LR Atties...Where...When?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfdpl686

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
New York
www.flickr.com
From the 3 I received today, aside from the loose fit, they work.
In my case it's been realyl difficult to break them in, two have that nasty "metal" taste after blowing them several times. I'm vaping VG to remove that taste.

One seems to have bigger air holes because I can hear the air and the drag is different.

Tip.. I just discovered an amazing trick... Using one of those "blowers" to clean cameras, you can crean them, brak the seal easily. I have a giotto medium, so I'm guessing the bigger one would do a great job! And those are cheap...

OmahaVapor

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Omaha, NE
I just got 5 of LR attys today from him and already fried one. It was my fault tho I believe so it is what it is. Not mad at all. Just trying the second one and so far so good. Making sure to keep it really wet. Put in 5 drops to start. Take a couple very short drags and top it off. It does have that metal taste a little bit. Overall loving them so far with my XShaler I also got today.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
I also noticed that the carts seem a bit loose, but I'm using a Supersix T-Tip exclusively now, and it fits like it was made for it. Maybe no one as noticed this yet, but the LR atties also seem to be a couple of mm longer than standard atties. I've been burning all three of mine for a few days now, and no problems yet. One had a slightly blocked hole, which seemed to be because of some internal component. Wiggling a pin in the hole a little moved the blockage to the side, but the draw is still a tad tighter. This makes no difference in operation, however, and I'm absolutely loving these things.

It sounds like a few are blowing, but I think we are still in the experimental stage with these. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the kinks get worked out. We should consider ourselves "beta" testers. Or if you want to get crazy, call yourself a LR atty pioneer!

Jimbo52

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Chicago
Got 3 LR attys yesterday. Popped one on my new TW 'Tornado' (Ego) and I'm in heaven! I'd been using a Prodigy V2 and a PS Pass-through with original 510 attys at 5 volts, but the vapor production on the LR attys Kicks A**!! I haven't picked up my V2 in two (2) days, I am sold on 3.7 vaping on a LR atty!!!

The LR atty is 1 ml. longer than a 'traditional' 510 and empty plastic carts are fairly loose; but overall, it's the vapor - GD Awesome!

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I've been using the same 2 for 3 weeks and they're still going strong. I don't notice the vapor thing, doots, but I do notice that I like them much better after the battery has drained quite a bit. They do seem too harsh for me on a freshly charged battery.

And the diminishing flavor is kind of a concern for me. I wish the vape was as flavorful as the regular 3.7.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's funny but the exact same LR atty doesn't have nearly the flavor when I pop it on a tornego battery. If I use it in my Woody w/ 18650 the flavor SINGS!! Pop same atty on tornego bat and flavor is muted a bit. I really think the LR atty and 18650 batty combo is SWEET :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread