The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

looking for my vape

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by retired2020, Jun 6, 2021.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. retired2020

retired2020 Full Member

May 26, 2021
    this is a every day thing for me.it might have to do with age or ripping and running all day.just having three out seems to help.how do you manage?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Pockets, the solution for me was pockets.

Cheers
    I

• Like Like x 2
  3. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I lose mine with monotonous regularity - I always first check down the side of my reclining armchair, go through to the bedroom where I always as a precaution have two others charged and loaded ... and end up asking my wife if she's seen the blessed thing - she always has!

It's a fair division of labour though she is a demon for losing her reading glasses!

Ah the joys of getting old!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. Aerodan

Aerodan Senior Member

Supporting member
    Aug 12, 2020
    AZ
    Apple AirTags have become useful to locate our cat in the house. Vapes might be easy too!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Superuser187

Superuser187 Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    If the device is small and light maybe a thing to hang it on the neck can be good idea...

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    What about one of those Apple AirTags?

"Siri! Help! I lost my mod, and I can't vape it up!"

• Funny Funny x 5
  7. Javichu

Javichu Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Time to go full Indy:

indiana-jones-mens-premium-costume.jpg

*Whip is optional*

No but seriously a man bag solves all your problems.

I got one for summer and one for winter and they are life savers,i have to carry so much stuff around when i leave home there is no way i could fit it all in my pockets.

Vaping gear always adds up to quite a bit,always bring cotton,pliers+scissors in a little kit and a bottle of e-liquid,you never know if you going to put to much heat and burn your cotton...then you are stuck without being able to vape.

Then the keys,phone,wallet,documents,kleenex (for allergy crisis),couple pendrives,aspirin,allergy pills so yeah no way i can carry all that in my pockets.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    You may want to get a handle on this issue otherwise you may see some not-so-cloudy futures on the horizon.

Pockets do tend to work, though. That or a vape purse.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    Velcro.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    My vape stuff (with the exception of one small pod device) doesn't leave the house. I recently got a small belt carrier thing for it (at a yard sale LOL) I don't misplace my main devices at home because I live with my elderly mother, my nephew and his 4 year old son. I hide them high on a bookshelf or lock them in my room.

11. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    My short term memory sucks. I was getting worried I might be coming down with Alzheimer's, but I read the following a little while ago and it gives me hope :)

"If anyone is aware of his memory problems, he does not have Alzheimer's."

The funny thing is, I rarely lose my vapes. It happens maybe every few months. I always have a few setups on the go which makes it easy, I just grab another one.

I think if it ever becomes a problem, I would just try to always put it down in only a few places so I would know where to look. Of course, this would only work if I could remember to do that :rolleyes:

Like my Dad used to say, "The Golden Years aren't all they're cracked up to be."

• Like Like x 4
  12. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I did actually try one in Spain a few years back - trouble is I either took it off in a restaurant in Arroyo de la Miel or left it on the bus to Mijas. It had my vape stuff and phone in it.

Back at the house I did a trace on the phone and it was already en route to Barcelona but via the computer I could kill it remotely.

After that it was small pocketable devices with a spare 10 mil bottle of liquid and a charging cord kept in cargo pants when out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Javichu

Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Dang,sorry to hear that happened.

I never take mine off unless I'm driving,then i just put it on the passenger seat.
    In winter sometimes and depending on the jacket i use i leave my man bag at home,but so much stuff that i need on me that It's just easier to take it with me.

Proud to say that yes i am ''that'' guy :lol::lol:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Hawise

Hawise Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    It's invariably in the last place you'd think to look.

I suspect that's because most people stop looking after they find it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Javichu

Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I hear that.

I have always been good at finding stuff,my mom used to call me when she couldn't find things like keys or her purse.
    Back when i lived in British Colombia my mom came once to high school and dragged me out of class because she couldn't find the keys to open the restaurant hahaha good times :D:D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. retired2020

retired2020 Full Member

May 26, 2021
    in my thirty years of smoking, did have the ashtray smoke some for me. that seems like the equivalent.
    i do find them eventually.:blush:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Ed Brown

Ed Brown Super Member ECF Veteran

I am always losing something - glasses, keys, and yes vapes. As I am typing now, I don't know where my glasses are. Usually it happens when my mind is focused on one task and I put the item down to do that task. Then I go on to another task and the fact that I put the item down isn't registered. One technique that helps, is when putting an item down, refocus my mind on the act of putting it down and say out loud "I'm putting my ____ on the ____. That usually works, but sometimes I forget to do it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I blame covid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Territoo