Low Nicotine Comfort Snuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
As requested by Sunset here is a thread for the low nicotine snuffs. I am starting to try and use these ones in the evening and before bed to prevent sleepless nights from an overindulgence of nicotine.

I call these comfort snuffs and all of them that I have and use are pleasing to the nose, after all I see no point in sticking something stinky up your nose if it is not delivering you a hefty dose of the Big N

I must be honest and state that the low nicotine snuffs are not my favorites, after all I am a nicotine addict so I tend to love the ones that deliver my drug, but the low ones have there place in a well balanced snuffers world. After all we should try and have balance in all that we do.

With that being said…….let the thread begin.

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
This snuff is very fine and a bit on the dry side. It does not need much of a review as it is Lavender pure and simple. If you like lavender you will like this snuff. It is pleasing and I use this one a lot as my bedtime snuff, lavender is said to be helpful in calming the mind.
The nicotine content of this one seems very low, I once took this one to work with me and used it as my all day snuff, I was amazed at how much of it I used in one day. I was pinching every few minutes.
So as a nicotine delivery snuff this one is not it, but it is a wonderful snuff to use when you are relaxing in the evening.

I have to add that I noticed on the snuffreviews.com that everyone who reviewed this snuff has it labeled as a medium nicotine. I disagree. On a scale of 1-5 I would have to give it a 1, for scent I give it a 5 although the scent does not stay with you for very long.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Dg.....Your review skills are far better than mine,but I'll give this one a go! This is a great "All Day snuff folks. Mild menthol that leads into a wonderful tobacco scent after the menthol fades. Thie Nicotine content is Low,therefore I seem use it more often than most of the other snuffs I have.Very nice medium brown color and quite light and fluffy.The combination of scents tends to last 10 minutes at best for me.For the first timers out there this is a great snuff to start with whether your a menthol lover or not! I give this snuf a 5 out of 5:thumbs: for its all day effectiveness.

:)The Wiz!

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
This one if difficult to place on the nicotine scale.

I am trying to use a scale of 1-10 for deciding where a snuff goes as to low or high content. Chococreme would fall around a 4 so it leans toward a medium but is for sure a comfort snuff (at least for me) so I figured I would stick it in here.

There are two types of the Chococreme, both are very good.

Virginia based: This is a fairly coarse grind, but it is easy to take and easy on the nose. Try and get it all in the front because Molen's does tend to have a throat drip if you take it in to far.
This is a creamy chocolate scent and it lasts for some time, the scent will refresh for me an hour later if I walk outside. The chocolate scent is strongest at the beginning of the snuff and then fades to a rich tobacco/chocolate combo. For me this snuff in both versions kicks the Swiss Chocolate right out of the ballpark.

Latakia based: Grind is the same but this one is dark and rich and reminds me of a dark moist rich chocolate brownie, not sweet like Swiss Choc but like a dark chocolate bar. This is some very very good snuff.

I have gone through my Virginia based and will not be buying more of it only because the Latakia is so much richer. I would try them both as they are both awesome, if you love the Swiss Chocolate you might find the Virginia based to be your favorite.

As stated above there is sufficient nicotine in there, as the snuff satisfies and I do not need to use it constantly, but the nicotine is low enough that you can snuff this one in the evening without fear of laying awake all night doing OTD's "Look at the pretty stars" routine.

dgriego

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
New Mexico
This one is a Schmalzler and it comes in a bag. I was not really happy with this snuff upon first trying it, nicotine content is low, and it is not very flavorful, but over time one can tell that the snuff is very well made. It is very easy to take for a Schmalzler, I have no trouble getting it in my nose and keeping it there.
The snuff is a nice pretty chocolate colored blend, medium grind. The scents that I get from this one are faint, I get hints of pine and smoke, it reminds me somewhat of walking through a pine forest but nothing like the AP, the scents are faint and elusive.
This is a snuff that I could take large quantities of without issue. It is smooth and easy on the nose.

If you are looking for something low in nicotine, mostly tobacco but with faint scents, this is a very well made snuff, it just does not do much for me. I come back to it from time to time and it has grown on me a little each time but I cannot see myself buying this one again.

It does have a lovely history to it, it seems this snuff is made by a gentleman in Germany near the Bohemian Forest who is reputed to be the very last independent snuff maker. From what I read he is a one man snuff company and he makes this snuff and two others. That alone was enough to inspire me to try it, perhaps I will at some point try his other two snuffs, although all three are said to be low in nicotine content.

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
Hmm MChrystals OG is a medium to me... but then again you're far more experienced than me!
Dg.....Your review skills are far better than mine,but I'll give this one a go! This is a great "All Day snuff folks. Mild menthol that leads into a wonderful tobacco scent after the menthol fades. Thie Nicotine content is Low,therefore I seem use it more often than most of the other snuffs I have.Very nice medium brown color and quite light and fluffy.The combination of scents tends to last 10 minutes at best for me.For the first timers out there this is a great snuff to start with whether your a menthol lover or not! I give this snuf a 5 out of 5:thumbs: for its all day effectiveness.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Hmm MChrystals OG is a medium to me... but then again you're far more experienced than me!
gashin....When compared to most of the other menthols snuffs I use....I do find it to be mild. I do have a vast assortment to compare it with though! I would definatly rate it Top 5 in the "All day" snuff catagory!

Adding 2 lovely finds..

Both Jaxons...

Coffee Creme... Light coffee less creme smooth.. it is a moistish grind seems rough but it is just well moist.

English toffee... HOLY EFFING YUM! tobacco sweet moist and well toffee.... buttery sweet toffee. the hang time on this alone and while vaping DIYflavorshack caramel machito is enough to drop someone in a diabetic coma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread