dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Heres some help to get you started.

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
I've bought a couple of bottles of nic from MyFreedomSmokes - quite happy with it. Best advice I could give you from a fellow beginner:

• Start out with single flavor recipes, nice and simple. Find out what you like, and at what % you like it, before tackling complex recipes.
  • Always make small batches until you know you'll enjoy it. Otherwise you'll be wasting lots of nicotine on things you don't end up liking. The 100 Drip Test is perfect for this.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I was just hit by this last week. I've always gone by the "golden rule" of 20 drops/1ml. I make 10 ml samples of stuff and they never tasted right or completely tasted like crap. I had all but given up. But I decided to do a test, that I should have done a long time ago.

I filled a syringe with 1 ml of PG and squirted it in a 5ml bottle. Marked the line on the bottle, and poured it out. I used the dropper (pic below) and counted how many drops of PG it took to fill up to the line.

20785c4560c20c7b19615ca61168d742.jpg

These come with stuff you get from Wizard Labs. 10ml samples only need drops of flavors so if the recipe asks for something more than half a ml I'll use syringes, less and I'll use these droppers.

Well it takes 40 drops from one of these to equal a ml, not the 20 as I had read so many times. So now I know why I couldn't get my diy to act right... I redid 2 of my failures that I really wanted to work out and so far they are awesome!!

Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

MsGoddess2U

Nov 16, 2014
Salem, Oregon
Definitely read Dannyv45's blogs! I still haven't gotten to read everything but everything I've read had been very helpful. My suggestion would simply be that, if you are thinking about any other than single flavor recipes,, find the recipes and make a list of the flavors you will need. I didn't do that and, as I was just explaining in another thread, I have 50+ flavors cuz I thought they sounded good (in my head) but once I find a recipe, I am usually missing a flavor or 2 that is required to complete it....lol!!!

I haven't gone to glass storage bottles yet but I intend to do so very soon. Also, I'm considering trying testers without nicotine cuz that's the stuff that really costs the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread