Loranns Flavoring Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGOGX2222

Nov 7, 2017
Hey everyone, sorry i feel like i post alot of threads but i just want to make sure i get a direct answer to my questions.

I have purchased a 3.7 ml / .125 fl oz bottle of Loranns Banana Creme flavoring (I am also aware this product contains food coloring) i have read a bit about this flavoring and used the recommended 15% - 20% in a few diffrent calculators and they all say that i need to use roughly 4 - 5 ml of flavoring for my mix. Has anyone used this before that knows if i really need that much? I feel like if i use the whole 3.7 ml like the calculators said it will become too strong.

Thanks!

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can use whatever percentage you would like, I flavor much lower when I DIY, often 4-5% TOTAL of all my flavors. I've found commercial juice too strong now that my tastebuds have returned. Honestly, start with less, you can always add a little more if you need to, and you may or may not, but a tiny bit extra of flavor isn't going to affect your vape or nicotine level much.

Anna

Reactions: Bayou14

TGOGX2222

Nov 7, 2017
You can use whatever percentage you would like, I flavor much lower when I DIY, often 4-5% TOTAL of all my flavors. I've found commercial juice too strong now that my tastebuds have returned. Honestly, start with less, you can always add a little more if you need to, and you may or may not, but a tiny bit extra of flavor isn't going to affect your vape or nicotine level much.

Anna
Thank you anna i will remember that!

Reactions: stols001

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
This is what I found on a common e-liquid recipe site (ELR):
upload_2017-11-17_2-38-8.png

and this from another site (ATF):
upload_2017-11-17_2-35-51.png

So mixing at 15% seems really extreme to me. If I were going to try, and it was a new flavor for me, I would be more inclined to start in the 4-6% range for a single flavor mix. As Anna already mentioned you can always add more later if you find it too weak. And with any experiment; start small! I will only mix 10-15mL maximum until I have a chance to see what it is going to be like. Then I can make larger volumes; once I understand what my own personal preference is.
i have read a bit about this flavoring and used the recommended 15% - 20%
I would double-check what you are reading, if they are recommending "15-20%"; that sounds like a food/beverage use recommendation, and not as used in e-liquid. Remember; the flavor concentrates are primarily made for, and used by, those in the food and beverage sector. E-liquid production is a distant secondary use. (Some manufacturers, such as LorAnn, do not even acknowledge e-liquid use in their own documentation/websites <though they will happily take our money;)>.) I would suggest that you always reference sites, sources, and vendors that cater specifically to e-liquid use/users, for the most helpful/worthwhile recommendations.:D

TGOGX2222

Nov 7, 2017
This is what I found on a common e-liquid recipe site (ELR):
View attachment 700805
and this from another site (ATF):
View attachment 700803

So mixing at 15% seems really extreme to me. If I were going to try, and it was a new flavor for me, I would be more inclined to start in the 4-6% range for a single flavor mix. As Anna already mentioned you can always add more later if you find it too weak. And with any experiment; start small! I will only mix 10-15mL maximum until I have a chance to see what it is going to be like. Then I can make larger volumes; once I understand what my own personal preference is.

I would double-check what you are reading, if they are recommending "15-20%"; that sounds like a food/beverage use recommendation, and not as used in e-liquid. Remember; the flavor concentrates are primarily made for, and used by, those in the food and beverage sector. E-liquid production is a distant secondary use. (Some manufacturers, such as LorAnn, do not even acknowledge e-liquid use in their own documentation/websites <though they will happily take our money;)>.) I would suggest that you always reference sites, sources, and vendors that cater specifically to e-liquid use/users, for the most helpful/worthwhile recommendations.:D
Thanks Joel! I think the place that i found the 15-20% thing was me misreading the information if i hadn't asked this question i might have dumped the whole bottle of flavoring into my mix :yawn: which probably would have been a huge waste and thanks to all the very very helpful replies i avoided that.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread