LR atty build quality issue: Anyone else experiencing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2010
Bernville Pennsylvania
I'm newer to vaping then most here using mostly Nhaler products and haven't had any issue so far with the LR atty's on the Phidius or the Xhaler they are still going strong. I did kill a couple of LR atty's for a (to be determined situation) on another product but so far all is well with the LR atty's for a new guy.

Oh joy, another LR atty problem thread by some guy with 11 posts here and a Tornado/SB/ whatever...
maybe there should be a test or something to be able to buy the LR's;)

I sincerely apologize. I forgot that post count was the sole measure by which ones intellect and legitimacy were measured. "My bad" :rolleyes:

As far as the performance of the atomizers, they "work". They heat up and produce great vapor. Unfortunately, they also came apart. I had searched and not found any information regarding whether or not anybody else had ran across the same issue I had.

I've exchanged e-mail with the vendor and am going to send them back so they can inspect them. Hopefully it'll be a done deal then. Didn't mean to start a pissing match.

Last edited:

CHUCKLEHEAD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Redneck Rivera
i'm newer to vaping then most here using mostly nhaler products and haven't had any issue so far with the lr atty's on the phidius or the xhaler they are still going strong. I did kill a couple of lr atty's for a (to be determined situation) on another product but so far all is well with the lr atty's for a new guy.
aren't the woodies great? I love mine:d

jwquantrell

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Auburn, WA
The most important thing IMO is you have to keep the atty wet. If it dries out it will fry. I put 5 drops in to start. Take a couple drags and put in 3 more drops. As soon as I lose flavor at all I top it off.

Very well put and very very important with these attys. It is just like using a regular 510 on HV.

That is exactly how many drops that I put in mine to start them and it works very well.

Regards
Jim

CHUCKLEHEAD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Redneck Rivera
Chucklehead oh yeh man the Phidius woody is golden man. every nite when i put it away i wrap it in a nhaler bag then put it in a homemade wooden box. all my mods have cases.
I know it's so well made! By far my fav box mod! Nothing like waking up with a WOODIE and some good old hv 555:evil:

vandrixfly

Mar 30, 2010
Chicago, IL
I got 2 of these while waiting on my big battery 3.7v mod.

When the mod came I blew em out and fired em up, one worked fine, but the other was painfully hard to pull through. I checked out the air holes and one of them, the main one on the bottom, was COMPLETELY plugged: That is to say it wasn't drilled out completely/filled with solder/D.O.A. Tried to get a pin and push it through the remaining metal to no avail, so I contacted Drew via e-mail, pm, and opened a ticket on the website...took them 4 days to respond with the reasoning:

"We can't replace tampered attys..."

All I did was pull out the wick and try to diagnose the air-hole problem. The atty itself was sent defective. 12 bucks??? C'mon guys...I agree that they need some more time perfecting these puppies but those of us that give an honest shot at the ones provided now don't have to be given worse service than those who buy "warranteed" products.

Last edited:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Thats not really fair...I got a ticket from you yesterday (9:39am 4/22) and a PM last night around 9pm....We answered your email at 1:30 am this morning which stated that you removed the wick before you tried them and then plugged it into your passthrough set at 3 volts...The rest of the description was unclear as to what happened, but you did mention you stuck it with a pin and a rubber conector fell out...We (me)test all our atomizers as soon as we recieve them for continuity to make sure the Ohms readings are correct, so short of being smashed during delivery, we are confident that they are NOT DOA...HAd you said that one wasnt working properly before you removed pieces of it, we certainly would of had you send it back for replacement...
You certainly cant expect us to return disected atomizers if they dont work?
We have made several anouncements as to our warranty policy with these and oter HV applications, due to the delicate nature of thier use...
Im sorry that your dissapointed...
Drew

Last edited:

vandrixfly

Mar 30, 2010
Chicago, IL
I remove all wicks prior to using my attys. That wasn't the problem here. The problem was on the other side of the atty, where the main air hole was plugged...Not really something cause by removing wicks. My bad if I had so much confidence in your product to "assume" it would work. I've never had a problem with stopped-up atty connectors, and to be honest, I didn't think to look there, Drew.

On the other hand, I'm super stoked with the other LR atty I got from you guys, and I understand not being able to warrantee these due to the new nature of product. But if it's fairness we're speaking of, the problems with this atty were not caused by myself, but in manufacturing. I'm not an unfair person but I do feel like this problem was on your side of the court.

I did send an e-mail to you guys on the 20th when I first tried them. Don't know if it was the best primary contact, but that's the time frame I was referring to.

Last edited:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
With all do respect in your email dated 4/22 you said something like
"I picked up the (mail or attys)to clean and inspect them for the first time today."
I am not trying to argue, but if you recheck your sent mail, you will see what Im talking about...
Prety sure you could check your Pms here as well...Again Im sorry we cant replace attys (especially these ones ) that are modified...
Drew

vandrixfly

Mar 30, 2010
Chicago, IL
There's really no use dragging it on; debating on times and specifics isn't necessary. You sent me one faulty atty. The right to claim DOA apparently doesn't exist for me in this situation.

Your working product I'm crazy about. But I don't understand your renown for excellent customer service, as if one relatively inexpensive component is enough to displease a customer in any way, much-less a new and active customer with a new and imperfect technology. That, I believe, is understood about these LR attys. I'd be more apt to rethink my opinions if you'd only asked to see the atty in question instead of retorting with blindness.

Up In Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Just throwing in my two cents of experience with these LR attys...

I got one with my Phidias Woodimus and purchased 6 more when they first became available.

ALL 7 of them have worked and continue to work as expected. All were in the 1.5-1.6 ohm range resistance and no DOA or popped/fried attys.

I have used these primarily on my Woody and Silver Bullet with the LiMn 18650 High Drain battery. I have also used it on my XHaler with an 1800 mah 17670 L-Ion protected battery.

Besides the huge clouds of vapor at standard voltage, I have also noticed that these attys at 3.7v operate very similarly to how a std. atty does at high voltage. They get hot faster and use a lot more juice than a std. Joye 510 at std. voltage.

Many folks who have not used high voltage mods before are experiencing the same learning curve that high voltage vapers experienced with their first HV mods.
There's been a lot of good suggestions here for getting the most out of these LR attys.
The most important to me is: Keep them wet and keep the drops coming!

I look forward to the continued development of the LR atomizers and hope they get a bit more affordable in the near future :)

Ed

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI
My .02

LR atty's from Nhaler are AMAZING! They burn hotter then LR atty's from other vendors and all 16 that I got from Drew were blowing my socks off right out of the box. I had one die the other day only because I left it soaking in isopropyl alcohol for 2 days by mistake. R.I.P my little babe, you will be missed (and replaced soon)!

debook

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
CO
VF...I doubt any company would issue a refund or replacement on an atty where the wick has been pulled out or otherwise modified. It's BS that you question Drew's customer service because you took it upon yourself to modify the product, he's responded to you and been clear about his policies as far as LR atty's go. Enough already...

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI
vandrixfly said:
debook. If it really wasn't clear enough in my last post, I'm over it. You can be too:) Ya live and learn.
It's probably because your last post had many words to be truly "over it" including an insulting statement near the end. Not trying to stir anything up just pointing out how I read it from "outside the box".

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
well , i wouldnt have believed it but it also has happened to me, my original black lr atty's are working fine but the ones i received today already had 2 deaths, im about to try the third one.

these are the stainless steel ones, the first died after 3 pulls, the second after 30 minutes. and yes i handled them with care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread