The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lost Vape Orion

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by dansus, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ArminF

ArminF Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    Both coils using the same wire as far i know. Same settings in diameter, wraps and cotton. The 0.25 is parallel build.
    I would guess your liquid flow is broken. You can open the liquid fill cap for a minute and close it again. This will bring more liquid into your wick. I felt the Orion airflow needs to be open at least 50%. Which brings you a very open draw afterwards. But with this setting you will at least have more liquid flow and can go up to more wattage.
    Maybe try to get some 1 ohm pods as they reduced the chamber size and so your vacuum while drawing could bring a better liquid flow. Never tested them. But from technical perspective this would work.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fredman1

Fredman1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Does the 1.0ohm Q pods work on the Go?

• Like Like x 1
  3. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I was thinking that Pbusardo tried it on his video review and it did work. I have both and can try it later.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. vimagreg

vimagreg Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2019
    Waiting for my Orion DNA, should be here next Monday. Curious to meet this beauty to see if it's actually better than my Breeze 2.

PS: I have a Paranormal DNA yet and, man, I love that DNA chip.

Enviado de meu ONEPLUS A6013 usando o Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2015
    416CAB8C-740B-4C9B-9C40-8439EED816DB.png
    Daniel say yes it will work but the settings have to be tweaked in Escribe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ArminF

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    Yes. Just raise the Ohm level in escribe. Replay will not work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. toastedmarshmallow

toastedmarshmallow Senior Member

Mar 25, 2013
    United States
    Saw the hype for the Orion here and decided to purchase one (DNA). Finally was able to get my hands on one on Saturday and I think the battery on mine is messed up. How long does everyone's battery usually last? Im concerned mine came in with a bad battery since it drops to 50% really quickly. I work a 9-5 and take a 5 minute vape break every hour. So 40 minutes of vaping (+-5min) brings my battery % down to 50 (checked with escribe). Is this normal?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jazzman

Jazzman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2013
    High Desert, CA
    I made a comment about this early in this thread. It seems to go from fully the charged light to the 50% really quickly, but it stays for a long time at the 50% light and a fair amount of time with the low voltage light. Vape a full battery down and I think you'll see the light patterns don't really reflect the true battery condition, so I wouldn't get too concerned. 40 minutes of vaping should be no problem for you unless you got a defective unit, but give it a full test and you'll probably be fine if you ignore the miscues of the lights.

Your battery life will also be significantly affected by the choices made in the escribe software. So even if you don't get quite the life you're looking for you can tailor the software to get you the vape and battery life you are looking for. Escribe is quite flexible and useful in that regard.

Let us know how it goes for you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    Yeah well saying how long the battery last time-wise doesn't tell someone much. I am sure someone could chain vape a pod in 10 minutes (not me). A better indicator would be is how much juice you can vape through. And both pods shouldn't have any problems lasting through one battery charge. At best, a full charge with a .5 pod will last through 1.5 pods. A .25 pod, will last about 1.2 pods worth per charge.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ArminF

Nov 28, 2018
    Switzerland
    If you feeling bored...

• Like Like x 1
  11. dansus

dansus Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Before you ask, its not available yet.

odis_orion3.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    Clever solution. Moving the coil to the top opens up the entire bottom for eliquid. I predict there will be a Chinese version on the market before this one and/or there will be an all new rebuildable pod product based on the same principles.

For my purposes a useful pod is small and lite . It's lite becausei it's mostly made of plastic. I have an original Orion, an excellent vape, puff for puff, but I don't carry it much because it's too heavy for a top tshirt pocket.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    That coil on that battery should last a toilet brake I think...:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Thriftyvapeman

Thriftyvapeman New Member

Mar 31, 2019
    Hi there, new to the forum but i just felt like sharing this
    20190331_195409.jpg

I have found another way on replacing the coils in the orion pods. This method includes cutting a hole on the side of the coil chaimber to make installing and wicking a little easier. Everything else is done in a similar method to the video linked above.
    20190331_195416.jpg

After installing the coils i used a piece of food grade plastic to cover back the gaping hole on the side of the pod (you cant imagine the airflow itll give you if it was left open) and taped it into place with foil tape (less sticky, will not leave glue residue)
    20190331_195911.jpg

It wont leak if you wick it right and it makes rebuilding this pod a lot easier, to the point where it can be done in no more than 5 minutes

Im thinking of a more permanent solution than taping a piece of plastic onto the gaping hole like attaching those pill box door thingymabob b2eb0f4c-cf6d-47a3-8afc-dbec8b989ec2_1.f928292918590d54d070ab0e24db6a61.jpeg
    But in the moment, i cant find one small enough.

Any suggestions in making rebuilding the pods easier/a more permanent solution?

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Thriftyvapeman

Thriftyvapeman New Member

Mar 31, 2019
    Itll still feel like working on an engine through the exhaust but it just makes it a little more simple. This is my first pod on the Orion and i cant wait to experiment with other pods as soon as i burn through some more. Will keep ya updated on any other things i end up doing

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. vimagreg

vimagreg Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. svapopirata

svapopirata Unresolved Status

Apr 1, 2019
    Maybe is the best one!!! The second place for aspire AIO

18. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    So where did you get the pic? Who's making it? And when is it supposed to be available?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    It is being designed by Odis. The same people who made that leaky RTA for the Billet Box.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Fredman1

Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    I was all jittery about it in the beginning when the pods didn't last, but TBH i don't really desire one anymore since I have the power sorted and I get much more out of the pods.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.