LR Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.
A low resistance cartomizer has stuffing or batting in it. It must be kept super-wet all the time or it will singe. A LR atomizer has no stuffing and requires a drip tip. A great one is the LR306 from Cisco (Avidvaper.com) -- with a nice Delrin drip tip you can drip away without any burned lips.

jrm850

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Southeastern US
I've got some LR cartomizers that I have a similar problem with. They get too hot and burn the juice if I take a long drag. If I use them with a manual battery I push and release the button a couple of times during the draw and it works great. I think that drawing on it when the battery is off also helps wick more juice to the atomizer so it stays nice and wet. It's a cumbersome workaround but it definitely works very well.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky

wrigleyvillain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Chicago
Oh that makes more sense. Yeah that carto may be really low ohm (extra LR). If you don't like vaping it due to the warmth anyway I'd just ditch it altogether as it could hurt your battery. Not very likely but possible.

Actually what is your battery? Don't use LR with anything "less" than a standard eGo.

mlinky

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
Kentucky
Oh that makes more sense. Yeah that carto may be really low ohm (extra LR). If you don't like vaping it due to the warmth anyway I'd just ditch it altogether as it could hurt your battery. Not very likely but possible.

Actually what is your battery? Don't use LR with anything "less" than a standard eGo.

She's vaping a REO Mini, so it is a 3.7v battery.

lemonshrew

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
A, A
No I'm not. What I was/am using is actually a LR Cartomizer not an atty. It really does get too hot for me. Maybe I'm just a wimp but even my husband agrees it get pretty warm for him. But thats the LR carto.

The drip tips are great even if you're not dripping. My husband still uses prefilled carto's but I got him a drip tip and he really likes it. Those carto's can get pretty hot. You can get inexpensive ones like this. You can also get pretty ones like this. I have the chocolate cherry one:2cool:!
I really like the feel of the drip tips, and they don't get hot!

Last edited:

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
Yeah old carts work fine though of course you have to temporarily remove it to do the actual dripping. But I tend to do that anyway to lessen the chance any juice gets in my mouth from the walls of the tip.

I wasn't talking about dripping, although they do work just fine if you don't have a drip tip handy. I was talking about cartos. LOL!

BiffRocko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
A low resistance cartomizer has stuffing or batting in it. It must be kept super-wet all the time or it will singe. A LR atomizer has no stuffing and requires a drip tip. A great one is the LR306 from Cisco (Avidvaper.com) -- with a nice Delrin drip tip you can drip away without any burned lips.

If you get a Cisco 1.5 ohm, get the XL (extra long) drip tip. Cisco's burn hot and if you don't like heat, you'll want the long tip to mitigate that somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread