Looking for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch540

Oct 16, 2016
Nashville TN
Hello all,
I'm fairly new to vaping. Im chasing flavor and need some opinions/advice. I currently have a Cleito, a crown, a vaporesso gemini RTA, a Tsunami RDA, and today I bought a Wismec Theorem. I have not yet tried the Tsunami yet but out of all of those tanks I enjoy the flavor on the Cleito the most. But I'm looking for even more dense, rich flavor. I'm hoping the tsunami will do the trick but if it doesn't what are some good options for max flavor? I'm considering a Cleito 120 or the TFV8 cloud beast? Are these good options? I don't care too much about huge cloud production, I just want something that will give me the rich flavor punch I'm looking for. Thank you so much for any advice or suggestions. Hopefully someone has been in my shoes and knows exactly what would suit me best. My mods are a wismec RX 2/3 and an Aspire Archon.
Thanks again,
Mitch
Nashville TN

Mitch540

Oct 16, 2016
Nashville TN
Flavour wise, the Theorem is hard to beat IMO.

Ditch the notch coil if you haven't done already and put a single Clapton in there.
WOW !!!! I ditched the notch coil and dropped in a 24 / 32 Clapton which ohms at .67 ohms. 30 watts this thing is ROCKING the flavor now. Best flavor I have experienced as of yet. Lol now I will be in search of something that has more flavor than this hahahah.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    IMO the flavor king of all RDAs is the A7. However it's strictly a MTL atomizer, so won't work for a lot of folks.
    The reason the A7 has such great flavor is because the chamber ID is only 9.5mm.
    So even with a full out open draw atomizer think about the inside diameter of the chamber when you want more flavor.

Reactions: CagedSpam

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
    Dec 6, 2016
    Ill be the first to admit i swing from geekvapes nuts when it comes to the Griffin 25. cannot wait to try the 25 plus that i have coming. Even been thinking about trying out the single coil AMMIT but it has been a very very long time since i had single coil vape. Griffin 25 = Great wicking huge juice flow/ports, Great Airflow to tune it to your specific desire even top airflow if you want to cool it down a bit afterwards it is something i never use, Great build deck right now i got some fat claptons on mine, i have no leaking issues whatsoever only juice that gets outside the tank is condensation cuz i usually blow out before inhaling, can literally vape the tank dry. I know of many who were RDA only who found the griffin to be the complete package to satisfy the need for dripping and the convenience of a tank. Not to mention it is reasonably priced from 25-30 depending on where you get it. I am not a super sub-ohm i am at about .4 ohms 2 coils 3mm ID and my ideal temp for flavor/cloud is 53 watts but this is all preference.

Reactions: Mitch540

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
    Dec 6, 2016
    Looks like 5ML capacity on the 25plus and 6ML capacity on the regular Griffin 25. I like the idea on 6ML vs 5ML.
    Yea the air flow is slightly different and the way the wicks go into the juice channel is different well the juice channels themselves look different. the reduced ml is due to the Plus having about 1.9 more mm build deck to work with which takes away from tank capacity just about every other design aspect is the same so i would suspect they will operate the same way. If you were not patient i would have said go with the standard Griffin 25 as it is a known for me and the unknown of the 25 plus while i am optimistic i am not a fool so always cautiously optimistic, hope for the best prepare for the worst. another difference is the top airflow is not an option for the 25 plus but in all honesty for me it was a bit of a gimmick the main reason i bought one with top airflow is so the juice fill cap was easier to remove but it wasnt all that hard on the regular griffin either it also looks like the air inlet below the coil is slightly taller making it even harder for leaks to occur, even though it is easy to not have leaks in the first place. I am excited for this week to be over! Wed. I find out the gender of my last (3rd) child all week im getting christmas goodies white elephant gifts and so on. I will definitely keep you posted on my opinion or you can look at youtube videos and see what people have to say :D I have no idea why but it seems my posts always turn into novels.

EDIT: just noticed in one video top airflow is an option.. Hmmm interesting guess ill see what i get.

Str8vision

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 26, 2013
    Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
    Hello all,
    I'm fairly new to vaping. Im chasing flavor and need some opinions/advice. I currently have a Cleito, a crown, a vaporesso gemini RTA, a Tsunami RDA, and today I bought a Wismec Theorem. I have not yet tried the Tsunami yet but out of all of those tanks I enjoy the flavor on the Cleito the most. But I'm looking for even more dense, rich flavor. I'm hoping the tsunami will do the trick but if it doesn't what are some good options for max flavor? I'm considering a Cleito 120 or the TFV8 cloud beast? Are these good options? I don't care too much about huge cloud production, I just want something that will give me the rich flavor punch I'm looking for. Thank you so much for any advice or suggestions. Hopefully someone has been in my shoes and knows exactly what would suit me best. My mods are a wismec RX 2/3 and an Aspire Archon.
    Thanks again,
    Mitch
    Nashville TN

I'm a flavor chaser too, and like/build fused micro coils or 2.5mm Claptons (Alien) at 0.45ohms/46 watts, wick with Japanese cotton and inhale DL. I mention all that because settings and vape style makes a big difference in atty selection, If you inhale MTL or like high resistance builds my thoughts/suggestions would have little value. I've bought quite a few RTAs and RDAs over the years and my all time favorite for flavor is the old school (V1) Magma RDA. For a RTA (a step down in flavor) it's a toss up between the Griffin and full sized Goblin with the Griffin being better designed/easier to use. I'm always on the lookout for something that produces better flavor or that's just as good but better designed. I've pre-ordered a CoilArt Mage RDTA and will see how it performs but in truth most of the newer attys that I've tried are just that...new, nothing really better as far as flavor goes. I enjoy the chase and the only way to find something better is by trying new and interesting designs. :)

Mitch540

Oct 16, 2016
    Nashville TN
    I'm a flavor chaser too, and like/build fused micro coils or 2.5mm Claptons (Alien) at 0.45ohms/46 watts, wick with Japanese cotton and inhale DL. I mention all that because settings and vape style makes a big difference in atty selection, If you inhale MTL or like high resistance builds my thoughts/suggestions would have little value. I've bought quite a few RTAs and RDAs over the years and my all time favorite for flavor is the old school (V1) Magma RDA. For a RTA (a step down in flavor) it's a toss up between the Griffin and full sized Goblin with the Griffin being better designed/easier to use. I'm always on the lookout for something that produces better flavor or that's just as good but better designed. I've pre-ordered a CoilArt Mage RDTA and will see how it performs but in truth most of the newer attys that I've tried are just that...new, nothing really better as far as flavor goes. I enjoy the chase and the only way to find something better is by trying new and interesting designs. :)
    My preferences are exactly the same as yours "fused micro coils or 2.5mm Claptons (Alien) at 0.45ohms/46 watts, wick with Japanese cotton and inhale DL"

Reactions: Str8vision

Mitch540

Oct 16, 2016
    Nashville TN
    What would be your top pick for a sub ohm tank with pre-built coils? I haven't come across anything yet that beats the Cleito with .4 coil.

Reactions: Str8vision

Mitch540

Oct 16, 2016
    Nashville TN
    Ill be the first to admit i swing from geekvapes nuts when it comes to the Griffin 25. cannot wait to try the 25 plus that i have coming. Even been thinking about trying out the single coil AMMIT but it has been a very very long time since i had single coil vape. Griffin 25 = Great wicking huge juice flow/ports, Great Airflow to tune it to your specific desire even top airflow if you want to cool it down a bit afterwards it is something i never use, Great build deck right now i got some fat claptons on mine, i have no leaking issues whatsoever only juice that gets outside the tank is condensation cuz i usually blow out before inhaling, can literally vape the tank dry. I know of many who were RDA only who found the griffin to be the complete package to satisfy the need for dripping and the convenience of a tank. Not to mention it is reasonably priced from 25-30 depending on where you get it. I am not a super sub-ohm i am at about .4 ohms 2 coils 3mm ID and my ideal temp for flavor/cloud is 53 watts but this is all preference.
    I'm not super sub ohm either, my pref is .4 as well. After being disappointed with the Gemini I was skeptical to give the griffin a go. But I've heard so much good about it I think I should give it a try.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
    Dec 6, 2016
    I'm not super sub ohm either, my pref is .4 as well. After being disappointed with the Gemini I was skeptical to give the griffin a go. But I've heard so much good about it I think I should give it a try.
    It would be hard to get it wrong and if you ever need wicking advice on it i am more than happy to share what i have learned with it over the past i forget how long but i found my golden atty would be hard pressed to find a better alternative for the way i vape.

EDIT: one thing i just remembered i left out of my build is i am not typical all my coils are spaced to allow more juice to be held in the cotton between contact with the coil.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread