Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Doesn't appeal to my wants, needs, and desires
However, its a smart cold calculated business plan

I'm with kristin, I don't think that would be a good business plan at this time. The market for e-cigs isn't there yet to try to stomp out all competition.
The trust for e-cigs (let alone tobacco companies owning them) isn't there yet.

When Phillip Morris (allegedly) gave in on the $1 SCHIPs tax as long as RYO got a 2000% increase that was taking out competition that was in direct competition that had an infair advantage as far as the price driven by regulation and lawsuits is concerned.

"Big tobacco" may be competitive amongst themselves but they're not stupid about it. They know if they stomped out all their competition or allowed the government to do it they wouldn't be able to stand alone.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Now that BT has entered the fray in a big way I expect that BP is next. Sometime in the next 120 days a pharma company will announce the initiation of clinical trials with a vaporizing NRT with the capability of measuring and monitoring nicotine content on a "per puff" basis.

I highly doubt that unless they are more foolish than I thought. The smoking community has been duped into buying their snake oil for decades. Even as a best case, speed it down the FDA bureaucratic highway and you're talking 5 years minimum to get approval, plus the millions spent to get the there.

Now you have to market a highly expensive, perhaps OTC product against established brands to customers that have already grown tired of their ineffective previous attempts.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Yeah, I don't see Big Pharma trying to get into the game, especially now that Big Tobacco is.
If anything, this will just increase the pressure that Big Pharma is trying to apply in order to get rid of electronic cigarettes.
Big Tobacco versus Big Pharma
The never ending war against e-cigarettes continues
:p

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
Like I posted earlier in the thread, watch BP through various foundations and nonprofits spend a good bit of cash to demonize E-cigs just like they have done to cigarettes. If to many smokers change to E-gigs it will hurt them in 2 ways, loss of income from ineffective NRTs and loss of sales to smokers and their smoking related problems.

:facepalm::evil::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::glare:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Like I posted earlier in the thread, watch BP through various foundations and nonprofits spend a good bit of cash to demonize E-cigs just like they have done to cigarettes. If to many smokers change to E-gigs it will hurt them in 2 ways, loss of income from ineffective NRTs and loss of sales to smokers and their smoking related problems.
Well, we already know they are doing that, so do you think this will force them to up the ante?
I was starting to develop the impression that they were just starting to run a bit scared even before this new development.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I am not sure how I feel about this buy out. I see how it could be a positive, but I have this dull ache in the pit of my stomach, meaning I doubt it will turn out to actually be a good thing.

My question to u guys is,

Are any of u planning on buying any pv hardware or liquids from a company that has previously tried to knowingly kill us?????

How on earth could we ever trust that they would sell us the best that is available? It's sad really because with their amount of mighty dollar they have we could finally have the very best nic, pg, vg, and flavoring available. We could have quality control for hardware, and safer batteries and mods. That is the way it SHOULD be, but I doubt that's the way it WILL be, and that makes me suspicious and a lil sad.

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
Canton, GA
Um... they've already been doing that for years... it hasn't helped.

I realize they have been doing this for a long time, but I would bet on them stepping it up by increasing their donations to the suspect groups and pushing it even harder. BP has a lot to lose in this battle and won't give up easily.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I am not sure how I feel about this buy out. I see how it could be a positive, but I have this dull ache in the pit of my stomach, meaning I doubt it will turn out to actually be a good thing.

My question to u guys is,

Are any of u planning on buying any pv hardware or liquids from a company that has previously tried to knowingly kill us?????

How on earth could we ever trust that they would sell us the best that is available? It's sad really because with their amount of mighty dollar they have we could finally have the very best nic, pg, vg, and flavoring available. We could have quality control for hardware, and safer batteries and mods. That is the way it SHOULD be, but I doubt that's the way it WILL be, and that makes me suspicious and a lil sad.

The antis are who are presently trying to kill us so why believe the propaganda they've put out about BT? The antis happily rush suicide pills through being allowed. They lie and tell us e-cigs are anti-freeze. They tell us to avoid the e-cigs and take the suicide pills. They tells us cigarettes have too many chemicals then pass a law to add another chemical with FSC. They tell us e-cigs look like smoking therefore we have to go outside and inhale the second hand smoke they tell us is deadly. They tell us the flavors that keep us off cigarettes are for kids and try to get them banned so we go back to tobacco.

If it's not everyone, the majority of people who've smoked today knew it wasn't good for them before they started. Even those who heard that it was good for them should've known better, it's inhaling smoke. How can you blame BT for something you did to yourself?

If there is actually anyone on our side it's going to be tobacco. They are the ones who will put up the money to provide the testing to silence the antis. For them to do that will require some profit.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I realize they have been doing this for a long time, but I would bet on them stepping it up by increasing their donations to the suspect groups and pushing it even harder. BP has a lot to lose in this battle and won't give up easily.
That was a potential outcome I suggested at in my previous post.
The problem for them is that they are on the wrong side of the truth, and their lies and propaganda can only take them so far.

The fact that we have had such an incredible success rate in fighting them speaks volumes.
But I do have to agree that this is only one possible way of looking at it.

The fact is, for every positive that comes of this new development, there is a possible equalizing negative.
And for every negative these is a possible equalizing positive.

We will have to see how Lorillard approaches this before we will even have a clue which direction this might go.

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
Don't know about you guys
But the next time I hear about some BOH wanting
to ban e-cigarettes ... I'm going to send Lorillard an e-mail
telling them to step up to the plate and do something about it.
:laugh:

IMO, the tobacco companies basically left smokers twisting in the winds. They caved to the ANTZ BS and passed the costs to us. They have a bad reputation, but they brought a lot of it on themselves, and I blame the ANTZ as much, if not more.

Lorillard is in the best position to fight for e-cigarettes and vapers. They have the expertise and funds to do the research everyone has been wanting. They have THE best tobacco researchers (the ANTZ are just a joke).

If the small vendors want to stay in business (rather than try to sell out to BT), this seems like it would be a good time to ban together and form a trade association.

The antis are who are presently trying to kill us so why believe the propaganda they've put out about BT? The antis happily rush suicide pills through being allowed. They lie and tell us e-cigs are anti-freeze. They tell us to avoid the e-cigs and take the suicide pills. They tells us cigarettes have too many chemicals then pass a law to add another chemical with FSC. They tell us e-cigs look like smoking therefore we have to go outside and inhale the second hand smoke they tell us is deadly. They tell us the flavors that keep us off cigarettes are for kids and try to get them banned so we go back to tobacco.

If it's not everyone, the majority of people who've smoked today knew it wasn't good for them before they started. Even those who heard that it was good for them should've known better, it's inhaling smoke. How can you blame BT for something you did to yourself?

If there is actually anyone on our side it's going to be tobacco. They are the ones who will put up the money to provide the testing to silence the antis. For them to do that will require some profit.

Just quoted for truth!

NaturesEncore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2012
Chicago
momsfortress.com
So, there has to be an alterior motive, here. I mean, from everything I've read and all the reviews I've watched, Blu tends to be one of the most disappointing ecigs out there. I bet they put a lot of funds into marketing it to Joe Public, who quickly determines that ecigs are a joke, being that this would be the most advertised/known product, and returns to smoking analogs.

Why else would they buy out such a disappointing product?

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX
It's easier to trust the one devil we know BT to be, than the multiple symbiotic devils of BP, the ANTZ, and the FDA. I think those 3 groups together are guilty of far worse than BT ever was.

That's not even counting the government entities that tax in the name of reducing smoking, only to use the revenue generated for things that have nothing to do with smoking.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So, there has to be an alterior motive, here. I mean, from everything I've read and all the reviews I've watched, Blu tends to be one of the most disappointing ecigs out there. I bet they put a lot of funds into marketing it to Joe Public, who quickly determines that ecigs are a joke, being that this would be the most advertised/known product, and returns to smoking analogs.
Here on this forum, we know that Blu is not a product that is not likely to get heavy smokers off cigarettes.
But for those that never make it here, it can still be a positive and/or inspiring experience.

Sure, many may be chased off by Blu, but how many keep working with their product until it works?
Or until they find something better.

If we had numbers we might know better.

But with lack of such numbers, it appears from the Blu sales numbers that they are doing SOMETHING right.
Even if that something is not a very large success rate at getting smokers to make the complete switch.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It's easier to trust the one devil we know BT to be, than the multiple symbiotic devils of BP, the ANTZ, and the FDA. I think those 3 groups together are guilty of far worse than BT ever was.

That's not even counting the government entities that tax in the name of reducing smoking, only to use the revenue generated for things that have nothing to do with smoking.
Liked, and then quoted for extra emphasis due to truthiness.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

Perhaps because Blu already has a large presence in convenience stores and large gas-station chains. They don't have to hire a whole new sales force. These products already are being sold where tobacco products are being sold.

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX

There are far worse highly-marketed models out there. I've actually read a fair number of posts here from those that like Blu Cig. They seem to have reduced pricing to be more in line with what we'd expect. If they increase performance to be on par with Volt, Bloog, and other "mini" brands, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread