Status
Not open for further replies.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
What's the brain trust's impressions of this RTA. I haven't rebuilt a coil since re-doing the coils on the protank coils. So it's been awhile and rebuilding those were very different from using today's rebuildables. I like the looks and was wondering if y'all like this tank and it's performance? Please share your thoughts on this RTA so I can get an idea if this would be good for me.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I don't think anyone has this in hand yet except for reviewers. It is a beautiful tank and the build looks so easy. I like that the coil included is nichrome, so it is TC or TCR ready. I don't like that the tank capacity is only 3.5 mls but I bet they end up offering a large capacity replacement glass at some point. It is interesting. OBS tanks tend to make quality tanks - I have four Engine Nanos. They don't leak. You might be able to get a good idea from watching a few youtube videos since some reviewers have them. I like it, FWIW.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Awesome, thanks for the replies guys. I didn't realize it was that new of a tank. She looks like a quality tank so I'm happy to hear that they make quality tanks. I guess I'll have to wait a bit until it gets in the wild and the masses put it to the test.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Thanks to your post, I preordered one. The build deck is intriguing, the tank is beautiful, and OBS makes quality attys. How can I go wrong? ;)

8897900-5.jpg

It is expected to be in stock in about 2 weeks.

Last edited:

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I don't think anyone has this in hand yet except for reviewers. It is a beautiful tank and the build looks so easy. I like that the coil included is nichrome, so it is TC or TCR ready. I don't like that the tank capacity if only 3.5 mls but I bet they end up offering a large capacity replacement glass at some point. It is interesting. OBS tanks tend to be quality tanks - I have three Engine Nanos. They don't leak. You might be able to get a good idea from watching a few youtube videos since some reviewers have them. I like it, FWIW.
Nichrome isn't a temp control wire.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Nichrome isn't a temp control wire.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Thank you for the correction. Now that you mention it, I am not sure the coil is nichrome. None of the descriptions on the pre-order sites say what the coil is made from. One reviewer whose youtube review I watched said it was nichrome but included coils are usually kanthal. Anyway, I appreciate the correction.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
More and more companies are including ss coils. It is a trend I'm really liking. Couple of people have won this tank & love it. Reporting great flavor and no leaks.

I haven't run into that happy event yet, but it sure is a good choice. No real extra cost to them, and more flexible, especially for us TC users. I hate tossing coils I won't use to the bottom of my build toolbox.

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I'm such a huge fan of ss coils it is a requirement for me to get a tank. Well maybe not a requirement but it makes it much more likely I'd buy a tank that has that coil option. I've only used the Crown since last year but I'm entertaining the thought of a new tank or even a rebuildable. It's just tough because the crown tank performs superbly and the ss coils last forever. I'm only on the second four pack since December last year and there is still at least one fresh one in that pack. It's hard to want to build a coil when the factory ones performs great in tc and power and last forever. I have trouble finding the motivation so who knows I might be on here next year at this time still talking about trying something new yet never doing it. I'm all talk no action, in other words I'm a wanksta, lol sorry. I just needed a laugh and early 2000's 50 cent was just what the doctor ordered. :2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
GET IT

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Love my OBS Crius II in SS color - I have been using it for about a week now and very happy with this well built Tank! I won it in a contest.
I am really happy with the single coil deck, this tank does not get hot for me like my OBS Engines, no tabs to line up either!
I went ahead and used the already installed Ni80 coil and the wicking was easy and no spitting, leaks or dry hits, very good flavor at 35w for me on a .35Ω Ni80 coil, very nice vape and would likely buy another- I'd love the Gold!
The 3.5ml tank is pretty small and thirsty goes thru liquid very quickly, but overall a really nice RTA Tank!

20170927_095520.jpg

Attachments

• 20170927_100200.jpg
    20170927_100200.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 56

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Love my OBS Crius II in SS color - I have been using it for about a week now and very happy with this well built Tank! I won it in a contest.
I am really happy with the single coil deck, this tank does not get hot for me like my OBS Engines, no tabs to line up either!
I went ahead and used the already installed Ni80 coil and the wicking was easy and no spitting, leaks or dry hits, very good flavor at 35w for me on a .35Ω Ni80 coil, very nice vape and would likely buy another- I'd love the Gold!
The 3.5ml tank is pretty small and thirsty goes thru liquid very quickly, but overall a really nice RTA Tank!

View attachment 689741

Thank you for sharing this opinion. I was actually thinking of canceling my pre-order for the gold Crius II but I won't now. It probably won't be long before there is an expansion tank for it. *fingers crossed*

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I'm such a huge fan of ss coils it is a requirement for me to get a tank. Well maybe not a requirement but it makes it much more likely I'd buy a tank that has that coil option. I've only used the Crown since last year but I'm entertaining the thought of a new tank or even a rebuildable. It's just tough because the crown tank performs superbly and the ss coils last forever. I'm only on the second four pack since December last year and there is still at least one fresh one in that pack. It's hard to want to build a coil when the factory ones performs great in tc and power and last forever. I have trouble finding the motivation so who knows I might be on here next year at this time still talking about trying something new yet never doing it. I'm all talk no action, in other words I'm a wanksta, lol sorry. I just needed a laugh and early 2000's 50 cent was just what the doctor ordered. :2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c::2c:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
GET IT

You could always buy a Demon Killer Coil Set like this from Fasttech
$7.66 Demon Killer Ni80 Pre-Coiled Resistance Wire (6 Specs) - authentic / 4-pack/spec at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

or these in stainless
$7.28 Demon Killer 316LStainless Steel Pre-Coiled Resistance Wire (6 Specs) - ships 4 pieces of each spec at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

View attachment 689741
Was hoping you'd find this thread, couldn't remember who had it. :p

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Thank you for sharing this opinion. I was actually thinking of canceling my pre-order for the gold Crius II but I won't now. It probably won't be long before there is an expansion tank for it. *fingers crossed*
I think you will love this tank- I was totally surprised on how much I love it! The OBS Engines(dual coil) are just Ok in my book and mainly because they don't leak, so I wasn't expecting much, and I still mainly lean to using my factory coil tanks- Love my new Asvape Cobra Tanks! I won the Black and loved that one so much I bought the SS and the Gold!
If preordering from China it may be a while till these tanks get shipped as China is on holiday now all week!
Fasttech is showing to be shipped on 10/13- I have the Gold in my cart- but waiting for maybe a Halloween sale or fall sale before I get another!
$23.83 Authentic OBS Crius II RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 304 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
great price at FT

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Was hoping you'd find this thread, couldn't remember who had it. :p

Haha- I sure did!
What is going on- I can't like any posts and quoting is a pain too!
The OBS Crius ll is an awesome RTA - well built, easy to take apart, coil and wick! Vapes great, nice flavor, no leaking! The only thing bad I can say is the tank size and this tank is thirsty, so it seems that I am constantly refilling! I am keeping the wattage lower on this and it seems to help not burn thru the liquid so quickly, I dialed it down to 30w and it still a vapes nice! I am a lower wattage vaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread