looking for my vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I lose mine with monotonous regularity - I always first check down the side of my reclining armchair, go through to the bedroom where I always as a precaution have two others charged and loaded ... and end up asking my wife if she's seen the blessed thing - she always has!

It's a fair division of labour though she is a demon for losing her reading glasses!

Ah the joys of getting old!

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
this is a every day thing for me.it might have to do with age or ripping and running all day.just having three out seems to help.how do you manage?

Time to go full Indy:

indiana-jones-mens-premium-costume.jpg

*Whip is optional*

No but seriously a man bag solves all your problems.

I got one for summer and one for winter and they are life savers,i have to carry so much stuff around when i leave home there is no way i could fit it all in my pockets.

Vaping gear always adds up to quite a bit,always bring cotton,pliers+scissors in a little kit and a bottle of e-liquid,you never know if you going to put to much heat and burn your cotton...then you are stuck without being able to vape.

Then the keys,phone,wallet,documents,kleenex (for allergy crisis),couple pendrives,aspirin,allergy pills so yeah no way i can carry all that in my pockets.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
My vape stuff (with the exception of one small pod device) doesn't leave the house. I recently got a small belt carrier thing for it (at a yard sale LOL) I don't misplace my main devices at home because I live with my elderly mother, my nephew and his 4 year old son. I hide them high on a bookshelf or lock them in my room.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My short term memory sucks. I was getting worried I might be coming down with Alzheimer's, but I read the following a little while ago and it gives me hope :)

"If anyone is aware of his memory problems, he does not have Alzheimer's."

The funny thing is, I rarely lose my vapes. It happens maybe every few months. I always have a few setups on the go which makes it easy, I just grab another one.

I think if it ever becomes a problem, I would just try to always put it down in only a few places so I would know where to look. Of course, this would only work if I could remember to do that :rolleyes:

Like my Dad used to say, "The Golden Years aren't all they're cracked up to be."

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Time to go full Indy:

View attachment 944489

*Whip is optional*

No but seriously a man bag solves all your problems.

I got one for summer and one for winter and they are life savers,i have to carry so much stuff around when i leave home there is no way i could fit it all in my pockets.

Vaping gear always adds up to quite a bit,always bring cotton,pliers+scissors in a little kit and a bottle of e-liquid,you never know if you going to put to much heat and burn your cotton...then you are stuck without being able to vape.

Then the keys,phone,wallet,documents,kleenex (for allergy crisis),couple pendrives,aspirin,allergy pills so yeah no way i can carry all that in my pockets.

I did actually try one in Spain a few years back - trouble is I either took it off in a restaurant in Arroyo de la Miel or left it on the bus to Mijas. It had my vape stuff and phone in it.

Back at the house I did a trace on the phone and it was already en route to Barcelona but via the computer I could kill it remotely.

After that it was small pocketable devices with a spare 10 mil bottle of liquid and a charging cord kept in cargo pants when out.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I did actually try one in Spain a few years back - trouble is I either took it off in a restaurant in Arroyo de la Miel or left it on the bus to Mijas. It had my vape stuff and phone in it.

Back at the house I did a trace on the phone and it was already en route to Barcelona but via the computer I could kill it remotely.

After that it was small pocketable devices with a spare 10 mil bottle of liquid and a charging cord kept in cargo pants when out.

Dang,sorry to hear that happened.

I never take mine off unless I'm driving,then i just put it on the passenger seat.
In winter sometimes and depending on the jacket i use i leave my man bag at home,but so much stuff that i need on me that It's just easier to take it with me.

Proud to say that yes i am ''that'' guy :lol::lol:

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
It's invariably in the last place you'd think to look.

I suspect that's because most people stop looking after they find it.

I hear that.

I have always been good at finding stuff,my mom used to call me when she couldn't find things like keys or her purse.
Back when i lived in British Colombia my mom came once to high school and dragged me out of class because she couldn't find the keys to open the restaurant hahaha good times :D:D

Reactions: Falconeer

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2019
North-Central PA (flyover country)
I am always losing something - glasses, keys, and yes vapes. As I am typing now, I don't know where my glasses are. Usually it happens when my mind is focused on one task and I put the item down to do that task. Then I go on to another task and the fact that I put the item down isn't registered. One technique that helps, is when putting an item down, refocus my mind on the act of putting it down and say out loud "I'm putting my ____ on the ____. That usually works, but sometimes I forget to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread