Lost Vape Orion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I'm coming late to the pod trend. I've got an orion Replay, Aspire AIO, and a Minifit. I decided to use pods only for backup and stealth which means not many puffs per week. The Orion is the best vaping, puff for puff, but weight and size make it not the best for backup and stealth. It is mostly an impressive conversation peice. The Aspire is competent, okay, but that's about it. The Minifit wins hands down for backup and stealth because because it's the smallest by far. It is also the least expensive of the three and the replacement pods are the least expensive. To make it work I made a batch of 36mg freebase, three times the strength of my usual DIY. I don't feel the need for salt nic.

Nothing wrong with FB nic as long a you get the desired strength. Nic% is nic% regardless of FB or Salts. The only small advantage of salts is if FB at higher strength delivers to harsh a vape or too high throat hit, then salts make sense since it adds the ability to tailor the throat hit to your liking.

I know that technically salts enter the blood stream just a little quicker, but in my testing it is such a small difference as to be unnoticeable.

Reactions: dansus

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I'm coming late to the pod trend. I've got an Orion Replay, Aspire AIO, and a Minifit. I decided to use pods only for backup and stealth which means not many puffs per week. The Orion is the best vaping, puff for puff, but weight and size make it not the best for backup and stealth. It is mostly an impressive conversation peice. The Aspire is competent, okay, but that's about it. The Minifit wins hands down for backup and stealth because because it's the smallest by far. It is also the least expensive of the three and the replacement pods are the least expensive. To make it work I made a batch of 36mg freebase, three times the strength of my usual DIY. I don't feel the need for salt nic.

Glad to hear the Orion works for you, though you don't say if you are using it for MTL or DTL.

I found using it for DTL was OK but the flavor was muted, and I get a better MTL off of any of my other pods, including the Boulder Rock, Wismec Myjet, Aspire Edge and Naulilus AIO, Suorin Air, Suorin Drop, and Juul. Even my VandyVape AP (though not a pod) gives a great MTL hit compared to the Orion and the battery lasts for days.

My goal was never stealth vaping - just looking for a mod with a battery larger than 350mah and a pod that holds more that 2-3ml of juice and gives a good MTL. Unlike your experience, the Orion failed to impress me.

I realize that I am probably in the minority opinion of the Orion, but really glad I sold them while the market is still hot and I was able to recover 80% of my money.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Late to the party! I just ordered the Orion DNA from Breazy.com. $36 for just the mod & $7.20 for the 2 pack of pods. Free shipping at $50. But since I’m in NJ I had to pay tax. I got the Gold Abalone.

Hope I like it!

Coupon code “VDAY” - 20% off

Btw, Happy Valentines Day everyone!

Edit: sorry the pods are not discounted the 20% off is for hardware only so they’re $8.99 for a 2 pack.

Last edited:

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Dunno if this belongs here or in a separate thread, but has anyone thought about the effects of nic salts on the body? I ask because I've thought about doing salts in pods, even got the salts nic from NN, but havn't used it yet. Still just fine with free base in the Orion. After doing some research in how to make the salts, my concern is that in order to make the higher nic more pleasing and less bitter, acid is added to the solution. Acid makes tooth enamel soft and is easy to overdo it (looking at you sugar). Acids are in lots of food and drink, so that's not my concern. But we dont drink lemon juice all day every day. We do puff on our puffers all day every day and if we drop the PH by switching to salts to make it more pleasing, are we exposing our enamel to harmful levels of acid? Is it worse that sugar? Is it harmless as water? Again, if this post is out of place, my apologies.

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Can someone a bit more experienced with escribe explain the relationship between the base wattage, boost and replay warmth on the orion? Are the values for boost and replay wattage based or are they a percentage added to base power?

I've messed around with the orion a bit but I still haven't quite figured it out. I'm just noticing that although I have my orion is set at 10w, boost 3, replay warmth 5, I'm getting peaks of 20w+. I can't help but think this contributes to the quick battery drains I'm experiencing.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
EverythingEvil, the way I understand it, adding wattage/boost adds extra wattage when you first fire to shorten ramp up time. Replay off, monitors the last puff and notes the the coil resistance. When you enable it, wattage/boost is out of the equation and Replay adjusts the wattage/boost itself to repeat that same puff getting the coil to the same resistance as before. Warmth is like boost, but only works in Replay.

MrSato

Jan 3, 2012
Texas
Hello everyone!

I have had mine for about a week now and have vaped both 3mg freebase and 35mg nic salts out of the 0.25

i only have about 800 puffs on the device because i swap between it and a mech mod.

the 3mg was ok but i found it less satisfying compared to my mech so i decided to use higher nic in it when i dont have the option of using my mech.

i DO like it with the airflow mod posted above - i have vaped 3mg happily with 4 custom settings.

3mg - 0.25ohm 7watt 11boost , 11watt5boost, 11watt11boost, 13watt11boost.

35mg nic salt - 0.25ohm 7watt0boost , 7watt5boost, 7watt11boost , 9watt 3boost

this is where im at so far. really do like the mod!

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Can someone answer this question?

My hunch is they use hex on all the bottoms but the weird one for other screws. But I need to make sure because i'll need to source the weird screw driver to install my stab panels.

x.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: BillW50

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

My hunch is they use hex on all the bottoms but the weird one for other screws. But I need to make sure because i'll need to source the weird screw driver to install my stab panels.

View attachment 799095

Those screws look to be Torx on the right and a Tri-Point on the left. You can attempt to remove with conventional drivers but risk damaging the heads. Can Tire sells these drivers – I’m sure you can find cheaper elsewhere.

If interested here’s JayBo taking a Orion apart.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

The bottom of mine are Torx screws. But you could probably get hex to work with them. Those other screws are called Y2 screws I think. The reason they use those is because the user has no business going in there according to Lost Vape. ;)

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
The bottom of mine are Torx screws. But you could probably get hex to work with them. Those other screws are called Y2 screws I think. The reason they use those is because the user has no business going in there according to Lost Vape. ;)

Ah I see. Have a set of Torx so I should be good to go. Thanks my man.

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
I'm back again, earlier in this thread somebody mentioned rebuildable pods ?? has that happened as of yet ??
Not yet. You will find them soon on the ODIS Collection Web Store which is a good thing.
No lists nore F5...

Price will be around 40 USD

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario

Smallest I have is a T7 - would you happen to know what size the screw is?

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co

The really weird thing about this is that there is mention of customizable panels in the orions user manual. Yet for some strange reason they used screws that most people don't have the proper tools to remove. Maybe I misunderstood the user manual, but it seems strange to essentially advertise that you can change out the side panels and not use something more accessible like a standard philips head screw.

Fortunately these Y shaped bits really aren't hard to find anymore. Most larger persicion screw driver sets have a few of them included. I think I got my set for under $10 at walmart.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Fortunately these Y shaped bits really aren't hard to find anymore. Most larger persicion screw driver sets have a few of them included. I think I got my set for under $10 at walmart.
Dang! I have a philips kind of bit in my kit, but it has 3 sides instead of 4. And it is labelled as 2.0. I guess that's 2mm. And I tried it and it actually fits. :lol:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Not yet. You will find them soon on the ODIS Collection Web Store which is a good thing.
No lists nore F5...
I'm not holding my breath that its going to happen soon. This is what Odis had to say about it on Facebook a day or what ago...
Screenshot_20190219-111143_Facebook.jpg

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Odis designs said they had a prototype for the orion rta 4-5 weeks ago and that it would be released in about 6 weeks. The original post they made about the rta is from November of last year. Looking over their posts from the last six months or so it's sort of hard to take anything they say at face value.

Odis Designs last project seems to have been a failure, with the company refunding a vast majority of what they sold because it leaked so bad. They apparently drummed up a bunch of hype around the device, didn't test it thoroughly or possibly at all, then rushed production. I have some fears the orion rta may suffer the same fate.

From a more recent update, odis designs commented that when this rta does come out, it would likely be selling for around $40-$50. I don't think the price is totally out of control but if I'm going to spend as much on an rta as I did on my orion I want it not to leak all over the place. Honestly I'm not confident it will be leak free based on the drawing I've seen. They seem to be placing the fill port on the side, which not only seems a bit akward but it also would seem more prone to leaking than the orion pods top fill.

I really don't want to sound negative about this rta, because I am very exited about it, if it ends up being reliable. I'm mostly sharing this so those of you who don't have Facebook have an idea what to expect from this company. Based on what I've seen so far I would thoroughly suggest waiting for a few reviews to pop up before spending the money on any of odis designs stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread