The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lost Vape Orion

Discussion in 'Vape Pod Systems' started by dansus, Sep 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tw33k

tw33k Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

the other night i was vaping using an IQS mesh pod @ 0.3Ω and emptied the pod in what seemed like 20 minutes. so last night i reset the puffs in escribe, charged the battery and filled it up. it took only 58 puffs to empty it!
    the flavor i get from those pods is awesome but 58 puffs is terrible. looks like i'll be sticking with the new Lost Vape pods

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. BillW50

BillW50 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2014
    US
    The higher the wattage, the more juice it will consume. So tw33k, what is the wattage are you running at?

3. BNEAT

BNEAT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Does anyone know why they're calling the Plus a 22 watt device now? Mine goes up to 30 watts, but I haven't updated my software and I really don't want to due to the 5 power settings (I'm colorblind so those little LEDs are almost impossible to differentiate) Even on Lost Vapes site they're calling it 22 watts.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. GeorgeS

GeorgeS Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Just picked one up. Filled with my favorite juice. Flavor is non-existent.

Cool backup for the car.

[edit] After some use the flavor has come up. Not Kfun level but not bad considering what it is.

Question: what kind of battery life are folks getting? The hope is there is enough battery there to mostly finish off the 2ml of juice.

5. JollyRogers

JollyRogers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Virginia
    I went 2 weeks on my first .5 with salts starting at lowest setting, with air practically closed for MTL before I pulled it due to performance. Flavor was good. Performance wained on week 2 some and I stepped up the next highest setting. Today I switched to a .25 with more air using 6mg and flavor was not all that but it was OK. Problem is I went through a tank and batt charge in 3/4 of the day, vice 1ml all day and a batt at yellow with the salts &.5. Back to the .5 for me.

I’m liking it for salts MTL @.5.

6. moodsmaster

moodsmaster Full Member

Aug 1, 2018
    I got the new Orion Plus Pod with the 0.5 Ohm and I have to say, that it's night and day for me. They taste better, better throat hit and a better vape quality. I used only one tank for now and used the red (14W) with boost set to one.
    These new pods brought my old Orion back to life. Now how about an RDA????

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. moodsmaster

moodsmaster Full Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Set my power Go 13w and boost to 1. Now it’s even better. This is what the Orion should have been in the first place. No dry hits, no leaking and good flavour. The pod is still going strong with a net-tabaccho liquid and battery life is good. I’ve used many pod devices (caliburn,vladdin and the nautilus aio) and the Orion is the best so far.

• Like Like x 1
  8. newyork13

newyork13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    Did you update the firmware on the Orion, or just use what was there before?

9. moodsmaster

moodsmaster Full Member

Aug 1, 2018
    I did upload the new firmware. I’m not shure, if it’s the firmware, but the replay seems to be working better now.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Lewbuh

Lewbuh Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Hey,

I have one and I love it! For me button placement is great but I don’t have the largest hands. It can be kinda hard to get the pods out and in but i found they loosen up over time.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Lewbuh

Lewbuh Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    Oh also if you haven’t tried lush ice by vgod I highly recommend it :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Darren Brown

Darren Brown Full Member

Oct 10, 2019
    I have all the lost vape pods but i think the purge ally destroys all of time

13. newyork13

newyork13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I'm not sure what you mean by "purge ally".
    And also what you mean by "destroys all of time".
    Certainly would be useful info for us Orion owners to avoid pod destruction.

14. dwcraig1

dwcraig1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm thinking he likes this best, not sure either though.
    You are being redirected...

15. tw33k

So i tested the new Lost Vape pod to see how many puffs i would get out of it compared to the IQS mesh pods. i'm using the 0.25Ω pod @ 22 watts (same as the IQS mesh pod) and got 94 puffs. that's much better. i also turned the air flow down about half-way and the flavor really improved

• Like Like x 3
  16. tw33k

I'm currently on holiday in the US and only bought my 2 Orions and a Suorin Drop pod so have been using the IQS mesh pod on one of the Orions a fair bit. I reckon I've refilled it a dozen times in the past few days and it's starting to taste bad, kinda burnt. Pretty disappointed with it because the flavor is really good but only getting like 60 puffs before having to refill and only about a dozen refills is pretty poor. Luckily I bought a few extra Lost Vape pods with me.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. KatieEvan

KatieEvan New Member

Oct 24, 2019
    I've had my Orion for about 2-3 months and I loved it until the battery started to slowly expand until it actually broke the glass of the mod. I took the glass off and the battery feels like it's filled with air, so much air that it feels like it could spontaneously combust at any moment. Has anyone else had this issue with a battery expanding?? I stopped using it in fear of my face being blown off and I may be just past the warranty period :( Anyone have an idea how this happened? IMG_1024.JPG IMG_1025.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  18. HBcorpse

HBcorpse Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Oh so THAT’S what the battery looks like!

I can tell you this: STOP USING IT.

If that wasn’t already obvious.

The other thing I can say is:
    You’re safe from it, as long as you don’t fire it, or charge it.

Batteries will ALL expand (to some degree) at some point in their life.

You may have experienced something like this:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Regardless of the different battery chemistries used (NiMH, LiPo, or Li-Ion) they all do this.

Ever accidentally frozen a soda or beer? Can exploded? Similar principal.

Liquid crystallized, and deformed the container.

I’d reach out the Orion and see what they say.

FYI, this issue is also commonly seen with smart phones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Open a ticket with Evolv they are the repair/warranty center for Lost Vape

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    Even for NON DNA equipped devices? Pic showed it's a Quest.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.