The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lost Vape Orion

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by dansus, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. newyork13

newyork13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I could not figure out the source of the seepage. I saw some on the bottom, some on the side. I never got much onto the Orion itself.
    BUT, it only happened well into the "life" of the pod, meaning after a good number of refills. So, for example, I've got a 15ml bottle of juice, which I began a new pod with. I'm almost finished with the bottle, and not a drop of juice anywhere where it shouldn't be.

• Like Like x 2
  2. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I just received an Orion quest today. It seems weird to not be able to adjust the wattage.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. hittman

Supporting member
    Anyone know the cheapest place to buy pods? I checked vape wild and they are sold out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    Orion Pods

They’re prices are on par. But they have free shipping @ $20 & ship quickly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. UserFriendly

UserFriendly Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    I really really wanted to like this device... jumped the gun and bought two for the gf and myself as backups/replacements for our sprytes. No matter what i've tried juice and escribe wise...I can't find a way to like it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. hittman

Supporting member
    I’ve been running a menthol tobacco in mine and have had a similar experience. I ordered an Orion quest just to compare the two and so far like the quest better. I don’t get the burnt taste after a few draws like I do in the go.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Interesting. Does your gf feel the same? You mind to expand some on why it don't work for you?
    I'm constantly amazed with how much we vapers differ when it comes to vape gear and liquids.
    Vaping in general is still evolving and as one go along, you eventually find something that works well for you. I have soooo much stuff I collected and used it for a while and then stored it. Still use some from time to time just for the fun of it, but this Orion just stays my no 1. I find myself using it almost exclusively now...well my new Billet box as well. I'm sure i'm settled with the hardware now. As for my beloved tobacco juice....that's a work in progress. :D

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mike_T

Mike_T New Member

Mar 15, 2019
    This guy has figured out how to build a ship in a bottle. In the video, he demonstrates a method of rebuilding the Lost Vape Orion Q pod (coil and wick). It would also work on the DNA Go pods, although I have to look into coil calculations in more detail. As noted in a previous message in this thread, the DNA Go board has a narrow optimal range of coil resistance.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, it has been a fun read and I gained a lot of insight into the Orion and the DNA Go board.

• Like x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  9. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    This is brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    Thanks for sharing that video. He did a great job. I don't see myself doing that unless government interferes with access to product, which seems ever more likely. I wonder how many times the plastic case, gaskets, etc. will tolerate rebuilding. May be 4-5 times?

• Like Like x 1
  11. moodsmaster

moodsmaster Full Member

Aug 1, 2018
    It's done very well, but with a rebuild option, it'll only take 5 minutes. My biggest problem with the pod (besides all the waste for one build) is the big chamber an the airfloe. That's why I drilled the hole in front of the wick. I still hope the Crux (Odis design) will get released some day. But for now, there are no news on that...
    It's a pity, because the DNA go is great and something like the vandy vape simple ex mod with the DNA go chip would be my dream device for being outside

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jazzman

Jazzman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2013
    High Desert, CA
    Thanks for the video @Mike_T . Enjoyed watching him build and it looks like he did a great job on the rebuild. He certainly did a great job on explaining as he went, very clear instructions.

I don't know that I want to go through that much effort to rebuild the pods, but I'm going to try one when I'm at home and bored just to see if a really good quality cotton will improve the flavor on the Orion and if the pods tend to last longer. That might be worth the effort.

One thing I am sure of though is that I won't be throwing any more pods away. I'll clean them and put them away for possible future rebuilds. I'll also order some smaller 316L wire, probably 28 and 30 to have on hand in case this turns out really good. Nothing more irritating than wanting to build and not having the wire to do it with and all my SS wire is much too thick for this purpose.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    WoW I might try that some day. Thanks for sharing that.
    If i'm not mistaken, he's Vietnamese. They blew my mind by the simple yet innovative and resorceful way they do things. Top of my list was a guy that had an armature rewinding business on the sidewalk, with only a few hand tools....incredible !!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Yeah I was all over Odis on their facebook page watching and waiting for news on it, when I started out with the Orion. Lately though, since I got the power sorted, I dont think I even want the Crux anymore. This pods perform beautifully, and they last long enough for me. Even when i'm mixing in NET liquids 50/50 with other tobaccos ...:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  15. hittman

Supporting member
    He left the part out of the video where you need to swear while trying to get the cotton in the holes.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  16. JollyRogers

JollyRogers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Virginia
    Yes, that was nicely done. I’ll give it a shot once I build up some old pods. Unfortunately I threw all of them out last weekend!

• Like Like x 1
  17. laurie9300

laurie9300 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 10, 2014
    Sydney Australia
    Oooopps!

• Like Like x 1
  18. newyork13

newyork13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Wowie Zowie. That guy did an amazing job.
    It reminds me of building on my byLeo Sophia with its ceramic cups and nr-r-nr wires. But, what he did is far more tricky since he had to do it into a pod with very limited access. Great! Thanks for posting.

• Like Like x 1
  19. UserFriendly

UserFriendly Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Honestly the mtl draw just isn’t what we’ve become so used to with our spryte’s. We love them so much. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  20. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Agreed its not the best as a mtl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.