Central NY, USA
Last edited:

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Geez, I'd forgotten all about those! Loved 'em! What's your recipe? Gotta mix some up! What % of blackberry did you use? Since you've already come up with good mixes, and from your past posts it seems we like the same flavors, I can avoid pitfalls by shamelessly copying you!! :D

Thanks! BTW, love your avatar!

Thanks Kamanjah... I think my avitar was from a foreign movie poster that I cut apart!

I'm using Kate's recipe (or variations = to hers) for my mixes.. but almost always use the higher amount of flavoring (if it's too strong I just add a little more PG).... but I like my flavors nice and strong! :p :wub:

I've been making my juice with 0 nicotine, so just using extra PG or VG for the commercial liquid. I also decided I like the PG more than VG so this is the variation I use most of the time. The PG is much thinner than the VG, so my version doesn't really need the distilled water.

My recipe:
1 ml flavoring
3 ml PG
1 ml VG

Kate's recipe:
10% distilled water = 0.5ml
10-20% Flavor = 0.5-1ml
20% commercial 36mg = 1ml
30% VG = 1.5ml
30% PG = 1.5ml

Last edited:

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
Good Evening to all you wonderful people! :)
I have been vaping for 2 weeks now and looove it! I have been reading this forum for 3 weeks straight! Wow what a great forum of wonderful information! Thank you to all who have given their experience and support through out. I have been trying to get onto the Lorann website to order flavors and the website is down....is anyone else having this problem? I really want to order some flavors to start mixing my own juice. Thank you all again for the wealth of information I have learned! 26+ yr smoker at 2+ packs a day! Wow! down to about 10 "stinkies" a day! What a difference the e-cig has done for me.

Hi Rootbeer! :D

Happy to hear you're enjoying the vaping... and will be nice to have another mad recipe mixer in the bunch!;)

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Thanks Kamanjah... I think my avitar was from a foreign movie poster that I cut apart!

I'm using Kate's recipe (or variations = to hers) for my mixes.. but almost always use the higher amount of flavoring (if it's too strong I just add a little more PG).... but I like my flavors nice and strong! :p :wub:

I've been making my juice with 0 nicotine, so just using extra PG or VG for the commercial liquid. I also decided I like the PG more than VG so this is the variation I use most of the time. The PG is much thinner than the VG, so my version doesn't really need the distilled water.

My recipe:
1 ml flavoring
3 ml PG
1 ml VG

Kate's recipe:
10% distilled water = 0.5ml
10-20% Flavor = 0.5-1ml
20% commercial 36mg = 1ml
30% VG = 1.5ml
30% PG = 1.5ml

One thing never made sense about Kate's recipes... and now I can't ask her why she did it.

Her recipe only has 30% VG. I see no need in that mix for distilled water in the first place. Can use that extra 10% for flavor, PG, or even VG for more vapor. I've gone as high as 50% VG with no problems to speak of.

Guardston

Mar 6, 2009
Florida
Thanks for the info Mark :D I may get the bug to at least try a small sample of the Tropical Punch just to see what it tastes like :) It does sound really juicy & good... and it might make a really good special 'treat' for just a puff or two anyway... ;)

I made a batch of 0 nic with the tropical punch and I lived to tell about it. It's not a bad flavor. Smells great - I puff around the office and the boss thinks it's air freshner.

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
One thing never made sense about Kate's recipes... and now I can't ask her why she did it.

Her recipe only has 30% VG. I see no need in that mix for distilled water in the first place. Can use that extra 10% for flavor, PG, or even VG for more vapor. I've gone as high as 50% VG with no problems to speak of.

You're right Walrus.. I don't know why either. Before I bought PG I was making Kate's recipe with ALL VG so it then it really did need the water.. it was really thick without it! Maybe she likes a much thinner liquid :confused: Well... I hope that Kate will be back eventually and can answer this herself! :nun:

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
I made a batch of 0 nic with the tropical punch and I lived to tell about it. It's not a bad flavor. Smells great - I puff around the office and the boss thinks it's air freshner.

Oh good... another one still standing after vaping tropical punch! :D I didn't get mine made yet... hoping to do that later today!

bri1270

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
Massachusetts - USA
I just received some Caramel, English Toffee, Pina Colada and Marshmallow. I'm a little concerned because both the English Toffee and the Caramel are brown liquids. I thought the general consensus was to stay away from color. However, I see so many comments and adulation for both flavors. Is there a general feel for whether or not color is bad for atomizers? In the short term I'll use a single relegated atomizer in case it is a bad idea.

parapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Greece
I just received some Caramel, English Toffee, Pina Colada and Marshmallow. I'm a little concerned because both the English Toffee and the Caramel are brown liquids. I thought the general consensus was to stay away from color. However, I see so many comments and adulation for both flavors. Is there a general feel for whether or not color is bad for atomizers? In the short term I'll use a single relegated atomizer in case it is a bad idea.

it doesn't mean it has color in it just because it's brown....
these flavors do not have coloring according to lorann's web site.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
it doesn't mean it has color in it just because it's brown....
these flavors do not have coloring according to lorann's web site.

Parapo makes a good point here. Just as pure vanilla extract does not have any coloring in it, it is a very dark color. So the actual color does not mean that it does in fact have any added food colorings---Sun

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
Except that many of the loranne dark colours do have a 'natural' caramel colouring,
which is very dark.

I could say the natural colour is safer to vape, but actually nobody knows for sure.

Personally I stick with the clear colourless ones, but then again who's
to say the mainly colourless artificial flavours are safer to vape than the
artificial (or natural) colours ?

Menolly

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Austin, TX
I just made up a sample batch of 12mg Horchata flavor- and it is GREAT! Not a terribly strong flavor, but it's very pleasant. Creamy with a hint of cinnamon. And since you can only get the horchata flavor as a minimum of an ounce....that's a lot of liquid I can make! I may be willing to trade some small amounts for other flavors if anybody's interested.

I used 1cc 36mg flavorless, 0.5cc LorAnn Horchata, and 1.5cc PG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread