Lost Vape Orion

Status
Not open for further replies.

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
So the Orion is not good for MTL? I think about getting one, but I just vape MTL and NET Liquids, do you think, the Orion is fitting for me?

How tight do you like your draw. Even on the tightest setting the Orion isn’t as tight as a Vandy Vape berserker or a kayfun.

My kayfun v3 mini wide open is about the same as the Orion with the airflow almost completely closed.

Reactions: stols001

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
If they made the decision to enter the POD world, they will have to continue producing pods, which makes sense since its easy money, they will sell more pod 2-packs than they will their entire line of mods

Maybe. They just updated their website. What’s a therion. Poof. They never existed.

moodsmaster

Aug 1, 2018
Kayfun v3 Mini wide openOpen is my type of draw. But do you think it's a DL system? I don't think, that there are many systems, that work good for both. Dtl/MTL
0.5 seems a little low for MTL. At the moment I'm using the Aspire Spryte, but the battery is a little to weak for me.
So I thought, maybe this would be the pod systems to use on the go. I've tried some(infinix,vladdin), but I sold the all, because they all had to many flaws for me.
So far the spryte is very good, but the battery...

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
Kayfun v3 Mini wide openOpen is my type of draw. But do you think it's a DL system? I don't think, that there are many systems, that work good for both. Dtl/MTL
0.5 seems a little low for MTL. At the moment I'm using the Aspire Spryte, but the battery is a little to weak for me.
So I thought, maybe this would be the pod systems to use on the go. I've tried some(infinix,vladdin), but I sold the all, because they all had to many flaws for me.
So far the spryte is very good, but the battery...

I like the Orion a lot. The kayfun fully open is too restricted for me. The Orion is almost perfect. But there isn’t a true mouth to lung mode on this device. You can mtl on it but it will be too airy if you like a tight draw.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
MTL means more than closing down the AFC and higher resistance. Calling the 0.5 pod MTL without changing the internal design, is pure marketing.

You can MTL with a 0.1 coil in the right atomiser. The resistance is irrelevant. The airflow design and the size of the chamber is all that matters.

Having said that, pod systems are so small that I believe with adjustable airflow you can get most of them down to a decent MTL. Getting good flavour out of it though is another issue.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
MTL means more than closing down the AFC and higher resistance. Calling the 0.5 pod MTL without changing the internal design, is pure marketing.

Amen to that!
Means to who? Marketing, engineers, vapers, or what? As I prefer an airy MTL and a tight DTL vaping. Which means I can do both under TC without changing airflow, any mod settings or anything. I have 10 mods all loaded and ready to go on my desk right now. And I can pick any of them up and just fire and vape either MTL or DTL immediately.

And high ohm and subohm and attaching which one is best for DTL or MTL seems just wrong to me. For starters, normally high ohm can't do TC. And really low subohm doesn't work well without TC. Sure SS coils plays in both camps pretty well. So going by your saying, high ohm is for MTL and not for TC and subohm is for DTL and only for TC. And that isn't right to me.

Remember that Ni200 26/32 Clapton coil I posted a few days back that is nearly 3 months old? It actually ohms 0.102Ω. By using your standards, that is totally a DTL coil. But that isn't what I mainly use it for, as I mainly vape it MTL and it works fabulously. And the coil and wicking seems to last forever. So what is there not to like? :)

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
So the Orion is not good for MTL? I think about getting one, but I just vape MTL and NET Liquids, do you think, the Orion is fitting for me?
I don't know why some are saying you can't close off the airflow tight enough for a tight MTL. Just turn the ring until the slot faces the fill cap and that is air tight. You can't even draw anything it is so tight. And you can adjust it 90° from there and have it wide open. Want something in between, then something less than 90°. I see no problem whatsoever.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I like the Orion a lot. The kayfun fully open is too restricted for me. The Orion is almost perfect. But there isn’t a true mouth to lung mode on this device. You can mtl on it but it will be too airy if you like a tight draw.
Turn the airflow ring to face the fill cap. Air is totally closed off. Turn the airflow ring 90° from the fill cap and that is wide open. Want something in between? Something less than 90° then. I don't see a problem.

Every brand new pod that I have taken out of the package (7 of them now) has been set to wide open. And all of them setting one slot facing the fill cap has been totally closed off airflow. The airflow ring will spin 360° and there is no stop. And there is the same slot on the opposite side and it doesn't matter which slot faces the fill port or what slot faces 180° away from the fill cap, it is exactly the same.

diagrammatiks

ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2018
Turn the airflow ring to face the fill cap. Air is totally closed off. Turn the airflow ring 90° from the fill cap and that is wide open. Want something in between? Something less than 90° then. I don't see a problem.

Every brand new pod that I have taken out of the package (7 of them now) has been set to wide open. And all of them setting one slot facing the fill cap has been totally closed off airflow. The airflow ring will spin 360° and there is no stop. And there is the same slot on the opposite side and it doesn't matter which slot faces the fill port or what slot faces 180° away from the fill cap, it is exactly the same.

sure if I get my tweezers out and twist it under a microscope I can get it as tight as a berserker

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
sure if I get my tweezers out and twist it under a microscope I can get it as tight as a berserker
I just use my fingernail in one slot and spin it around. But anything that is like a slot screwdriver (guitar pick, toothpick, bent paperclip, etc) should be fine too. I can sometimes get my big fingers to spin the ring too. Most my fingers can turn it clockwise, but not counter-clockwise. But you can get there by turning just one way too. :)

Last edited:

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
VaporDNA had the Silver Ocean Scallop Orion back in stock this morning. Order placed! So much for waiting for Black Friday..

I think you will really like the Orion, very easy to use right out of the box! Hope you ordered the pods, since they are not included with the mod.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I think you will really like the Orion, very easy to use right out of the box! Hope you ordered the pods, since they are not included with the mod.
Yes, I ordered one set of the .5's and one of the .25's. I used to be strictly a MTL vaper, but lately I have been doing a fair amount of DTL. I like my Zenith tank and my Freemax Mesh Pro. I'm versatile.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Yes, I ordered one set of the .5's and one of the .25's. I used to be strictly a MTL vaper, but lately I have been doing a fair amount of DTL. I like my Zenith tank and my Freemax Mesh Pro. I'm versatile.
If you vape higher than 50VG juice, you might want to stay away from the .5 pods. Otherwise you can take the fill cap off and then it keeps up with the wicking with 70VG juice. But don't leave it off for more than a few minutes, as it will flood if you don't keep vaping.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I just use my fingernail in one slot and spin it around. But anything that is like a slot screwdriver (guitar pick, toothpick, bent paperclip, etc) should be fine too. I can sometimes get my big fingers to spin the ring too. Most my fingers can turn it clockwise, but not counter-clockwise. But you can get there by turning just one way too. :)

I could fit my fingernail and very easy to turn! I agree, you could have full open or shut down as tight as needed.
I am using the .5Ω with the air flow full open DL and it is vaping great for me.
I have mine set to Blue- Medium. I have not tried using escribe yet.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
If you vape higher than 50VG juice, you might want to stay away from the .5 pods. Otherwise you can take the fill cap off and then it keeps up with the wicking with 70VG juice. But don't leave it off for more than a few minutes, as it will flood if you don't keep vaping.

I have been using 70vg with my .5Ω pods and no problems at all with wicking.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I have been using 70vg with my .5Ω pods and no problems at all with wicking.
I didn't at first either, but after many refills the problem started happening. I haven't seen this with .25 pods yet. And one of them is on the 14th refill.

SnapDragon NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
I didn't at first either, but after many refills the problem started happening. I haven't seen this with .25 pods yet. And one of them is on the 14th refill.

Thanks I will watch for that. I am only on my 3rd refill- LOL!
This is just my out and about mod- 1st day I got it it went for it's 1st outing for 4 hours and did great!
I am already thinking of picking up another one! I will order a pack of the .25Ω pods then to try too.
Just waiting to see if the store I use will be getting the Blue New Zealand Abalone in stock- that is the one I want next!
I am really happy with my Orion and glad I ordered one!

Chasbo

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
North by Northwest
I got a dry hit on a .25 using 70vg. Though I had been using that pod for a week and ran three different 50/50 sweet-ish salts through it before changing to 70vg freebase nic. I let it sit for a day and it’s back to hitting like a champ - great flavor. I really like the Orion. Pods are lasting much longer then other pod devices I’ve used. Zero spitting or juice in mouth so far, which has been common with most of the cheaper pod devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread