• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Lounging By The Beach - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Lisa, do you have a workout room at home or a gym nearby? I can't really see you sitting still that long during these stormy days.:laugh:

Oh, yeah, I forgot you can hoop inside right?

katie-sunshine-hooping-o.gif

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Sea, I've had an interest in the water issue out there for many years. I just loaned a book - "Dead Pool" - to a friend that was here this week. It addresses a lot of the same issues as "Cadillac Desert", which you may have read or heard of. You know I've always planned to end up in SD but in the last few years I've been rethinking it. I'm concerned about water issues. It truly is on the brink of disaster - with or without global warming models.

Yep, some predictions for all of CA are a future desert.:( Guess I'll have to move to Oregon where my son and dil live in Grants Pass/Medford area. The actually work in GP, but dil commutes to Medford to work.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Yep, some predictions for all of CA are a future desert.:( Guess I'll have to move to Oregon where my son and dil live in Grants Pass/Medford area. The actually work in GP, but dil commutes to Medford to work.

If you don't want to go that far north, there are other places... unless you just want to be near them.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Good night, (((jj))) ... going to send you a PM later ... no rush ... just going to tell you about my new order.

Going to quit using my steam mop on my jobs - going to replace it with a Hoover Floormate Deluxe. It scrubs the floor grout as well as the floor. Steaming the grout takes too long, although most don't ask for grout work, but it's nice to be prepared. Just bought a new steam cleaner ... not the one I posted about to take on my jobs. Will buy another bigger one for my home.

good-night-54.gif

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Lisa, do you have a workout room at home or a gym nearby? I can't really see you sitting still that long during these stormy days.:laugh:

Oh, yeah, I forgot you can hoop inside right?

Yes, I can! ....the mega-bathroom :). I've already had to touch up the paint some! -and I hate gyms. I'd rather do something outside.

Normally I am able to run in winter gear, as long as it's above 15 so breathing doesn't become an issue. However, this winter? Well, Mon-Tues highs will be well below zero again!. The "polar vortex" just won't go away.

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
Yes, I can! ....the mega-bathroom :). I've already had to touch up the paint some! -and I hate gyms. I'd rather do something outside.

Normally I am able to run in winter gear, as long as it's above 15 so breathing doesn't become an issue. However, this winter? Well, Mon-Tues highs will be well below zero again!. The "polar vortex" just won't go away.

I dont care much for gyms either. I just got off the weather channel, and it says the chill is here to stay.:(

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I'm not sure yet. My plan was to move up there for my elder, retired years, but if we have a water shortage, it may be sooner.

My thought was about the cold, compared to SD, but if most of Cal will be desert, then I guess it may not be all that cold in Oregon.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
(((Lisa))) and (((VG))) ... good night, I'm going to have to get back to my company and clean my equipment for work tomorrow morning.

Good Night, My Boo. :wub:

Enjoy your company. :)

Vg, I'm going to head out of here. Thanks so much for hosting my party. I hope you are ok down there with the snow/ice. I know places like that don't have the means to cope with it so it's just as much of a pain as what we are facing up here...

Sweet dreams!

goodnightsunsetfinal.gif

Thanks for the concern, Mon Cher. :wub:

It's only on the grassy areas. The streets are wet from the ice melting. It's 27º out now, but I don't think that's considered a hard freeze here. I guess we'll see what tomorrow looks like.

Good Night, Lisa. I was glad to be your host. :)

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa

Gr8Scott

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2012
Ifaitoldzya, Umytszlapmi
Hi Scott:) ... almost missed you ... was just logging out to go to bed and read a new book I got ... have to work tomorrow, or I would stay up and shoot the breeze with you.

Do you have snow?

Yeah,I just came in for a fly by. No just gray skies, dreary actually. I've got to finish messing with the kitchen, see you maybe tomorrow :)

Have sweet dreams and kisses of moonbeams :)

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread