Lost Vape Orion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSato

Jan 3, 2012
Texas
been 3d printing drip tips for my orion, 1st 2 versions are just to test tolerance with non airflow and airflow versions

20190227_110119_resized.jpg

20190227_181803.jpg

Attachments

• 20190227_113136_resized.jpg
    20190227_113136_resized.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
after a few weeks of testing i for sure recommend dropping wattage down to 5-8 and knocking up boost.

getting the early boost and dropping down to a lower wattage to continue the vape is a good way to get a good hit while minimizing dry hits by giving the coil a break after the boost.

i hit a whole tank back to back non stop on 7watt 5 boost and 7watt 8 boost with 0 dry hits.

i feel the orion should not be looked at like a standard device where you just continually increase the wattage but instead drop wattage a little lower and try boosting.

just imo

Not sure which pod you are using but I do agree with you that the settings on the orion should be ran quite low. I've seen a lot of people complaining about pod life and I feel like this is mostly due to running the Orion at an unreasonable power level and/or using juices with high levels of sweetener.

Using the .25 pods with diy 50/50 25mg nic salts with the pod set at 10/0/2 I've been getting 10 days (20-35ml) absolute minimum out of each pod. My current pod has been on my second orion since the day I got it, has 1800+ puffs on it and shows no signs of decline.

Last edited:

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
Yeah low is the way to go. Still baffles me that they make, market and promote it as a 30W (boost to 40W) when in actual fact that kind of power will never work in this device... in fact it actually runs the risk of giving it a bad name.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Yeah low is the way to go. Still baffles me that they make, market and promote it as a 30W (boost to 40W) when in actual fact that kind of power will never work in this device... in fact it actually runs the risk of giving it a bad name.

Same reason my truck has a speedometer that goes to 140mph, but the engine is designed to never break 100mph, due to a speed governor...which a lot of cars have.

It’s all about sales!

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
Yep agreed...I'm just counting me lucky I learnt about it on this forum. Many Many others out there will hook it up at 20W and only use it for a day...nah I don't see the marketing sense in that.

Agreed, I feel like the only reason I've been so happy with my orions is because I knew what to expect ahead of time.

It's honestly baffling to me that lost vape would put a 30 watt chip and allow it to boost an addition 10 watts in a device that uses pods and has a 950mah battery.
On some levels I feel like the factory settings are even set up in a way that burns out the pods faster intentionally.

Honestly lost vape could have made the Orion a 15-20 watt device, and set the factory settings at reasonable values. Had they at the very least set the original settings better there would probably be a lot less orion haters out there.

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Agreed, I feel like the only reason I've been so happy with my orions is because I knew what to expect ahead of time.

It's honestly baffling to me that lost vape would put a 30 watt chip and allow it to boost an addition 10 watts in a device that uses pods and has a 950mah battery.
On some levels I feel like the factory settings are even set up in a way that burns out the pods faster intentionally.

Honestly lost vape could have made the Orion a 15-20 watt device, and set the factory settings at reasonable values. Had they at the very least set the original settings better there would probably be a lot less orion haters out there.

But...in the world of DNA250’s and ChinaMod 213watts...who in the heck would buy a 15-20watt mod?

Provape was ridiculed for releasing a 20 watt mod when the P3 came out.

“Nobody MTLs anymore...nobody vapes that low...”

But here we are, in 2019.

Pods are quickly becoming the main train of vaping...high res, low power, MTL draw.

2019, and SvoëMesto just released a new Kayfun Lite, and it sold out within a day.

It’s so funny to me how cyclical things are!

Black wings

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2019
Wlts UK
I do love the Orion. It's my go to for out and about. As you guys found. As a mtl vaper you need to run it on its minimum setting for best out of the box results.
With a vg level above 50% you risk scorching that cotton on the first vape if turning it up.
A little tweaking on escribe (definitely lengthen the draw time) and it's fantastic.
Definitely nicked the design from the zeltu though and the Orion q is a carbon copy.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I do love the Orion. It's my go to for out and about. As you guys found. As a mtl vaper you need to run it on its minimum setting for best out of the box results.
    With a vg level above 50% you risk scorching that cotton on the first vape if turning it up.
    A little tweaking on escribe (definitely lengthen the draw time) and it's fantastic.
    Definitely nicked the design from the zeltu though and the Orion q is a carbon copy.

I never heard of the zeltu before but I definitely see the similarity in the pods. It's interesting that their pods are higher resistance.

Black wings

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2019
    Wlts UK
    I never heard of the zeltu before but I definitely see the similarity in the pods. It's interesting that their pods are higher resistance.
    I think the lostvape Orion Q has basically the same resistance now.
    Obviously like the Q it's a more straightforward mtl set up with no evolv board.
    It's a UK design (the zeltu) but like many UK and US designs. Once you speak to a Chinese production factory about the costs of production they can offer, the design mysteriously appears in a slightly different form from another Chinese manufacturer. Very little you can do about it either.
    The pod system I was most impressed with last year for mtl was the Hava. Superb quality, tiny and a proper decent mtl vape. But.. zero after market support over here. No pods available anywhere except from hava.
    Shame as they do a cotton pod (the original comes with ceramic) which is amazing for flavour. If I could get the pods easier it would be my back-up car mod.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread