Low Resistance Attys....again

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I've been using an LR atty with 510 Mega Power bats. (the long ones).
I've really been enjoying this combo. The 510 slim-line look and feel with a 901 D cart feels right to me. Balanced. Light. I can walk around with it lightly clenched in my teeth without head-aches etc. I always know where it is.
I also have an eGo which I like for it's longevity but other than that I don't get a better vaping experience. It's heavy and I sometimes feel like I sucking on the tailpipe of a bus....except it tastes a hell of a lot better!

The question is, what kind of life can I expect from the Mega bats? The texts say to only use the LR attys with 450mah and above. The 510 Megas are rated at 280.

So far so good. I get great vapor. TH etc.

Am I over taxing these bats? Shortening their life? If so I'll just stock up on more for the reasons I mentioned above.

The LR atty (from TW) is holding up just fine. 2 weeks so far. Going strong. I have heard to not expect that....

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
You are most certainly taxing them a lot. Your LR attys are delivering significantly more wattage (heat), and thus the batts are probably not lasting as long between charges. In draining them very fast, you are likely changing their composition inside, and they will likely soon not charge to a full 4.2V. They don't have the capacity to really handle the current load.

I do not know if this is dangerous. I guess be careful and see. Its probably a great vape! It will likely be more expensive though in the long run. If for whatever reason there is a problem, like a fire, which can happen with charging if the batt is really altered internally, please post something so others will know.

Good luck! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread