The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking for something durable

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Killustration, Nov 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Killustration

Killustration Senior Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Toronto
    Hey guys,

So my father is looking to get in to vaping and he is a miner and is worried about it busting, what with mining being a tough job, he normally carries his analogs around in a hard plastic case to protect them and feels like a plastic clearo will break on him being in his pocket.

I guess I'm looking for a solid setup for a new vaper that is durable and still can fit in his lunch pale and / or pocket.
    any suggestions would be great - also I primarily order from canvape so anything they carry would be ideal!
    Please let me know if you have any "tough setup" suggestions!

2. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    a cheaper alt for tough would be something like a bolt with replaceable battery and some carto's the bolt is fairly rugged, not to expensive (so it wont break you heart if you do bust it) and some xxl carto holding 2 or 3 ml of juice. and its size is similar to say a roll of quarters with a big fat button so its not all dainty when you got dirty rough hands and need to be all delicate.

3. flintlock62

flintlock62 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 2, 2012
    Arkansas Delta
    The Bolt is OK, but the Provari is pretty much indestructible and is not a throw away. The Provari is also a variable volt while the Bolt is a set 3.7 volt. I would also advise getting an all metal tank of some sort, and maybe a lanyard. Neither the Bolt, or the Provari will fit in the pocket easily because they are both a little on the heavy side. I would go for the Provari Mini.

The Bolt may be half the price, but when it breaks, its gone, period. Provari will repair their product. So, is the Bolt REALLY cheaper?

4. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    agreed but I dont know how willing this person is to take a $150 provari into a mine as well as this being a very very dirty dusty enviroment that may foul up the wee little buttons.

5. Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
    Toronto
    The Provari from what I read is the first that came to mind, but in no way would he go for making such a purchase after seeing my mother use her eGo cTwist that was like 20 dollars. lol
    Also it's somewhat complicated for a simple man and new vape user so : / I'm not so sure.

6. Off Topic

Off Topic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Provari, there is no substitute.

It is a battle tank. Old fashoned American made machined stainless. I've dropped mine from my fork lift on to the concrete so many times I can't remember.

Is it cheap? No. You are looking at $200 dressed out.

Tough? Oh yeah.

Get the extended cap with the 18650 batteries.

7. Beans

Beans Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2011
    Missoula Montana
    Reo Grands are incredibly durable too, it is also a juice feeder mod meaning there is no need for dripping and filling. A very good option for him.

8. flintlock62

Oct 2, 2012
    Arkansas Delta
    Well, an eGo is not such a bad choice. I would look at the Spinner.

9. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    I want a provari badly but I can only imagine the feeling of bending over and watching it disappear down a 150 foot shaft and after about 5 seconds hearing "ssplashh!" where as yea the bolt is fairly limited but finding the correct resistance accessory can fix that pretty much, and if the worst happens you think - "dam there goes 30 bucks"

10. Off Topic

I use cheap throw away dual coil cartos in my provari. When I drop it and it lands carto down....it breaks off. I unthread what's left of the old carto with my knife and put a fresh carto in.

I'm a klutz.

11. flintlock62

Oct 2, 2012
    Arkansas Delta
    That's why I suggest getting a lanyard. I worked in a mine once. Although I didn't vape at the time.

12. Off Topic

Get a lanyard.

13. Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
    Toronto
    Ah yes, after seeing this style I think that'd be a solid fit since it's so huge but more or less like a pack of analogs.
    Though again pricey. Damn. I'm wondering if perhaps It'd be ideal to maybe start him out with something cheap [an ego c with some carto's] then explain to him the benefit of a hardcore batt like Provari or Reo Grand.

14. flintlock62

Oct 2, 2012
    Arkansas Delta
    For a beginner, that is a wise choice. I suggested the Provari only because you said durable. Twists aren't that durable. Again, get a lanyard!

15. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    Just a reminder to everyone posting _this person is a miner, zero time for fiddling and probably the harshest, toughest, work environment on the planet, heat, humidity and incredible dirty.....................

16. Cookster

Cookster Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2011
    Fla-De-Da
  17. Thrasher

Oct 28, 2012
    Madeira beach, Fla
    lol I just would not take something of that nature into a mine environment, maybe someone else could but I wouldnt be able to bring it in there with me. lol

18. RPadTV

RPadTV Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2012
    Planet Awesome
    The Silver Bullet is very sturdy and works great.

19. flintlock62

Oct 2, 2012
    Arkansas Delta
    Have you ever worked in a mine? I have. Yes, a lanyard is a wise accessory.

20. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2012
    Henderson, NV
    Maybe a Smoketech Telescope. 100% mechanical mod, all day battery, and can be kicked if 3.7v isn't enough.

Plain ol cartos w/o a drip tip.

I would think that would be a very durable setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.