Looking for mod suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassplayer1

Feb 24, 2014
Manchester ct
Right now I have an Ego V V2 mega. I like this battery but want to explore. What I'm looking for is something with variable wattage, voltage and Ohm reading. Would like something very durable and not too bulky. Have to be able to carry it in my pocket in a small case. My job requires allot of physical activity and I've already made the mistake of forgetting to case my setup so it broke in half. Need it to be extremely durable. Also if you could suggest a good reputable, USA place to buy it that would be great as well. Thank you in advance for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
This may be a mega step forward but I would look at the Provari. Take away all the other arguments for or against, if you are looking for well built, it is a hammer and smaller than I thought it would be when I bought it. I have the full size version and they have a mini version too.

You could use it as a hammer if you wanted. Durable, US made, 1 year warranty, replacement/fixing out of warranty and it has everything you asked for....................it is, however......pricey.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
There are good choices to be found in smaller VV/VW tube mods. The smallest all use the IMR 18350 removable/replaceable battery at 1100mAh. These choices include Sigelei Zmax Mini, smok Zmax Mini and Sigelei Zmax Telescopic V3 and V5 at diameters of 22-23mm and lengths of 100mm or slightly less. You really can't make a good comparison of these tube mods without knowing the size of the mod in mm or inches.

AW and Efest IMR batteries are good choices for these mods and are easily found. Good battery chargers include Nitecore, Pila, and Xtar.

I like Efest batteries for my vaping under 10 watts. The Nitecore four-bank Intellicharger i-4 is a fine choice on Amazon for about $17. Desert Vapes and Varitube are good US vendors for the Sigeleis, which I prefer for their bettery build quality. Sigelei pricing will run from $40-$70 depending on if it is sold body-only or as a kit. Vendor warranty will also affect pricing.

Last edited:

jonny45378

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Arizona
I also say look into the mvp. It's a really solid device and the battery lasts for days. The downside is
You can't change the batteries in it so it's technically a disposable. But it's really sturdy, I've dropped it multiple times and it still works like a champ. Also if you get into rebuilding you can go down to 0.8ohms and it'll still fire.
Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

girlsdrivetoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2013
Truckin' across America
It's heavy, but you might consider the iTaste VTR. It is VV/VW and reads ohms. Despite the weight, it is short and pocket-friendly. With the recessed tank set into the side, you dont have to worry about breaking it in half. And this thing can take a beating. Im a truck driver and like having a solid setup because I usually toss my vape in my hoodie pocket and more than once have had it fall out while cranking trailer landing gear or fighting with the bar to release my tandem pins. My VTR has hit the asphalt more times than I would like and all it has is one minor scratch and a bunch of finger prints. I dont worry about it when its in the front pocket of my jeans either. I have a Provari and a maraxus as well, but neither of those is what youre looking for. The VTR is a beast though and prices are dropping online. I believe 101vape has them for $70

mjohnsoniii

Verified Member
Feb 28, 2014
Ft Leonard Wood, MO
I've read a lot about the Vamo being the best bang for your buck. Is the V5 the newest model? I've checked this one out Vamo V5 KSD but wanted to know what you guys think. Is this a kit or what? I want to try and stick with the tube-type but box is a second option. What else (besides e-juice) would I need? Sorry to highjack the thread but maybe the OP would consider this as well. For "me", price IS the object. But I don't want to waste it either. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

Buggainok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
oklahoma city ok usa
Wow! Thanks for all the help. The vtr looks really cool but the weight might be too much for me. At work I carry a huge set of keys and a leatherman tool at all times. Pretty sure I'll loose my pants lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a link for the MVP 2 at a good price from a reliable vendor, with free shipping. I have one and love it, and it's well thought of by others who own it. Great to take to work because the battery can last a couple of days without a charge:

Innokin iTaste MVP V2.0 Iclear 30 V2 VV/VW

kitty6

Feb 28, 2014
Weatherly, PA, USA
I also agree with the MVP 2. After 3 years of using various eGos I took the plunge and got my first MVP2 this week. Got it on Monday, average about 250-300 puffs a day and here it is Friday and I haven't had to charge it yet. I also put in an order for another one today (always good to have a backup, right?!). This thing is leaps and bounds above my trusty eGos. I love the ability to use VV or VW and am definitely noticing better flavor from my favorite juices, and even some that I have relegated to the back of the bin because I didn't like them before taste better. You can get them for $35 shipped, so definitely in my frugal price range!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread