LR306 vs LR510

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefinder808

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2010
Nashville
I've had the good fortune to try both the Cisco LR306 atty, and the Cisco LR510 atty and here's my humble comparison: I really love the LR510 it has great vapor production and throat hit, plus you can get a SuperT T-Tip for it (classy). The downside of this atty in my experience is that maybe 3-4 days into use it becomes somewhat erratic in it's performance. Maybe that's just me and I need to clean them better but that's what I've found. I also love the LR306 it's a tiny little workhorse. The draw is a little slower on it than the LR510, you have to hit it a little longer to get the same amount of vapor, but aside from that it gives great vapor and throat hit. The impressive thing about the LR306 is it's consistancy, it hits like brand new after 5 days. However, it is a little juice ....., I get about 4 good hits off 3 drops whereas with the LR510 I could get about 6 hits. You can see how it's hard to choose between the two but I've got it down to this: When I'm at home and I've got free hands I use the LR306 because it's awesome. When I'm driving or can't be dripping into the atty every 5 seconds I use a relatively new LR510. (Well sometimes I just drip every 5 seconds anyway and use the 306...I shouldn't be allowed on the road) Anyway ECF that's my thoughts on those two wonderful, beautiful Cisco attys.

Thanks,
TheFinder

P.S. You can get Cisco LR306s
from altsmoke.com, vaporflow.com,
and cloudsofvapor.com. there's probably
more but that's all I know of.

P.P.S. SuperT informs me that he's making
an awesome T-Tip for the 306...can't wait!

thefinder808

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2010
Nashville
I haven't metered the attys, unfortunately I lost my multimeter so I'm going to have to buy another. They are both rated at right around 1.5-1.7 ohms though. Yeah almost everyone is out of stock of the LR510s, the only ones I could find were from Litecigusa.net and they have pretty good prices...believe it's 7.89 per atty. BTW I've not ordered any attys from EastMall, I'm too impatient to wait that long for shipping from China.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The reason why I ask for meter reasons is that I believe the Cisco's read different than the other LRs, both in 510 and 306. I have not tried the Cisco's but I am familiar with both LRs and with my taste it is opposite 306 then 510. Of course that is entirely subjective as I said as I haven't tried the Cisco's and was wondering if the resistance was playing a difference.

thedudeabides

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2010
Boston
The reason why I ask for meter reasons is that I believe the Cisco's read different than the other LRs, both in 510 and 306. I have not tried the Cisco's but I am familiar with both LRs and with my taste it is opposite 306 then 510. Of course that is entirely subjective as I said as I haven't tried the Cisco's and was wondering if the resistance was playing a difference.

I don't know what they run for sure, but by taste, most likely very close to 1.5. I switch off between the Ikenvape LR306 rated @ 2ohms and these Ciscos depending on the juice/device and its a BIG difference in heat.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I have Cisco LR306's and Cisco LR510's . Clouds of Vapor has Cisco LR510's and I pick up the 306's from Vaporflow. For those that have asked above I ohm out all my atty's and the Ciscos are ALWAYS dead on. I have 18 - 306's and 5 - 510's the range on these (they where not all purchased at the same time) is between 1.45 and 1.52ohms.

I prefer the 306's and use the 510's on flavors that a more delicate since the 306's can mute or wash out weak flavors.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
I have a handful of Cisco LR306 atties and they all meter at 1.5 ohm except one that came in at 1.4 ohm. IMO, these atties kick some serious .... at 3.7V! To me, they provide the best TH at 3.7V than any other atty and provide a much better flavor than LR510s. Obviously, to make them work at their full potential, it is important to use them with high drain batteries (if using smaller batteries) or any 18650 battery...

Here is a list of current vendors which was provided by Cisco:

ELP
Vaporflow
LiquidXpress
Createvapor
Altsmoke (V2's)
Nhaler
Volcano
DigitalCiggz
Clouds of Vapor
CherryVape

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Thanks folks I am totally cool with that. I thought the Cisco's came in at 1.8 which would have a difference in the original post. I know they are fabricated with nichrome supplied by Cisco and built with specific tolerances. I have also come to find out that design and build make a difference as well and, performance is not always the result of resistance.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
I have to agree, the Cisco LR306 are way better than any LR510s I have tried, more vapor and flavor, along with consistency. I did have to remove the wic though to avoid that burnt taste.

I usually don't like modifying atties because many times it causes them to leak or not wick properly but with Cisco's LR306 atties, removing the wick is a must, IMO. They seem to perform so much better and provide a much better flavor...

EagleHawk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2009
Huntington Beach,CA
I usually don't like modifying atties because many times it causes them to leak or not wick properly but with Cisco's LR306 atties, removing the wick is a must, IMO. They seem to perform so much better and provide a much better flavor...

I absolutely agree. Removing the bridge IS a must with LR 306's. I was having a bad go with them, until I started pulling the bridges... Now they are little monsters, as previously stated they are juice eating monsters, but with an awesome vape on a single battery, you really can't complain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread