Looking to upgrade my gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wissel Joe

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2015
Medina, Ohio
I work about the same work 9 months then im off 3 months, when im working im spend most of the day in the truck also
I have the istick20w and a kanger giant tank, I love this setup rarely do i go over 8watts and the giant tank i fill once a day
So no worries on the threading issue only take the tank off once a day. You can get the istick20 for around $30 and i got the kanger giant on sale for $9.99

funnyistick4.jpg

ihtc

Jun 14, 2014
Queens, NY
I work about the same work 9 months then im off 3 months, when im working im spend most of the day in the truck also
I have the istick20w and a kanger giant tank, I love this setup rarely do i go over 8watts and the giant tank i fill once a day
So no worries on the threading issue only take the tank off once a day. You can get the istick20 for around $30 and i got the kanger giant on sale for $9.99

View attachment 407067

That tank looks like a beast on the istick! I do miss how long juice lasted when i used regular kanger / aspire coils. Now that I do RDAs RBAs, and the subtanks / atlantis tanks I drink through juice at alarming rates :p

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Interesting - you like what you currently have but want something 'better'? You've gotten a bunch of good advice above.

While there are some great 20-50W mods with internal batteries, long term I don't believe in non-replaceable batteries - I don't want to retire a device just because the internal battery will no longer hold a charge. Hence in my book replaceable batteries are a must have.

You mentioned that you drop your vape pens alot and are looking for more capacity. I'd look into something that is ether all SS or has a SS protection - I would not buy a plastic tank (unless you know ahead of time that you'll never use incompatible juice) - someone already mentioned the Aspire Nautilus line. Both the full size and mini have SS protection as a extra cost option - I regularly use both - I highly recommend ether.

I've not tried a 26650 or dual 18650 as of yet but I've not found a mod that will last all day. Instead of carrying extra batteries I usually carry two mods/tanks with different juice - one "main" and another as a fail safe backup. I'd suggest looking into mods with a 18650 and plan on taking one of your pens along as a backup.

Arnold Hesnod

Moved On
    Apr 2, 2010
    New York
    If you don't want to deal with rebuildables, then I've personally found the Aspire Nautilus tanks to be a close 2nd. They flavor isn't quite as good as something like a Kayfun 4 but it's pretty close and pop out old atty, screw in new one, oh wow that took 15 seconds, tends to beat, dismantle Kayfun 4, hmmm, no, wait, I can't, yet another O-ring is stuck on it [let's pause for 20 minutes while I figure out how to dismantle the thing], oh ok, great, building a coil is easy, so is cotton, so is everything really, but hey, that's 8 different things to do, unscrew it, get top off chimney, pull out old coil and wick, install new one, test it, on darn a short because one of the wires is touching that ring around it, fix that, no problem, oh hey, it works! awesome, let's put it back together again, hey, this vapes great! [25 minutes have passed].

It depends a lot on how much you vape, but the Nautilus tanks are really, really easy to work with, and give you about 90% of the positive benefits of something like a RTDA.

shane35fowler

Jun 7, 2015
    Louisiana
    My 1st upgrade from a setup just like yours was a istick50 and subtank mini! The battery life was amazing on the istick almost 3 days and the flavor was crazy good with the subtank....only problem I had is I was going thru coils like crazy. So I switched to a temp control mod IPV4 and and Smok TCT tank. I have doubled my coil life and the flavor is even better!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread