Looking to get starting with RBAs need a checklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

friedbob

Verified Member
Ok I've pretty mu ch a small list of RBAs to pick from for my firsty, AGA-T2, RSST, AGI, Richman, and maybe a Terminator-C dependent on reviews I read over the next while. So the real question is what else? I know I'll need wick and wire but where from? What kind would be best for a Vamo setup? Extra tools I may need for expanding airholes or whatever?

Basically I would like to be prepared for whatever I may run into with a basic rba, which is the reason I have this list they all look like Genesis RBAs which seem to be pretty standardized its just a question of the best of the cheapest. Maybe when I'm better at it I will go for something like a kayfun but for now I just wanna learn the ropes and have a great vape. Help me out? Any tools or supplies that you can think of or videos I should watch. I've already got the PeterK method saved on youtube but anything else is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

savagemann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2013
California East Bay
I started with an aga-t2. Great device.
Get your kanthal a1 from ebay from seller temco.
It's the best deal around.
I picked up 32ga, 30ga and 28ga to start.
Mostly use the 32ga for rebuilding pro tank coils.
Find myself using 30ga the most.
What device are you going to use?
Mech or vv/vw?
I get most of my other stuff from steam monkey.
They have mesh, wire, rbas and rdas.
Pretty much a 1 stop shop.
Not a bad option to get started that way.
I'd hold out on buying any crazy tools for now....just start with the basics.
You will need a small pair of needle nose pliers. Its nice to have 2 sets.
Also a set of flush wire cutters don't hurt either.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
wire from temco either direct or off of ebay Resistance Wire
SS mesh, ekowool, good price on some RBAs, RDAs Wick, Wire, RBAs
Silica, ekowool silica wick | eBay

But the #1 piece of advice is to educate yourself. Read my blog for setting up AGA-Ts and gennys in general, there are good (and bad) videos on youtube, few go into great detail but the blog along side a good video will fill in your understanding on what these guys are doing to be successful but aren't necessarily spelling out.

eHuman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
San Diego
My setup will be using my Vamo v4 so I have VV and VW.whats the difference between mesh, cotton, ekowool, ceramic, ect. are these only usable in specific RBAs or all of them with a little extra learning?
"Typically" SS mesh for gennys and silica/ekowool with drippers. That being said, either can be set up with either. If you want to get your feet wet with the easier set up go with something like an IGO-L and use silica and 30g kanthal. I still have and use IGO-Ls in daily rotation even now that I have some higher end RBAs, they rock. If you are not using a mech mod, only worry about getting 30g and 32g kanthal.

Jazzi Mike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2013
Michigan
I started with an aga. I quickly gave up on it after around 10-20 rebuilds without being able to get it to work. I have the worst luck with SS Mesh as a wick. Now that I have gotten good at silica builds, I mostly use my Terminator C, Hercules, and Kayfun Lite.

I am rebuilding with only one hand, so my learning curve is a bit longer. My point is if you are are not having good luck with the genesis style attys, try a silica build. It is much more forgiving.

I personally like Ekowool. I only buy it in 2mm size and it seems to work in everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread