Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
The 75C, you need the International version before you can enable replay. It isn't in the US version of the firmware. FDA thing. Of course with the International version, you need a theme that supports it too.

Thanks! Yeah as I mentioned I have the international version. I’m told I need the modified DJLs Theme or any other one that supports Replay. The original DJLs doesn’t which is what I came shipped with.

I’ll get around to it one of these days. Maybe lol!

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
I’ll get around to it one of these days. Maybe lol!

Know what you mean.. I finally ended up getting a few really long (3m IIRC) micro usb cables from fasttech. So now I got 2 that will be permanently attached to a USB2 hub, to service my fleet of dna and other devices.

BUT - now that I finally did get those cables to be permanently hanging around right where I'm sitting, and therefore EASY TO REACH at all times... I'm finding that now that I got so many damn DNA C devices, when it comes time to getting around to further personalizing one of the themes (personalized offshoot of Mr. Theo Bottomfeeder Black - Easy Colors - V2.1.3) - I'm not seeming to get around to that part of it now. :rolleyes:
There's been a few extra changes I've been meaning to make for a few months now - but now it's a matter having to go and update EVERY one at once, or else I'll forget which ones have the new changes. So before doing that, I want to make sure it's as close as possible to where I want it.

Yep. I'll get around to all that one of these days. :confused:

Reactions: stols001

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I'd recommend trying out Replay soon. It has changed my vaping for the better and is not the gimmick I expected.

I'm using a Zeus X RTA and the thing about this (and other RTAs I've tried) is that the vape changes from a full tank of juice to the bottom of the tank of juice. With either wattage or TC modes the vape starts out perfect with a full tank and degrades to a more wispy less satisfying vape when the tank nears empty. This change is rather linear as the tank empties. With both wattage and TC I would need to adjust power/pre-heat to compensate as I vaped through a tank. With Replay I set it with a full tank and it changes whatever it needs to and now the quality of vape that I set at full tank stays the same regardless of tank juice level. I've only used this with SS316L coils, which is probably the best results, but I've read reports it will help with A1 also. I can't comment on the A1 though since I only use SS coils.

I don't like having to fiddle with settings as I vape, so this is a huge pro (and new way to vape) for me. What I thought was going to be a gimmick turned out to be the most valuable feature of the DNA 75C.

Worth the couple of minutes it takes to try it out and see if it appeals to you.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Know what you mean.. I finally ended up getting a few really long (3m IIRC) micro usb cables from Fasttech. So now I got 2 that will be permanently attached to a USB2 hub, to service my fleet of DNA and other devices.

BUT - now that I finally did get those cables to be permanently hanging around right where I'm sitting, and therefore EASY TO REACH at all times... I'm finding that now that I got so many damn DNA C devices, when it comes time to getting around to further personalizing one of the themes (personalized offshoot of Mr. Theo Bottomfeeder Black - Easy Colors - V2.1.3) - I'm not seeming to get around to that part of it now. :rolleyes:
There's been a few extra changes I've been meaning to make for a few months now - but now it's a matter having to go and update EVERY one at once, or else I'll forget which ones have the new changes. So before doing that, I want to make sure it's as close as possible to where I want it.

Lol! I too have a hub w the permanently attached data cable but after updating my 1st 3 DNA devices to upload Replay on them I’ve gotten too lazy to update the next 5 lol!

I actually like the Themes they come with. I played around with different themes when I first got a DNA device but they all seem cluttered and/or hard for me to read the info. I’ll probably stick with the themes that came on the Mirages (I had to buy e just because lol!) but get the modified version. At least I’m told the DJLs theme that comes on it has a modified version to include Replay. I think the Thors just have the plain old Evolv theme on them.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I'd recommend trying out Replay soon. It has changed my vaping for the better and is not the gimmick I expected.

I'm using a Zeus X RTA and the thing about this (and other RTAs I've tried) is that the vape changes from a full tank of juice to the bottom of the tank of juice. With either wattage or TC modes the vape starts out perfect with a full tank and degrades to a more wispy less satisfying vape when the tank nears empty. This change is rather linear as the tank empties. With both wattage and TC I would need to adjust power/pre-heat to compensate as I vaped through a tank. With Replay I set it with a full tank and it changes whatever it needs to and now the quality of vape that I set at full tank stays the same regardless of tank juice level. I've only used this with SS316L coils, which is probably the best results, but I've read reports it will help with A1 also. I can't comment on the A1 though since I only use SS coils.

I don't like having to fiddle with settings as I vape, so this is a huge pro (and new way to vape) for me. What I thought was going to be a gimmick turned out to be the most valuable feature of the DNA 75C.

Worth the couple of minutes it takes to try it out and see if it appeals to you.

I’ve had Replay on a couple of Therion since it 1st came out. I still prefer to use the tc though. You have to dial in the perfect vape using either mode so it’s a wash to me.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
What themes are you guys using that just recently bought a Mirage like I did?

Are you using what came with it? Did it come with Replay?

I can’t find any themes I like that include Replay. I don’t know why DJLs had to change up his theme so much because I really like the original not modified theme.

Reactions: stols001

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA

I can’t find any themes I like that include Replay. I don’t know why DJLs had to change up his theme so much because I really like the original not modified theme.

That Bottomfeeder-EasyColors one is pretty decent to read - albeit I still made many changes to make it easier (like status-lines to white, for instance) But it's one of those everything-but-the-kitchen-sink types, which I like - at least for the time being. I think I might have read somewhere that it actually does include everything possible! :D

As a matter of fact, readability is precisely why I chose it (plus features). Not the text size really, but the black background. I was ONLY considering themes with [near-]black[-ish] backgrounds. (I do the same with my browsers - having several extensions to make it light-text on black.) IMO, that's MUCH easier to read for aging eyes. I can even read the smallest text pretty darn well without my glasses - but that may also be partially due to all the changes I made, since I also have to account for a red-green color deficiency.

You might want to even play around with the theme designer yourself. Of course this goes for everyone else, as well. Once you find a base theme closest to what you might like, you can slowly build off of it - or simply make a change or two if that's all you want. It's really not that hard. Just play around in there to get the feel of how it does it's business. Maybe make a change or two at a time till you get comfortable with how it works. AND DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP, BACKUP, AND BACKUP! I'm making dated backups of both the entire device by it's Model and Serial # (those also include it's current theme), as well as the theme itself separately in order to propagate to both 75C & 250C. I found out the profile stuff won't exchange between 75C<->250C (which really sucks!) - and I don't want to do the one profile at a time crap.

Yeah, it might take a few moments to figure out at first. But afterwards, you'll have a device that is thoroughly tailored to you alone. And you'll have it for every single DNA-C device you'll ever have! (If you want make things easiest.)
Although I will say; considering all the work I put into mine so far, I'm REAAAAALLLLLYYYY hoping that any newer versions, hopefully with a bigger screen, will at least be forward compatible. :eek::mad:
Plus, who knows, you might even find others that like your offshoot - and will able to upload it to Evolv... Become the next DJ. :thumb:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State

There are plenty of replay themes. You see what each one has, the comments, and improvements. Just keep trying them out. There's no way to suggest a theme.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
That Bottomfeeder-EasyColors one is pretty decent to read - albeit I still made many changes to make it easier (like status-lines to white, for instance) But it's one of those everything-but-the-kitchen-sink types, which I like - at least for the time being. I think I might have read somewhere that it actually does include everything possible! :D

As a matter of fact, readability is precisely why I chose it (plus features). Not the text size really, but the black background. I was ONLY considering themes with [near-]black[-ish] backgrounds. (I do the same with my browsers - having several extensions to make it light-text on black.) IMO, that's MUCH easier to read for aging eyes. I can even read the smallest text pretty darn well without my glasses - but that may also be partially due to all the changes I made, since I also have to account for a red-green color deficiency.

You might want to even play around with the theme designer yourself. Of course this goes for everyone else, as well. Once you find a base theme closest to what you might like, you can slowly build off of it - or simply make a change or two if that's all you want. It's really not that hard. Just play around in there to get the feel of how it does it's business. Maybe make a change or two at a time till you get comfortable with how it works. AND DON'T FORGET TO BACKUP, BACKUP, AND BACKUP! I'm making dated backups of both the entire device by it's Model and Serial # (those also include it's current theme), as well as the theme itself separately in order to propagate to both 75C & 250C. I found out the profile stuff won't exchange between 75C<->250C (which really sucks!) - and I don't want to do the one profile at a time crap.

Yeah, it might take a few moments to figure out at first. But afterwards, you'll have a device that is thoroughly tailored to you alone. And you'll have it for every single DNA-C device you'll ever have! (If you want make things easiest.)
Although I will say; considering all the work I put into mine so far, I'm REAAAAALLLLLYYYY hoping that any newer versions, hopefully with a bigger screen, will at least be forward compatible. :eek::mad:
Plus, who knows, you might even find others that like your offshoot - and will able to upload it to Evolv... Become the next DJ. :thumb:

Thanks this was really helpful. I’ve never played with the Theme designer. I didn’t even realize that I could change someone else’s design.

This sounds kind of fun now. Thanks!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Know what you mean.. I finally ended up getting a few really long (3m IIRC) micro usb cables from Fasttech. So now I got 2 that will be permanently attached to a USB2 hub, to service my fleet of DNA and other devices.

Have you used the Theme designer before? I’m wondering if I download a them like DJLs modified Replay one if I can change the font colors.

I’ve never even opened it up so I have no idea how difficult it would be. Honestly I just want the theme that came on but with Replay enabled.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston

Thanks for this encouragement. I figured I wouldn’t be able to figure it out so I’ve never even opened up the Theme designer.

I’m really just want to tweak a theme that I already like. Can this be done or is it “locked” as is?

You’re post makes me want to get my laptop out and fiddle lol!!

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
I’m really just want to tweak a theme that I already like. Can this be done or is it “locked” as is?

As far as I know, themes can't be locked. So you should just be able to make a change or two. So you should just be able to add the Replay part to any theme you pick. I think all it is, is an instruction that adds it - which is either added or not, to any theme... IOW, I don't think there is such a thing as a 'USA-theme' and an 'International-theme'.

ETA - Oh yeah, I forgot to add that font colors can be changed.

Last edited:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
@stols001 did your Mirage come with Replay on it? Or haven’t you had time to play with it?

Any one else who has one?
My Mirage did not come with replay as part of the theme. I don't think Lost Vape has updated the DJLsb theme to include this.

I use the Mirage Blue Replay theme which does have all the features, including replay. It also has the Mirage logo on the lock screen which I like. The only downside for some is the text is a little on the small side to fit all the goodies on the screen. Not a problem for me, but I see where if someone had poor eyesight it could be. But this seems to be the case for all the themes that had all the goodies that I looked at. There are only so many pages that can be loaded into the limited amount of memory that is available for themes. So either cut some features out to make room for larger text, or make the text a bit smaller to fit all the features in I guess.

It's so effortless to download themes and load them, just download a bunch off the escribe forum site and then load a few up to see what they look like and what features they have. You can get a pretty good idea just by looking at the screenshots on the DL page to pick ones that interest you, but until you load them on your Mirage you won't really know for sure if it's a good fit for you.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
My Mirage did not come with replay as part of the theme. I don't think Lost Vape has updated the DJLsb theme to include this.

I use the Mirage Blue Replay theme which does have all the features, including replay. It also has the Mirage logo on the lock screen which I like. The only downside for some is the text is a little on the small side to fit all the goodies on the screen. Not a problem for me, but I see where if someone had poor eyesight it could be. But this seems to be the case for all the themes that had all the goodies that I looked at. There are only so many pages that can be loaded into the limited amount of memory that is available for themes. So either cut some features out to make room for larger text, or make the text a bit smaller to fit all the features in I guess.

It's so effortless to download themes and load them, just download a bunch off the escribe forum site and then load a few up to see what they look like and what features they have. You can get a pretty good idea just by looking at the screenshots on the DL page to pick ones that interest you, but until you load them on your Mirage you won't really know for sure if it's a good fit for you.

This is exactly what I wanted to know about the theme on the Mirage.

I’ve downloaded themes before for my Therions and Paranormal. I just didn’t know you could change the format of a theme.

Thanks for the reply.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
My Mirage came with Replay but I used escribe to make it available on another profile. My 75C paranormal didn't come with Replay and with the help from a escribe member he directed me to the page where I could download the international version which has Replay. The moderators on escribe are great.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
My Mirage came with Replay but I used escribe to make it available on another profile. My 75C paranormal didn't come with Replay and with the help from a escribe member he directed me to the page where I could download the international version which has Replay. The moderators on escribe are great.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 6T

I’ve had the same experience on the Evolv forum.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I ended up just downloading DJLs modified theme for now. The small text is hard to read but with my glasses on it works.

At some point I want to try my hand on making my own theme. There are several video tutorials floating around so I’ll check those out 1st.

Thanks for everyone’s feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread