Status
Not open for further replies.

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama
The atty's I got a Libert Flights had a similar issue. I went through 3 refillings of the cartridges thinking it has to burn out that God aweful taste! Finally, I took the atty's to the sink with just hot water running and rinsed the heck out of them. Then took them and blew really hard several times through the battery end over a paper towel. I repeated this 3 times each and the crappy taste went away for me. I guess sometimes they put more primer in than normal, or it spoils sitting in there for an extended period of time before it gets to the user. Its worth a try!

Pneathery

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
Surfside Beach SC
I don't know too much about LR attys, but I do know about cleaning attys, do what Mvgratz said, that's what I do, but at the end I put some drops of something "neutral" (I use my tobacco juice) in it, let it sit for a minute, then blow that out, I usually repeat a few times, till the last time I just "prime" the atty and don't blow it out, I've done this with every new atty I've ever used (except for the first one, I didn't know then), and every time I blow one out, I do this too. I drop the clear juice into an atty I'm blowing out, and blow that through it till all I get is clear juice being blown out the other end. Some people say I'm wasting ALOT of juice, but I figure if I have to clean them, I want to clean them with what taste I'm putting in them.

brian1g

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2010
Texas panhandle
I would blow out all the old juice and primer and start over. After its blown out good start with 4 drops and let it sit for a couple minutes then drip 2-3 more.

The flavor may be the problem. Chocolate and coffee flavor always taste burnt and funky to me and its even more amplified on a hv device or lr attys.

shwa311

Jan 9, 2011
Rochester, NY
thanks all. I will try a cleaning although I never really seem to have much luck with it. My atty’s never really seem to work “the same” when I’m done. I’ve never really used anything other that water so we’ll see. I am using a macchiato so maybe with the LR that is it. I’ll try my tobacco as well.

I wonder too if I’m becoming numb to the taste as well. I haven't really been tasting much out of any of my attys or cartos.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
If you've just started vaping, then your tastes buds are probably still out of whack. It can take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks for your sense of smell and taste to return to normal. I'm nursing a cold right now and nothing tastes like it should because of my stuffy nose. Yes, smell directly affects taste.

LR atties can be a bit tricky. You have to keep them wet and you shouldn't use carts with them. LR atties run hotter than standards and carts just can't wick fast enough to keep them wet. They're meant for dripping only. If they aren't being kept wet enough, then that can cause them to taste and smell horrible. Dripping should start with 3-4 drops on the bridge. Vape until the vapor production drops off and the flavor starts changing, then add 2-3 more drops and repeat the process.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Shwa311,

Flood that LR with more like 6-8 drops and vape it like this and then it should run better for you, you probably already burnt the wick on it though since it taste so bad, also before you use a new one fill it up to the bridge to prime it and let it sit for a bit with a condom on the bottom end with the liquid in it, this is my method for breaking in an Atty and it insures your wick of not being burnt and a good start

shwa311

Jan 9, 2011
Rochester, NY
Thanks again for all the help. It seems I melted a cart so I’m setting that atty aside. Probably don’t want to vape plastic.

I gabbed a new one.
Blew out the primer.
Started dripping and it seems better.
I didn't realize how much more you have to drip in comparison to a regular atty. I usually only dripped 2-3, vape, repeat. It definitely requires a diff style and I”m still not sure I like the amount of “heat” on some of the ladder pulls. I’m more of a volume vapor and dripping so much liquid seems like it could get messy.

I’ll see what happens through out the day.

Nitebreed

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2011
Pittsburgh
I have the same problem though I do not have the LR Atty. I just have the regular 510 Atty's from Liberty Flights and since yesterday afternoon it has tasted horrendous. I have tried cleaning the original one I was using, but I think I destroyed the wick in the process. So I tried the other atty that came with the kit...same taste. I tried breaking open a new cart...same taste.

I had ordered the eGo-T atomizers (2) and some tanks last Thursday but they won't get here until Monday or Tuesday. Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread