Status
Not open for further replies.

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
So I got my 25' of XC-116 wick back from my buddy yesterday. He has a kiln and fired it for me. Still flexible and when cut stays rounds and doesn't unravel. Had to mod the top plastic and the ceramic to allow for the fatter wick. All I can say is WOW WOW WOW.

Flavor is rich and abundant. Using Kanthal-D .20 with 5 wraps of coil and ending at 2.0 oHm. Right where I like it. 3.7v on my Provari. Awesome everything.

It is everything everyone has been saying about it.

Repent

mwebmaster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2011
Ireland
As I haven't chance to order XC-116 outside the US - I ended up buying XS-116 from omega uk

yes it have max working temp 400 degrees lower that XC but works not too bad in my Iatty

I can't say the taste is a way better comparing to Cetin's wick or E2 but I can feel the diffrence ))
one XS-116 fits the ceramic very well - using it with nichrom 0.2 resulting impedance of 1.2 ohm - quite ok for GGTS on single IMR battery

Repent

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Central Oregon
Sounds good Repent please keep us updated if you don't mind on how long you go before having to clean ect. Hoping to get some treated nextel in the next couple weeks.

Hey Fright;

yeah I've been monitoring the thread on how often people are having to clean the wick. I'd love to have a solution that lasted even two days until the funky taste shows up. With the wick I had been using, the 1/16" FG wick from the Wick Store I have to clean/dry burn the coil every night to get it tasting good.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Hey Fright;

yeah I've been monitoring the thread on how often people are having to clean the wick. I'd love to have a solution that lasted even two days until the funky taste shows up. With the wick I had been using, the 1/16" FG wick from the Wick Store I have to clean/dry burn the coil every night to get it tasting good.

I feel the same way. I am strongly thinking about reproducing Ricks's setup next paychect to see if it fares differently for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread