Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiritAir

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
Louisiana
After hearing really great reviews on these lil devices, I decided to order 2 of them. got them in quick. Had one that was not working...it popped the second i pressed that button. 8-oNothing after that. zero..
Now after 3days of use, the second atty went out also. :(I ordered these from Nhaler. Sure wish I could have enjoyed them a lil more. Prob wont order these again..at $12 a pop. So I have resorted going back to my old faithful, reg atty on my 3.7 volt BB. :confused: What a short lifespan..

jasezero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2010
NJ
I thought I was the only one experiencing this. These TW atty's seem extra thirsty and they don't hold onto liquid very well. Keep at it though, I'm pretty sure they get better with time. If all else fails, give the nhaler ones a try... I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I hope so...its actually been closer to a week...weird thing is, the juice I use never has problems with clogging attys. I only had to clean them when i switch juices (Kick e-liquid). And these get gummed up after a couple days use? Weird.

But yeah if they don't get better (i really hate leaking juice), ill order a couple from nhaler.

KuiHiggins

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Honolulu, HI
After hearing really great reviews on these lil devices, I decided to order 2 of them. got them in quick. Had one that was not working...it popped the second i pressed that button. 8-oNothing after that. zero..
Now after 3days of use, the second atty went out also. :(I ordered these from Nhaler. Sure wish I could have enjoyed them a lil more. Prob wont order these again..at $12 a pop. So I have resorted going back to my old faithful, reg atty on my 3.7 volt BB. :confused: What a short lifespan..
Sorry to hear about that SpiritAir. Make sure to keep LR atty's really wet if you do give them a try again. It sounds like you were letting them get a little too dry, because these burn hotter, faster, so they go through juice faster then regular 510's. I'm glad I got all of those tips straight from Drew before I placed my order.
I hope so...its actually been closer to a week...weird thing is, the juice I use never has problems with clogging attys. I only had to clean them when i switch juices (Kick E-Liquid). And these get gummed up after a couple days use? Weird.

But yeah if they don't get better (i really hate leaking juice), ill order a couple from nhaler.
Let me know how it goes jasezero! My one wish is that everyone could have problem-free adventures with LR atty's. Despite the slightly lacking performance of the TW ones, I've been really enjoying all of my LR atty's... I can never ever go back to a regular atty again!

chichigrk

Jan 20, 2010
chicago,IL
ive had the lr attys for a week now out of the 7 i ordered i have only two now:(
first one was awesome worked fantastic for three days then one morning two drops two hits then nothing. popped on another atty dripped 5 drops five hits then nothing, a little ...... i tried reviving both no luck.
put on a third atty lasted an hour, and broke an ego battery no led and battery would fire an atty without bottom pressed. fourth atty worked but when i went to take it off the tubing came out exposing naked atomizer.
fifth atty worked well for a day, today it too pooped!!
the lr atty are awesome when they work... too many kinks in them for me to order more...may try the 1.8ohm ones, if they last average at least two weeks then ill be sold.

Anyone know who makes them is it joye???

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
ive had the lr attys for a week now out of the 7 i ordered i have only two now:(
first one was awesome worked fantastic for three days then one morning two drops two hits then nothing. popped on another atty dripped 5 drops five hits then nothing, a little ...... i tried reviving both no luck.
put on a third atty lasted an hour, and broke an ego battery no led and battery would fire an atty without bottom pressed. fourth atty worked but when i went to take it off the tubing came out exposing naked atomizer.
the lr atty are awesome when they work... too many kinks in them for me to order more...may try the 1.8ohm ones, if they last average at least two weeks then ill be sold.

Where did you get yours from?

SpiritAir

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2010
Louisiana
Maybe we got a bad batch....i did keep mine wet..although that first one went out like lightening!!

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
No issues what so ever. I bought 2 from Nhaler and they were very harsh and I sold both but to be fair I think I did'nt clean the machine oil or whatever that moisture is on them or so I was told by the person who bought them from me (they loved them)...anyway I bought 2 more from TW and cleaned them properly. They are grrrrrreat. Still using them with my eGo (going on 3 weeks). Everyone said they die faster than the regular 510 so I bought 3 more just in case. Still have those 3 as backup but the 2 are going strong as they did on the first day. Im sold.

I will be getting a true 3.7v mod soon (eGos are 3.1v I read) and Ill find out if they last as long or if their life is shorten any.

skeetr

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Roseville,ca
I saw that they are selling 901 and 801 in LR as well at altsmoke. I just had to order a few. The 510's I got from TW are still working great.

I'm not sure if there will be much difference in flavor since they are still 1.8 ohm like the 510. If the difference is a matter of threads I'll stick with the 510.

Last edited:

jasezero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2010
NJ
Sorry to hear about that SpiritAir. Make sure to keep LR atty's really wet if you do give them a try again. It sounds like you were letting them get a little too dry, because these burn hotter, faster, so they go through juice faster then regular 510's. I'm glad I got all of those tips straight from Drew before I placed my order.
Let me know how it goes jasezero! My one wish is that everyone could have problem-free adventures with LR atty's. Despite the slightly lacking performance of the TW ones, I've been really enjoying all of my LR atty's... I can never ever go back to a regular atty again!

Mine still leaks like crazy. And there were a few fibers coming out from under the bridge that I pulled out the other day. I'm going to try the LR attys I ordered from MadVapes when they arrive and see if I have the same problem.

Could also be due to the blue foam i'm using. Still experimenting with the proper size.

bassnut

Crumby Jokes
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I've been using the same LR atty for the last 3 weeks - chain vaping.
I use it mostly with 510 mega bats because I don't like large PVs.
Occasionally I'll use it with my eGo. I keep it WET. I don't drip and never let the cart go dry. After blowing the LR atty out if it floods, I always prime it with 2 or 3 drops before attaching an (almost) full cart. (PTB straw mod)

The 510 mega is rated at 260mah and not recommended to use with an LR atty but it works really well for me. It will probably shorten the bat life for sure but for now I'm rotating 5 of them. The LR atty does get a little hot if hit repeatedly too often. I got the mega bats and LR attys from TW.

...and yes they can leak like a SOB right after filling the cart. It isn't worth it to fill them to the top. The excess just leaks out.

Victor Frankenstein

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Canada
I received a LR 510 atomizer with my new eGo this morning.

I charged both my eGo batteries, put a regular atomizer on one and the LR on the other. I primed both, popped on a couple full cartridges and dragged side by side.

After about 30 minutes puffing away on both I could not tell the difference between the two.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I've been using 1.8Ω LR attys and prefer them to standard 510s. The taste is about the same but vapor production is definitely better.

I need to clean them more often (using a small ultrasonic cleaner) but it's worth it for the better performance.

I tried the 1.5Ω type but they seem to die quickly or develop a burned taste.

MsSki

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Fort Rucker Alabama
Maybe it is mind over matter but I love my LR atties, Been using them for over a month. I like the vapor i get from them and they do run hotter IMO but they keep me happy :)
Yesterday i had got some cartos in and I think i would have loved the cartos had i not already tried the LR atties, the cartos are not putting out the vapor i like and I use VG, so i will give the cartos to hubby and hog the LR atties for myself...hehehe i know im bad

Tara

tazzmann

Accessories Supplier
ECF Veteran
I have been using LR attys on my eGo since Saturday and at first I couldn't tell the difference, but now I can. I can take shorter puff on my eGo and get the same amount of vapor as a normal puff on a normal 510 atty. I will definitely be ordering more LR attys. Th regular ones just don't feel right any more. I am pretty much a dripper myself now and have tried dripping on both and the LR attys DO use more liquid.

tazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread