Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
vaping oily fluids of any kind is a very bad idea, because it causes lipoid pneumonia, among vapers better known as popcorn lung.

Popcorn lung is a common name for bronchiolitis obliterans, (think diacetyl). Lipoid pneumonia is a very rare kind of pneumonia caused by fat particles in the lungs.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
Yes. And no.
Workers of a factory that produced popcorn flavor were exposed to tiny doses of the vaporized oily fluid, so they developed lipoid pneumonia over time.
In the wake of this, and not knowing or even ignoring the fact that liquid flavorings have totally different compositions without any lipoids, some "experts" created the threat you can develop popcornlungs from vaping in the first place.

• Disagree
Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Yes. And no.
Workers of a factory that produced popcorn flavor were exposed to tiny doses of the vaporized oily fluid, so they developed lipoid pneumonia over time.
In the wake of this, and not knowing or even ignoring the fact that liquid flavorings have totally different compositions without any lipoids, some "experts" created the threat you can develop popcornlungs from vaping in the first place.

I very respectfully disagree. You said in your OP "lipoid pneumonia, among vapers better known as popcorn lung." Lipoid pneumonia is not popcorn lung--look it up if you don't believe me.

I do not wish to discuss the diacetyl and vaping controversy, "experts," "threats," and whatnot--just medical facts. Popcorn lung is bronchiolitis obliterans, not lipoid pneumonia.

Carry on.

• Agree
Reactions: 440BB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread