lung hits on evod/pt ?? ideas how to mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
so all these threads about airflow size issues with kayfuns and whatnots, got me thinking.

i currently use protank/evod style tanks that use those coils - will upgrade in the next month or so when i get everything downpat on what EXACTLY im looking for.

my protank bases are all drilled out, each of the 3-4 base holes are all 2mm, the centerpin and chimeny on all my coil heads have a bigger then 2mm hole. i have ben "lung hitting" these since i drilled them months ago - all the while i notice it still has a "pull" when trying to lung hit.

any one have any insight on how to further increase airflow/wicking for full lung hits? besides drilling a new hole, and angle grinding the wick slots bigger on the coil heads(not trying to expose brass to my juice now...) is there anything else possible, or something i should look at/fix/mod?

people complaining about a 1.8mm airhole kayfun being 1.2 - in theory my evod has 2mm airflow - and is very restricting to me.... really has me wondering if it time to upgrade to more current setups

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
More and/or bigger airholes, thinner gauge wire around a smaller mandrel. or a larger mandrel for vcore coils, If you are rebuilding.
32g or 34g(if your a ninja) around 1-1.2mm mandrel, and a 3-4mm mandrel for verticals. Those would give you an airier draw.
Also, and i didn't believe this at first, WIDE-BORE DRIPTIPS! Really do make a huge lung hit difference.

sig-153231.jpg

fogging_katrider

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2013
Tennessee USA
Start by throwing away the protank 510 base. Replace it with an aerotank base and you'll see a major improvement in air flow and no more flooding or gurgling btw.

All that drilling you're doing now is useless unless you get around the major air flow restriction that is happening inside that stock 510 base where the center pin insulator is squashing outward and partially blocking the air flow between the intake holes and the bottom of the center pin.

see this diagram...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...anger-protank-airflow-fix-protank-airflow.png

The aerotank base cures that problem since the air flow arrives at the center pin without that air blockage problem the stock protank 510 base caused. The aerotank base will use the normal kanger single coil heads when you use it on a protank.
Kanger Upgraded Stainless Steel Original Aerotank Base.

hth

Brandon David

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Start by throwing away the protank 510 base. Replace it with an aerotank base and you'll see a major improvement in air flow and no more flooding or gurgling btw.

All that drilling you're doing now is useless unless you get around the major air flow restriction that is happening inside that stock 510 base where the center pin insulator is squashing outward and partially blocking the air flow between the intake holes and the bottom of the center pin.

see this diagram...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...anger-protank-airflow-fix-protank-airflow.png

The aerotank base cures that problem since the air flow arrives at the center pin without that air blockage problem the stock protank 510 base caused. The aerotank base will use the normal kanger single coil heads when you use it on a protank.
Kanger Upgraded Stainless Steel Original Aerotank Base.

hth

I can second all of this.

The airflow is still a good bit restricted for a full on lung hit without leaving a bit of an air passage between your lips and the drip tip though.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
so all these threads about airflow size issues with kayfuns and whatnots, got me thinking.

i currently use protank/evod style tanks that use those coils - will upgrade in the next month or so when i get everything downpat on what EXACTLY im looking for.

my protank bases are all drilled out, each of the 3-4 base holes are all 2mm, the centerpin and chimeny on all my coil heads have a bigger then 2mm hole. i have ben "lung hitting" these since i drilled them months ago - all the while i notice it still has a "pull" when trying to lung hit.

any one have any insight on how to further increase airflow/wicking for full lung hits? besides drilling a new hole, and angle grinding the wick slots bigger on the coil heads(not trying to expose brass to my juice now...) is there anything else possible, or something i should look at/fix/mod?

people complaining about a 1.8mm airhole kayfun being 1.2 - in theory my evod has 2mm airflow - and is very restricting to me.... really has me wondering if it time to upgrade to more current setups

Do you have a set of small screwdrivers or drill bits?
If you check the centerpin hole at the base of the coil head, you may find that some are smaller than others; use the small screwdrivers or drill bits to check.

Also the evod type tanks often the airhole opens on the eGo threads, so you get some tightness there; with the miniprotank base, the outer airholes are well above the eGo threads. The miniprotank bases can also be used on the protanks, but you just need to add a second silicone cap to seal the space above it so it doesn't flood/gurgle.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
If you're open to different systems, I have some opinions. If you're set on replaceable coil tanks, the Aspire Atlantis has massive airflow options. If you're not against building your own coils, try the Eleaf Lemo. It's a kayfun style single coil base with very nice adjustable airflow as well. Both can be had for around $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread