Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
How many tons of discarded eclipse glasses? :shock:

I'm sure a lot .. I did get a report from one of my neighbors that went into "The Zone" that immediately after the Event, Eclipse Cookies and other related Eclipse perishables were being handed out gratis .. ;) .. as well, drastic markdowns on Eclipse shwag .. t-shirts, caps and the like ..

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
I'm sure a lot .. I did get a report from one of my neighbors that went into "The Zone" that immediately after the Event, Eclipse Cookies and other related Eclipse perishables were being handed out gratis .. ;) .. as well, drastic markdowns on Eclipse shwag .. t-shirts, caps and the like ..
Did they bring back anything for you?

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Are you kidding .. ?? ;) .. I don't wear a cap, I'm very selective on any t-shirt shwag I wear .. ;)

:lol: Seems to me they could have least brought back a cookie....or Krispy Kreme eclipse doughnut....;)

Last edited:

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
18892910_568131663574505_9154282764871653623_n.jpg

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Really enjoying the Pacific NW. A little warm today near 80 but as soon as the sun goes down cools off. Love the way when the tides change a breeze comes up. I'd move back here if everyone wasn't crazy on housing prices, and driving. It's like Rush hour most of the day except Rush hour it is stop and go for miles. Just too crazy.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Oh also not concerned about the neighbor in the least, I'm convinced he is just rich and full of BS. He already has his house here sold and found a couple on like for sale where he wants to go next which is in Michigan somewhere and they are flying back to look at them and maybe buy one. Must be nice. He said for a half a mil there you can get a mansion. I don't imagine they will let him on the plane packing but he probably has a special Air Marshal permit, or so he will say.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Oh also not concerned about the neighbor in the least, I'm convinced he is just rich and full of BS. He already has his house here sold and found a couple on like for sale where he wants to go next which is in Michigan somewhere and they are flying back to look at them and maybe buy one. Must be nice. He said for a half a mil there you can get a mansion. I don't imagine they will let him on the plane packing but he probably has a special Air Marshal permit, or so he will say.

Yeah, he could probably buy up a large piece of Flint .. ;) .. and then put some money where, er, his water is .. ;)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
True that .. :) .. one of the reasons my forehead got flatter as the years went by, slapping it every time I saw or heard of something and said "Dang .. why didn't I think of that .. ??" .. ;)

Or...."I thought of that :facepalm:....why didn't I act on it??" ......;)

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    @Sir Kadly ...What's this?? What's this?! :blink: Have you been Knighted?...or are you Benighted? ... ;)
    Just a name I picked up somewhere along the way, that seems to follow me around so I decided it should be my name.
    As for being knighted, I'm not sure. The woman who first called me Sir Kadly (many moons ago) is not my queen, does a princess have the power to knight someone?:unsure:
    As for benighted, well, that might open a political discussion so I'll simply say I think some of our leaders fit that description and leave it at that.;)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    Hope you like it. If you do there's plenty on youtube.

I'm biased, Billy is an old, old friend I haven't seen in about 10 years. He just recorded this and it popped up on my FB feed. Janet, Billy and I raised some h3ll back before we knew better. He's playing w/ a long time companion of his Steve Kimrock. This was recorded at Berlin Guitars.

The only thing Bill ever wanted to do is 'make music' and become a 'rock and roll star'. The closest he got to fame was playing bass for Jefferson Starship for a little while. He started as a roadie w/ them after he met and became friends with Grace Slick at an AA meeting. He's done well by himself not as a rock and roll star but a well followed guitarist and singer in Germany. His home for many, many years now.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    As I sat in my lawn chair, craning my neck .. two things went thru my mind :: Why don't I just get out an old blanket and lay flat on the ground (getting up later maybe why not .. ;)) .. and, "If I sweat in this heat and it somehow makes it's way to the "lens", will that be a problem .. ??" .. ;)

All the more reason to have gotten out that blanket. Glasses would then be the topmost projection, and gravity is a strictly enforced law around here.

:lol: Seems to me they could have least brought back a cookie....or Krispy Kreme eclipse doughnut....;)

Or at least said they did, but couldn't resist them... ;)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    Hope you like it. If you do there's plenty on youtube.

I'm biased, Billy is an old, old friend I haven't seen in about 10 years. He just recorded this and it popped up on my FB feed. Janet, Billy and I raised some h3ll back before we knew better. He's playing w/ a long time companion of his Steve Kimrock. This was recorded at Berlin Guitars.

The only thing Bill ever wanted to do is 'make music' and become a 'rock and roll star'. The closest he got to fame was playing bass for Jefferson Starship for a little while. He started as a roadie w/ them after he met and became friends with Grace Slick at an AA meeting. He's done well by himself not as a rock and roll star but a well followed guitarist and singer in Germany. His home for many, many years now.

Thank you for sharing your friend with us. Of course I went and listened to more...:) It doesn't matter if he never became a "super star".....he's persisted in following his dream and is "making music"...;)

Users who are viewing this thread