Lorann or Bickford: What's better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satire

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2008
Texas
Well I'm late for work so I didn't have time to look around much, but here Propylene Glycol Gl - Neeps Lawn and Garden is a gallon of PG for 26 bucks, you should be good with that for a while, and it is USP grade (you aren't going to find it any purer, this is medical grade). And Misty all of the symptoms you listed have been observed, I remember reading them on the tests they did to check the LD-50 (how much they had to inject before the poor critter died) of the stuff, and these were symptoms noted shortly before death or on amounts so high if you injected someone with this much pure water, they would become delirious due to their blood being diluted so heavily. However, they have done long term studies exposing rats to very high concentrations of pg vapors for 6 hours a day for 2 years, and done the traditional battery of mutagen tests (the ones that were used when they found VG's possible mutagen action) and no irreversible long term damage or mutation was found (the ones exposed to the highest concentrations had some symptoms from the nasal passages being overly-dried out, which they also observed healed almost completely on the 2 day breaks they took on the weekends). I will send you the full report later and I am leaving a lot out but I was supposed to leave for work 11 min ago :p bye bye

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Yvilla,

I didn't know about the faerie's brand...just checked it out. Have you tried them? Are they concentrated enough for stronger flavor like the Lorann's?

Lu

Lu, sorry but no, I haven't tried them yet. Was just looking around for possible sources that did list ingredients and found them. And thought their custom assortment (down at the bottom) looked like a good deal for a trial.

GabbyD

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Southern U.S.
I'll be curious to hear more as you experiment, Lu! I love English Toffee and can't wait to get my hands on some more flavors to try. That stuff is so strong, I can smell it as soon as I take the lid off. I've been using it for over a week now and it looks like hardly any is missing from the bottle, so I think these are a pretty good value for the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread