LR atty build quality issue: Anyone else experiencing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AiricR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I edited my post...But really guy's Its not rocket science to screw on an atty and apply 3 drops of liquid to the Bridge...Or am I missing something.

And whats up with the Tornado knocking?...Isn't it just like yours....An atomizer screwed on to a battery ?

Is there some kind of E-Voodo that must be applied ?

Do Tell...

Patiently waiting for my How To Guide......

PriestSLC

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2010
Spanish Fork, UT
I have been lucky with mine, I have yet to kill any of my LR atty's I got from Drew, I have tried other brands mentioned in this thread and they did not have the same performance as Drew's LR atty's, I noticed my base is a bit off but c'mon, it is a atty... some glue or a well placed crimp at the base... Wala! vaping happiness resumes.

Thanks for carrying these Drew!

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
when did these attys come out? wasnt it when the Phidius was born. anyway i got my LR atty when i bought my phidius. It was so great i bout some more a few days later. To this day i am still using the atty. its the 1.5 ohm LR atty with the stainless steel tube. at the time Drew had some 1.618 also but i think there all gone now. so i opened up a 1.618 and started using that one few times. still great and fantastic vapor and TH. so i put that one back away and went back to my first LR atty again. still working strong as hell.
all i do is when i done vaping at usually 3 am lol. i do a quick dry burn. very very little not like Damulta did just a few times. then after that when it cools off (cause its way too hot to put your lips on teh tube after a dry burn) i blow any remaining stuff out. usually most of it is out with teh dry burn.
then i put the atty away for the nite.
thats all i do and everything is just fine. so far anyway. I think they are fantastic but the only thing i dont like is nothing to do with the LR attys. i just dont care for the 510 901 801 style. i get juice in my mouth alkl the time. i like cartos better. but i still use these LR attys a lot even though i get some juice in my mouth. not crazy over dripping but dipping was much better back in the old days. anyway thats it. happy vaping all

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
Is there some kind of E-Voodo that must be applied ?

That made me laugh...I imagine a little voodoo is required although no chickens need be sacrificed for good vapor.

Keep in mind for a month now these have been available and the majority of people having issues are TornEgo users that seem to be new to vaping altogether. Higher voltage (or wattage in this case) vaping is a different animal than just using a standard TornEgo, and we have listened to many come here and blame the atty, supplier, build quality, Bernie Madoff, etc for their atty problems while more 'experienced' people are having few problems at all. While not true in every case it is a definite trend and I was simply thinking a howto might help some people save atty's and $$$ by sharing experience. These atty's are great and Drew really took a risk when first making these available, it's hard to watch them get bashed undeservedly in most cases from what I can tell.

Also, try an Xhaler / XShaler & LR atty if you want to see why the Tornado has moved to my backups backup. A true 5V+ mod or even true 3.7V and LR atty will knock your socks off! :thumb::thumb:

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
I have a robotic lawnmower. Tis tres kewl. It doesn't relieve me to "go and do other chores" since I usually just stand there and watch it mow... as I happily vape away.

:D

hehe...is it approved for highway travel so you could program it to come here and mow? Never mind, its raining - otherwise I'd be out with my boring manual mower.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I have a robotic lawnmower. Tis tres kewl. It doesn't relieve me to "go and do other chores" since I usually just stand there and watch it mow... as I happily vape away.

:D

thats funny. man i need to be outside weeding and getting the ground ready for some new plants. ah screw it i will just tell my wife i was dizzy all day what the hell

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
So I recently ordered 4 LR attomizers and received them yesterday. I've noticed that on every one of them, the metal sleeve that makes up the exterior of the atty is loose at the bottom and will slide off of the threaded base, exposing the internals of the atomizer. Also, due to not gripping the base worth a damn, they're quite difficult to thread into the battery (I have a Silver Bullet), and have to have pressure applied downward to get them to thread in w/o spinning the sleeve.

I've also noticed my carts (both the whistle tips purchased with the atomizers, as well as my existing cartridges) want to fall out from within the sleeve of the atty as they fit extremely loosely. Surprisingly, sometimes their grip to the atty exceeds the sleeve's grip to it's base and the whole thing falls apart when trying to remove the cart.

What gives? Is anyone else having the same experience with these atties? Did I just receive a bad batch? I paid good money for these things thinking I was going to get a well built product. My experience thus far indicates quite the opposite!
TW has a warranty for DOA only. All suppliers should at least offer the same.
The LR Attys from TW DO NOT WORK ON THE SB, and BB, there seems to be a connection problem. Now they do work on 901 devices with the adapter to the 510 atty.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Where do these atomizers come from. I believe they all come from China. I realize there are different brands but the same brand from different suppliers are coming from the same place. How could one be better than the other. The prices should be about the same, not $4 more.

Martha,

I have listened to you whine and moan and rattle on about warranties and LR atties and costs for days if not weeks now. It has gone way past ridiculous.

Here's the bottom line: You personally shouldn't buy a LR atty from anybody. They are cutting edge, high performance items that are new to the market. They will probably have a short lifespan, will possibly be inconsistent, and probably won't have any form of warranty. They're not for you. PERIOD.

You should continue to shop for the lowest price knock-off 510 atty that you can find, hope that it has a warranty, and run it at whatever voltage that you want.

Those of us who are willing and able to pay a premium for enhanced performance, cutting edge, and "getting it first" will continue to do so. We are fully aware of the fact that we may be paying a premium for these devices and that some of them may die right out of the package. We're educated consumers, are familiar with supply and demand, and are smart enough to know that just because two things come from the same country.. they're not necessarily the same.

Sheeesh!

Ionredline

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2009
Lawrenceville,GA
I think Scott may have had a good point in another thread that the Ego with the cone on is too hot.The cone is designed to retain heat and these atties burn hotter than a regular attie.Both my LR atties from Drew popped with the cone on.I could be talking out of my ... but I believe that may be the issue at this point.

In my case I'm switching to a 5 volt and handing the Ego to the wife.

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
Scottbee very well said. Martha really think about it. maybe you should use a cartomizer. they are the easiest to use. i use them myself and even those are starting to have lower ohms. i cant mention web sites but the supplier with the greatest warranty (we all know who that is right). they have premium cartos. they are great and if they dont work you call them up or email them or pm them in private and tell them your problem and they will help you and most likely send you another. and plus extra stuff too. i am dead serious. But if you go on the open forum and say something about your product isnt working and i got screwed or how come i dont get a warranty, trust me they will attack you like cougars in the jungle. if you have a problem with any supplier email them or pm them and tell them your issue. im sure they will take care of you. i used to go there long time ago. you can put 30 drops in a carto and forget about everything and just vape away. so like Scottbee said maybe these LR attys are not for you right now. but im sure they will get better down the road. so in the meantime use cartos. and with cartos you can get loads of vapor and heavy TH just like attys.
happy vaping Martha let us know how you make out. i wish you best of luck.
Cos

OmahaVapor

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Omaha, NE
I have to put in my 2 cents on all this also. I bought 5 LR 510s from Drew and they are awesome. Like they said DOA means they didn't work the first time you tried them I think Drew tests all his attys before he ships them off to avoid things like this. Its very easy to test an atty with a multimeter to make sure it works. Every atty I buy I test first thing to make sure there are no DOA's. I have never got a DOA from Drew and doubt I ever will. If you fried attys after 3 or 4 drags then unfortunately IMO thats on you not Drew. You can question the quality of the atty but pry 98% of people on here that have LR attys love them and don't have issues with them at all. I fried one after 3 drags tossed it with my other dead attys and got out another LR atty I got from him. It was my fault I fried it no one else's. I read more post on the NHaler forum and took other peoples advise and haven't had any more issues to date. I have been using the same atty for 2 weeks now and I am a heavy vapor. The most important thing IMO is you have to keep the atty wet. If it dries out it will fry. I put 5 drops in to start. Take a couple drags and put in 3 more drops. As soon as I lose flavor at all I top it off. Sorry for the long post but just had to say some things that were on my mind.

Also you shouldn't talk about other vendors on here. This forum is for NHaler products and NHaler product ONLY. I made the mistake once too and wont do it again. That is what the reviews section is for. Always and I mean always contact Drew through PM first or send an email to him from his site before posting on here. I have only had one very very minor issue and I emailed him and he resolved it within hours and I do mean hours. Theres my opinion after this and by the way I will continue to pay $12 an atty. I think they are worth the money. Keep up the good work Drew and I will always support your products.

Last edited:

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI
I have never got a DOA from Drew and doubt I ever will. I will continue to pay $12 an atty. I think they are worth the money. Keep up the good work Drew and I will always support your products.
That's exactly what I was going to say!

Keep it up, Drew! Let me know when you're coming to my neck of the woods, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread