Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Wouldn't it have been easier for them to do an inventory check and verify if they have one more Mirage than they should have if they didn't shipped mine? That would have taken a couple minutes tops and provided excellent customer service.
Well they currently have zero in stock. So yours isn't sitting in stock anyway. :(

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Well they currently have zero in stock. So yours isn't sitting in stock anyway. :(

Or they found the last one and it's on the way!

Right... they never had it to begin with and figured they'd send everything else and then say sorry, we have no more Mirage for you. How about store credit? I've seen that game from vendors in China, which is why I just don't buy from China. I'm fine with Chinese products and love many of them, but will pay a few bucks more to get it from a US vendor.

But since they caused so much of my time spent addressing a simple goof up, they will get the entire order back. Why not, nothings been opened yet (and won't be until this is resolved) I already did the work for a full refund and I can get everything else at other places with better customer service and I trust.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
Thanks for letting us know your findings, JA... About that business.

I had to make sure my unopened Mirages from them were all actually there. Fortunately they were. I haven't tried each yet, but at least if the body is there, I could always get more DNA boards, if need be.

Ironically, I get better service (& completely reimbursed returns) through Fasttech, which is part of why I'll only order from there if I have a choice.

Hoggy

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
WI, USA
Sadly, there are many more neglected mods out there that don't get fresh batteries and a warm dresser to sleep on. I won't mention any names, but we have a person on the forum that dismembers his mods he doesn't use anymore. I can't imagine looking in a box at a bunch of 510's looking back at me.

This stuff needs to stop, fo realz.

Who, me? :nun:

But that's just for non DNA 75C/250C, so can you blame me? :p

But nah, I don't dismember them. I just refuse them any more food, water, and warm bedding.

Reactions: Pinggolfer

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Well this is frustrating. Just received my Element Vape order and everything was in the package except the Mirage. But the Mirage was listed on the invoice as included. To make matters worse, they have no phone contact #... just email.

So emailed them and they want a picture of the included shipping invoice (which they should already have since they created it), an affidavit filled out hand signed and take a picture to send, and get this... a picture of everything received in the package. Seriously... a picture that shows the Mirage is missing? That's just ridiculous.

So I'll see what happens, but after some research this doesn't seem to be uncommon with them and there are more than a few complaints with missing/wrong items since the beginning of the year. Not confidence inspiring. I'm kind of expecting for them to say "Sorry, but we are out of stock for that item but will give store credit" as I have read other customer complaints and that was the response they got.

We'll see how this plays out, but I think I'll avoid them in the future. I do understand mistakes, but the process they have for remediation is onerous for the customer and to have no phone# is a serious customer relation mistake. It would have been so easy to just call them and tell them there was a mistake and they could look into it and give me a call back.

But not a big deal really, I can get my bank to reverse charges easily enough if it comes to that.

Wow! I’ve never had that happen! How do you prove something isn’t there? I’ve bought lots of stuff from them with no problems but I’ve been reading about them a lot lately unfortunately. I wonder what’s going on with them.

Hope this gets settled.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I received an email from them yesterday morning saying they would send out the mod right away and sorry for the inconvenience. So great!

Received another email from them yesterday evening saying they must have sold the remaining stock while they were doing their "investigation" of my missing item. But at least they admitted it wasn't shipped. It must have been the picture I sent with all items except the Mirage right? LOL.

I emailed back saying I needed an RMA for all the items in the order since I had no need for the other items since the main item was the Mirage and the rest were just filler items and I no longer had a need for them and wanted a full refund and for them to send me a prepaid return label. All items I received have not been touched or opened. Everything is sealed in their packaging, which I told them.

Received an email this afternoon saying I had to pay the return shipping since the items sent weren't damaged or defective. But they did send an RMA form, with the caveat that if there was any problem with any item they would deny my RMA claim and refund.

I guess I'll see how that goes because I will send everything back and pay the shipping... with signature required. More expensive with the signature fee, but only prudent at this point.

Oh well, just another adventure with a sketchy dealer I guess. I'll update this as necessary. Hopefully it will be uneventful from this point. Just have to wait and see.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I received an email from them yesterday morning saying they would send out the mod right away and sorry for the inconvenience. So great!

Received another email from them yesterday evening saying they must have sold the remaining stock while they were doing their "investigation" of my missing item. But at least they admitted it wasn't shipped. It must have been the picture I sent with all items except the Mirage right? LOL.

I emailed back saying I needed an RMA for all the items in the order since I had no need for the other items since the main item was the Mirage and the rest were just filler items and I no longer had a need for them and wanted a full refund and for them to send me a prepaid return label. All items I received have not been touched or opened. Everything is sealed in their packaging, which I told them.

Received an email this afternoon saying I had to pay the return shipping since the items sent weren't damaged or defective. But they did send an RMA form, with the caveat that if there was any problem with any item they would deny my RMA claim and refund.

I guess I'll see how that goes because I will send everything back and pay the shipping... with signature required. More expensive with the signature fee, but only prudent at this point.

Oh well, just another adventure with a sketchy dealer I guess. I'll update this as necessary. Hopefully it will be uneventful from this point. Just have to wait and see.

I admire your anger management skills.

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Hope you find another dealer with the Mirage in stock.

On Reddit, someone said...
"Company is owned by a pair of brothers, and is splitting. In the interim the site isn't being maintained."
Lost Vape Official Website Down? : electronic_cigarette

Don't know if it is true. I liked their products so I hope they continue making them.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
To be serious for a moment, I broke my own rules to not deal with a shop that doesn't have a telephone number. It is a bit frustrating to take days to resolve a simple issue that could be resolved with a 5 minute phone call. So that's really on me, I know better... but they were the only ones showing the Mirage in stock (even though I'm now convinced they really didn't have it in stock at all), but I really did want the Mirage. It had the features I wanted with the DNA 75C, 21700 single battery, small(ish) mod, and sexy AF.

Oh well, lesson learned... again, and a minor irritation in the larger scheme of things.

I just don't see any other good alternatives right now on the market, and I can't find another Mirage for sale, so I guess I'll just design another mod and buy a DNA 75C chip to put into it and build my own. I've done more than a few in the past to get the mod I want so back into Fusion360 to start a new project.

I'll let you all know when I finally get my refund, I expect it will be a protracted process. They might need me to send a picture of my wallet so they know where the refund is going to go ;) , or some other ridiculous request.

GreySG

Dec 27, 2013
AL, USA
If you are still looking for a Mirage you may want to try iVapeSupply. I ordered a Skar and a Mirage this afternoon and they have already shipped. They don't have many left, ~8 Skars and ~14 Mirages with Red and Green being the only available colors. Hopefully my order comes in fine. The inventory updated with my purchase and there is a phone number to call ;-) I've never ordered from these folks but it was about 45 minutes between the order and receiving a tracking number. If this is typical service I'll be spending more money there.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dang it they had green agate my preferred color... Oh well, the price was good, it can replace my punk tesla tube. Of course, that was less expensive by about half, but I think I love the Mirage about 50 times more than I loved my tube mod so well.... LOL.

Now, if I don't leave (after that early morning ordering, stressful!) Well, I better get going.

Maybe I should also unwatch this thread, there is a distinct possibility.

Anna

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
If you are still looking for a Mirage you may want to try iVapeSupply. I ordered a Skar and a Mirage this afternoon and they have already shipped. They don't have many left, ~8 Skars and ~14 Mirages with Red and Green being the only available colors. Hopefully my order comes in fine. The inventory updated with my purchase and there is a phone number to call ;-) I've never ordered from these folks but it was about 45 minutes between the order and receiving a tracking number. If this is typical service I'll be spending more money there.

Did the Mirage actually get shipped? The first tracking number message is just an auto generated message that a tracking number has been assigned to that order. The second and most important message is from USPS that they have received the package to be shipped and the package is at their facility. You have to track the package to see this since USPS doesn't send you updates unless you sign up for tracking updates on the USPS website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread