Lost Vape Orion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone1

Jan 17, 2019
My last 2 0.5 pods lasted me about 2 days before it gunk up and tasted bad. It started taste bad at second refill with 20% juice still in the pod. Mostly because I'm using sweet juice, but then again 2 days is just too little for such a expensive pods cartridge. I may have to give up on my orion.

Last edited:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My last 2 0.5 pods lasted me about 2 days before it gunk up and tasted bad. It started taste bad at second refill with 20% juice still in the pod. Mostly because I'm using sweet juice, but then again 2 days is just too little for such a expensive pods cartridge. I may have to give up on my Orion.
We've heard a rebuildable pod is in the works. My plan is to use pods only for backup and stealth so the replacement pods should last a long time. Puff for puff the Orion with Replay is my favorite but for stealth the Minifit rules.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
don't understand your problems. I'm running my .5 pods at 13W, 0 Boost, 1 Warmth and they last me forever. I changed one after about 1.5 month, had at least 20-30 refills, and only changed it because I could :)

Vaping diluted HHV NET - 25% NET, 75% 40mg salt

ETA: Then again, I only rewick my RTAs about once a month, too. Dunno what I'm doing "wrong" :D

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
My last 2 0.5 pods lasted me about 2 days before it gunk up and tasted bad. It started taste bad at second refill with 20% juice still in the pod. Mostly because I'm using sweet juice, but then again 2 days is just too little for such a expensive pods cartridge. I may have to give up on my Orion.
I used to have the same problem. Then I switched to .25 pods and dialed back boost and warmth. Then my pods lasted 3+ times longer. Now I dialed back the wattage down to 6 watts and turned up boost and warmth again and it is too soon to tell. But I am on refill number 5 and no signs of a burnt or a bad taste at all.
rPrKVpp.gif

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
don't understand your problems. I'm running my .5 pods at 13W, 0 Boost, 1 Warmth and they last me forever. I changed one after about 1.5 month, had at least 20-30 refills, and only changed it because I could :)
That's fantastic. When I do that settings it don't work that well for me, and that's got me scratching my head.
Vaping diluted HHV NET - 25% NET, 75% 40mg salt
I also use HHV. I use mostly Heavenly tobacco which isn't even a NET. It'll give me about 4 fills on that setting.
I don't understand how you wrote the mix though. Can you elaborate some plz?
Which one of the NETs you use, and what is that 75% NET? Cheers.
EDIT.
Is it 25% NET, and 75% unflavoured salt nic base ?

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I used to have the same problem. Then I switched to .25 pods and dialed back boost and warmth. Then my pods lasted 3+ times longer. Now I dialed back the wattage down to 6 watts and turned up boost and warmth again and it is too soon to tell. But I am on refill number 5 and no signs of a burnt or a bad taste at all.
rPrKVpp.gif

I have found the same experience with one of my juices that I really like. It would last 2 fills at most before an unpleasant taste would start, a bit of a burnt undertone which destroyed the flavor for me. And yet I have another daily vape flavor that I am currently on my 16th fill that tastes just as good as the first fill. I use 2 different Orions for the 2 different flavors, although I did try switching the mods to see if there was a difference... there wasn't.

For the first flavor, I tried using the the lowest default setting (white light) and it made no real difference. Then I went into the escribe software and turned the boost to 1 and warmth to 2 and am now on my 7th fill with no flavor change at all. I will try bumping up both the boost and warmth incrementally just to see when the pods start to go bad (separately of course) and see which has the the most adverse effects.

I can understand the escribe software adjust can be a PIA for many, but I'm happy that there is the versatility to adjust the vape to overcome issues with problematic juices. And from my experience, if you take the time, the Orion can be dialed in to give a good vape as well as lasting performance on the pods.

One final thing. I use only the .5 pods because the .25 just don't give me enough battery life before needing a recharge. But I have tried 4 .25 pods.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
One final thing. I use only the .5 pods because the .25 just don't give me enough battery life before needing a recharge. But I have tried 4 .25 pods.
I get about 250 puffs per pod and one .25 pod worth (3ml) I still have battery power left for say another 0.7ml. 0.5 pods I have a bit more power after a pod, probably another 1.5ml.

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
Is it 25% NET, and 75% unflavoured salt nic base ?

That's what I meant. 25% of HHV Dragon's Fire (@100% VG) and 75% of unflavored nic salt base (@100% PG).
Maybe that's the trick - more PG?
(I'm eyeballing when diluting, so it might just as well be 30/70 or something like that)

good luck :)

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I bought a couple of the Orion Q's and they just came in. Not sure why I bought them as I really don't care much for the original Orion. It just seems a little bland flavor wise and no matter how much I play with the settings, the vape seems weak to me.

With that said, my initial thoughts on the Q are very good. The vape is flavorful and warm. Not sure about longevity of the pods as I just filled them a couple hours ago. So I guess I can say they will give at least 2 hours of vape time LOL. The one Issue is a cosmetic issue as there is a gap between the pod and the device. I bought 2 of them and they both have that gap. Odd but really nothing that bothers me. Just putting it out there if there are any OCD types out there, I know things like that bother them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread