Lost Vape Orion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
I got the new pods and some coils today. Only tried the .25 so far but can't tell the difference between it and the old pods flavor wise. They are much better in that now we can just replace the coil instead of throwing out the whole pod.
I have some IQS mesh pods .3 on the way. Keen to try those as well

Huuy

Jan 2, 2012
new york
New coils are slightly better. I tried turning boost to 0 and warmth to 1 and can only get 3 days out of both the .25 and .5. They made the holes on these coils so small, i have a feeling not enough juice is getting in and they just burn. Was hoping to at least get a week out of these, could be me. Probably just gonna go back to the Caliburn.

• Informative
Reactions: dansus

dansus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Jan 16, 2016
    London
    Got mine today, thumbs up for both coils from me.

orion_new.jpg

newyork13

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I emailed Lost Vapes about the inability of Mac users to upgrade the Orion software to use the new pod/coil.
    Actually, I'm kind of surprised they even answered, but they did.
    Saying: " Sorry for now can only upgrade in windows, I will push engineering team to do it."
    We'll see, but still happy they replied. A point in their favor.

michliu

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Seattle, WA
    Really disappointed in the new replaceable coils. Wicking still doesn't keep up and I need to burp it every 4-5 drags. I have a 0.25 coil one up from the lowest setting with 50/50 juice and the vape is not very saturated. Afraid of turning it up any higher for fear of burning out the coil. The IQS coils are much better.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Would you elaborate?
    Everything I've read everywhere indicates that I need to upgrade the firmware/software on the Orion DNA in order to use the new pods/coils.
    I didn't have to update mine for the new pods. (All I did was turn up the power) I'm still on the first coil and it's vaping great. (max VG @ 25 watts, direct lung)

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    ok. I appreciate these comments.
    So, is it worth getting the new pods/coils?
    I'm ok with the ones I have, though I accept that they're not as good as RTA's I have.
    Too soon to tell, I'm still on my first coil...but I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this new design.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread