd throw them in the cart and see what shipping comes out to.
    Liion - Molicel/NPE INR-18650-P26A 35A 2600mAh Flat Top 18650 Battery - Authorized Distributor
    18650batterystore - Molicel P26A 18650 2600mAh 35A Battery - 18650 Battery Store
    Also a heads up. Earlier this evening, I linked the Molicel 21700 P42As in a different thread. The last time I posted it, they were gone within the day, so if you are planning ever using a 21700 mod, I would suggest also grabbing a few of these as well. It could be weeks to months before the next supplier gets some back in stock.
    Liion - Molicel/NPE INR-21700-P42A 45A 4200mAh Flat Top 21700 Battery - Authorized Distributor
    If you do plan on getting the 21700, then might as well just get both from Liion. I will link the rest of the reputable stores that Mooch suggests later if you cannot find them. For now, just grab these up quick while they last.

Good choice on the starter kit - I had that exact kit sitting in my cart the other night after I linked it to you, but I simply have too much stuff sitting here that I don't know what to do with quite yet, so I'm trying not to add to the problem. That tank you're getting, you're going to be very happy with. It competes very heavily with (and actually beats many of my RDAs, disregarding the fun of building the deck) in flavor and clouds. I would grab a spare 5 pack of 904L X or M series coils. I don't recall the exact ohm range between them, but anything from 0.15 to 0.4 should be fine. Oh, I forgot the charger I use. Let me look where I bought it - it's one of the only ones I could find that has a 4 bay 1 and 2 amp configuration. There's also a 2 bay version that does the same. I'll tack that on the bottom here when I find it.

XTAR D4 Battery Charger - Wholesale Discount
    It's a few bucks more here than at IMR or 18650batterystore, but if you can get the Molicel P26A, P42A, and the charger all at once, I'd suggest just getting it here. You're likely to pay that extra cost in base shipping elsewhere anyway. up to you how you want to shop it.

So, quick run down on this battery charger:
    It has 4 bays (battery slots). Bay 1 and 4 charge at 2amps when only those 2 bays are used together. Bay 2 and 3 charge at 0.5amps when only those two bays are used. When all 4 bays are used at once, it charges at 1amp. For singles, it defaults to whatever the paired charge is depending on what slot you're using. Bay 1, 2A. Bay 2, 0.5A. Bay 3, 0.5A. Bay 4, 2A. Charger is compatible with pretty much every common flat top battery type there is:
    14500, 14650, 16340, 17335, 17500, 17650, 18350, 18500, 18650, 18700, 20700, 21700, 22650, 26650.

There's also a 2 bay charger of the same type that also charges 0.5, 1, and 2A as well based on 1 or both bays in use at Liion called the D2, but they're out of stock atm.

• Informative Informative x 1