The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

LorAnn Teaberry!!!!

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Mouser, Mar 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mouser

Mouser Full Member

I have gone the route of mixing my own flavors. I have purchased a number of Bickford and LorAnn flavors.

I have a lifetime supply of PG and VG. And, enough polyester fill fluff stuff to make a bed from...

I have menthol crystals on the way.

And, I have about 500ml liquid on order, in anticipation of the worst. I am hording now. As should you. I will soon have about 2 years' worth of liquid on hand.

I like my alternative. I have not had an analog cig for 7 weeks.

Enough of the crying... My post is about this: LorAnn TEABERRY FLAVOR!!!

OMFG!!

This is really a headsnapper....!! Take any yuck e-liquid you have, and give it a few drops of TeaBerry... Instant goodness. It tastes like some sort of "juicy-fruit" but, with a hint of licorice and mint...

Thank you LorAnnn. You have given me a five-dollar vial of goodness that will erase the yuck from piles and piles of ashtray-flavor e-liquid that I have managed to acquire...

2. mixxy

mixxy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2008
    Oregon
    That sounds so yummy :p But... when I checked... the Teaberry says it is only "slightly soluble in water" so this one might not be good for your atomizer :confused:

Teaberry Flavor
    Product Number:0620-0500
    Kosher Certified. Contains: Artificial Flavor. Slightly soluble in water. Appropriate for use in chocolates and coatings.

3. Mouser

Mouser Full Member

Oh no, the best things in life always come with a price... :) It figures that the best flavor that I've tried so far has a potential drawback. I'll dedicate one atomizer to this application. If it seems to suffer any, I will report back on it.

4. mixxy

mixxy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2008
    Oregon
    Please do give us a report back on it! :) I know it's so sad to love one of the flavors and then find out it isn't the best to use. I got the ingredients for the Lorann Keoke Coffee off of a web site that left off that it had "caramel color" so used it before I found out. I do love the flavor so much that I decided a little caramel color can't possibly hurt THAT much after all the junk I inhaled from burning tobacco. :rolleyes: I'm just staying away from the flavors that are not "water soluble"... because I can't afford a new atomizer every day! :oops:

5. ecosnige

ecosnige Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2009
    UK
    I got some loranna too cranberry and brandy,They are amasing mixed 50 50 with wicked ejuice 36mg and pg with 2 drops of cranberry and i did another mix with brandy.Both are very very very tasty!! mmmmm il take another puff lol :)

6. The Wiz

The Wiz ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Mouser, The Teaberry sounds great.Does it taste like the teaberry chewing gum? If so I might have to chance the water solubility..and give it a go.Loved that stuff when I was a kid. One quick question( which I'm sure is already on the forum somewhere),Where did you order your menthol crystals from?,would like to give it a try myself,Thanks!:)The Wiz!

7. Sunshyn

Sunshyn Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 18, 2009
    CT, USA
    I'm seeing a trend here. The most distinctive LorAnn flavors seem to be non-solubles. I wonder if the oil just carries flavor better.

I have very little experience with this type of thing, but years back I tried to add an herbal oil in with a water-based lotion. I seem to recall that there was a way to make an oil able to be mixed with a water based solution by adding something like vitamin E. I could be entirely mis-recalling this and don't have time to research it at the moment. However, before I spend time looking into it, could someone tell me if - should it turn out to be safe and even possible at all - would such a process make an oil easier on the atomizer?

8. AppleJack

AppleJack Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2009
    S. Florida
    I tested essential oil in alcohol...mixed well. If we used vodka with vg, wouldn't that make it soluable?

9. Mouser

Mouser Full Member

Just a shiort update on this Teaberry flavoring... It can definitely erase the yuck in a bottle of juice that you don't like much. But, it also seems to dominate that atomizer for a long time... I have not yet noticed any ill effects in the atomoizer from using it, but it has only been a few days since I sent this DIY flavor through it.

The Teaberry flavor seems very dominant on the atomizer that I used it with. After switching cartridges, the flavor is still there, even after two complete cartridge changes. This isn'a a horrible thing, if you actually like the Teaberry flavor. (And yes, it tastes just like the gum from my childhood, do they even make it any more?)

10. Kimm

Kimm Full Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Yes, they still make Teaberry Gum. You can find it at World Market and odd stores like Bed Bath and Beyond once in awhile. They also carry Black Jack, Clove, and Beamans flavors which are great. But you will pay extra for these gums.
    Does anyone know what the main flavor in Beamans gum is? I just can't place it.
    I will now go and order the Teaberry flavor. I almost did order it yesterday but wasn't sure it would taste like the gum. You have made my day.

11. Safira

Safira Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2009
    Plainfield,IL
    OMG I can't believe this but I have the knowledge to answer this questions. (now hopefully I'll make sense)

Lotion is water+oil, think of it as making your own salad dressing. Water and oil won't mix on there own but if you add an emulsifier that will keep everyone playing nicely. (kind of like the mustard in salad dressing)

There is a whole HLB math system a very smart scientist made up for figuring out how much of a certain emulsifier you need. (don't worry I'm not going touch that one) Anyway, when you added the oil to your lotion you changed the ratio so you needed more of a certain emulsifier to get the scales even again.

After all that rambling I don't think emulsification (is that a word?) is the problem. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought both PG & VG are both oil & water soluble. I would think it could play nice with a little bit of oil in the flavoring. It's oil itself that may or may not be an enemy. We are worried that it can kill an atomizer before it's time. But, how do you judge that for sure?

Sorry this got so long, but at one time I wanted to understand the HLB system better for something I was trying to do. For whatever reason this whole thing wouldn't stick in my brain and it took help from my son to finally "get it".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.