The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking for some ideas on an RTA setup

Discussion in 'RTA' started by Basnard, Mar 25, 2021.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Basnard

Basnard Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Brunswick Maine
    I currently use an Aspire tank using the EVO .5 coils. I've been wanting to switch to a rebuildable setup but I am not sure what would be similar in function to what I am currently using. Shopping for all the parts is overwhelming.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. john1211

john1211 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Troy, NY
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Another vote for Ares 2; comes with everything you need to make and wick your first coil, and Phil Busardo's YouTube tutorials will guide step-by-step, including trouble shooting.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Basnard

Basnard Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Brunswick Maine
    I will try to track this down to order some. I am new to rebuildable and now also have to do a crash course in DIY for the upcoming garbage. Any other suggestions for parts & supplies is greatly greatly appreciated!

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice ThenOnceMore ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Inter-Between
    If you go with something like the Ares 2 RTA grab a few for backups.

Also, consider grabbing a couple RDA's and a couple mech mods. Those will last.

Your time for getting nicotine for DIY has nearly closed. Have a look at @UncleJunkle's https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/ubs/list-of-usa-based-nicotine-base-vendors.17/

Here is the vapocalypse calculator. It will help you determine how much nic you need.
    Vaping Community e-liquid Calculator - Vapocalypse Calculator

Buy as much nic as you can afford.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Basnard

Basnard Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Brunswick Maine
    I currently use 3mg or 1.5mg. I did order two liters of 100mg maybe I should order a little more. I also ordered some of my normal liquid to get me through while I figure out how to use all this stuff. All this information is very helpful! Thank you! Also, is there a preferred vendor for ordering these tanks?

• Like Like x 1
  7. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
  8. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    However, I see they you are using aspire atlantis Evo tank. That is a DL tank.

If you want DL RTA, Ares 2 is a bad idea IMHO. That is a true MTL tank and will do tight to loose MTL. Full open airflow is a VERY restricted DL.

As and RDL vaper mostly, I don't personally consider the Ares an RDL tank at all, let alone DL.

9. Basnard

Basnard Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Brunswick Maine
    I do use it as MTL with the .5 coils I get there is some decent restriction. I do run the air flow adjuster wide open.

10. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    From what I can see with that Atlantis EVO tank, it proably has quite a bit more airflow at even half open than the Ares 2 at wide open. Your call. If things really do go as they seem to be going, unfortunately there is hardly any time left to make informed buying decisions. Most nicotine sellers I know of have stopped taking orders. Slightly over half and over the next few days they will all stop taking orders. That includes hardware sellers, but I don't have any interest in keep tabs on all those lol. However, March 27th seem to be the latest I have seen about retailers quitting taking new orders. So a bit late to really shop around, only time left is for buying what you know want and can find.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Basnard

Basnard Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Brunswick Maine
    Yeah, I'm in a bit of a panic trying to shop today. Not a lot of fun.

12. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Ecigmafia still has quite a few Uwell D2 RTAs for sale at $1.99 each.
    Uwell D2 RTA Tank

That's a dual coil RTA. I use it as single coil by plugging one set of air and juice holes with a piece of moldable silicone ear plug. Not the best flavor tank when you do that, though.

The D2 is DL and can be restricted quite a bit. It's also top airflow and top fill.

Look around the clearance section, they may have others. They may have others for under $10.

13. Basnard

Basnard Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Brunswick Maine
    The coils I use on the EVO are listed as this:
    • 0.5Ω: Clapton/Kanthal wire - standard airflow (1.3mm diameter) - MTL (Mouth To Lung) - 35W/45W

14. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Here's a pic of my D2 plugged up using a pace of silicone ear plug.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and BTW: the pic on Ecigmafia isn't accurate. There is no metal sleeve around the glass. This is what it will actually look like...

[​IMG]

This is what Ecigmafia and everyone else shows, but it's incorrect. Must've been a pre-production pic.

[​IMG]

15. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
  16. Basnard

Basnard Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Brunswick Maine
    For the price I'll grab some of those. Not really a lot of risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    Ecig mafia also has the Geekvape Aegis X (dual battery) kits which comes with the Cerberus tank. That tank takes the Ijoy EXO-S RBA section, which is available on Amazon in a 5-pack. Turns the tank into into a single coil rebuildable tank. Something to consider if you want a dual batt mod.

You may be able to find a better price on the Aegis X kit elsewhere, though, if you have time to search.

Don't forget to use code MARCH15 on ecigmafia if you buy anything not on clearnace. 15% off. ECM10 is 10% off everything, even clearance items.

That RBA fits other tanks, too. See my signature for a list of tanks that I know you. Maybe you have some of them already.

18. Basnard

Basnard Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Brunswick Maine
    I just ordered 1 more liter of concentrate and 3 of the tanks you mentioned. I may also order a few of the Innokin tanks if I cannot find something that may have better odds of working for me. The other supplies I need don't look like they will be difficult to get in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Basnard

Basnard Full Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Brunswick Maine
    I have now order some of those Innokin tanks and some spare glass for them. Thanks everyone for all the help it is greatly appreciated! I may buy more stuff but I feel a lot less stressed now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Katya

Katya ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Good luck!