Looking for something durable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto
Hey guys,

So my father is looking to get in to vaping and he is a miner and is worried about it busting, what with mining being a tough job, he normally carries his analogs around in a hard plastic case to protect them and feels like a plastic clearo will break on him being in his pocket.

I guess I'm looking for a solid setup for a new vaper that is durable and still can fit in his lunch pale and / or pocket.
any suggestions would be great - also I primarily order from canvape so anything they carry would be ideal!
Please let me know if you have any "tough setup" suggestions!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
a cheaper alt for tough would be something like a bolt with replaceable battery and some carto's the bolt is fairly rugged, not to expensive (so it wont break you heart if you do bust it) and some xxl carto holding 2 or 3 ml of juice. and its size is similar to say a roll of quarters with a big fat button so its not all dainty when you got dirty rough hands and need to be all delicate.

Last edited:

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
The Bolt is OK, but the Provari is pretty much indestructible and is not a throw away. The Provari is also a variable volt while the Bolt is a set 3.7 volt. I would also advise getting an all metal tank of some sort, and maybe a lanyard. Neither the Bolt, or the Provari will fit in the pocket easily because they are both a little on the heavy side. I would go for the Provari Mini.

The Bolt may be half the price, but when it breaks, its gone, period. Provari will repair their product. So, is the Bolt REALLY cheaper?

Hey guys,

So my father is looking to get in to vaping and he is a miner and is worried about it busting, what with mining being a tough job, he normally carries his analogs around in a hard plastic case to protect them and feels like a plastic clearo will break on him being in his pocket.

I guess I'm looking for a solid setup for a new vaper that is durable and still can fit in his lunch pale and / or pocket.
any suggestions would be great - also I primarily order from canvape so anything they carry would be ideal!
Please let me know if you have any "tough setup" suggestions!

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
The Bolt is OK, but the Provari is pretty much indestructible and is not a throw away. The Provari is also a variable volt while the Bolt is a set 3.7 volt. I would also advise getting an all metal tank of some sort, and maybe a lanyard. Neither the Bolt, or the Provari will fit in the pocket easily because they are both a little on the heavy side. I would go for the Provari Mini.

agreed but I dont know how willing this person is to take a $150 provari into a mine as well as this being a very very dirty dusty enviroment that may foul up the wee little buttons.

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto

The Provari from what I read is the first that came to mind, but in no way would he go for making such a purchase after seeing my mother use her eGo cTwist that was like 20 dollars. lol
Also it's somewhat complicated for a simple man and new vape user so : / I'm not so sure.

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
The Wood Between the Worlds
Provari, there is no substitute.

It is a battle tank. Old fashoned American made machined stainless. I've dropped mine from my fork lift on to the concrete so many times I can't remember.

Is it cheap? No. You are looking at $200 dressed out.

Tough? Oh yeah.

Get the extended cap with the 18650 batteries.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Well, an eGo is not such a bad choice. I would look at the Spinner.

The Provari from what I read is the first that came to mind, but in no way would he go for making such a purchase after seeing my mother use her eGo cTwist that was like 20 dollars. lol
Also it's somewhat complicated for a simple man and new vape user so : / I'm not so sure.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I want a provari badly but I can only imagine the feeling of bending over and watching it disappear down a 150 foot shaft and after about 5 seconds hearing "ssplashh!" where as yea the bolt is fairly limited but finding the correct resistance accessory can fix that pretty much, and if the worst happens you think - "dam there goes 30 bucks"

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
That's why I suggest getting a lanyard. I worked in a mine once. Although I didn't vape at the time.

I want a provari badly but I can only imagine the feeling of bending over and watching it disappear down a 150 foot shaft and after about 5 seconds hearing "ssplashh!" where as yea the bolt is fairly limited but finding the correct resistance accessory can fix that pretty much, and if the worst happens you think - "dam there goes 30 bucks"

Off Topic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2011
The Wood Between the Worlds

Get a lanyard.

Killustration

Nov 1, 2012
Toronto
Reo Grands are incredibly durable too, it is also a juice feeder mod meaning there is no need for dripping and filling. A very good option for him.

Ah yes, after seeing this style I think that'd be a solid fit since it's so huge but more or less like a pack of analogs.
Though again pricey. Damn. I'm wondering if perhaps It'd be ideal to maybe start him out with something cheap [an ego c with some carto's] then explain to him the benefit of a hardcore batt like Provari or Reo Grand.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
For a beginner, that is a wise choice. I suggested the Provari only because you said durable. Twists aren't that durable. Again, get a lanyard!

Ah yes, after seeing this style I think that'd be a solid fit since it's so huge but more or less like a pack of analogs.
Though again pricey. Damn. I'm wondering if perhaps It'd be ideal to maybe start him out with something cheap [an ego c with some carto's] then explain to him the benefit of a hardcore batt like Provari or Reo Grand.

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread