Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondlvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Goldsboro, NC
www.facebook.com
I've been vaping for 2 years now. I've always mouth inhaled as I used to do with cigarettes. Since vapor is a lot easier on the lungs than cigarettes, I'd like to learn how to lung intale. I've watched several YouTube videos and just can not seem to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions for someone trying to learn how to lung inhale? .

diamondlvr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Goldsboro, NC
www.facebook.com
I know what lung inhaling is supposed to feel like as far as my chest rising but I just can not tell when vapor is in my lungs. I'm not blowing clouds as big as I've seen others do. I'm using a Cloud Chasers RDA with a .19 build on an IPV2. If I am lung inhaling, I can not tell I"m doing it. My son looks when I exhale and he keeps telling me that I'm mouth inhaling because of the amount of vapor that comes out of my mouth.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
At first I really don't notice to much of the vapor filling my lungs but I can feel it crossing my tongue, when I do notice it is on the secondary inhale. Without stopping once I remove the drip tip from my mouth I finish with a small inhale of just air. I'm not really a cloud chaser I run at .4 ohms on a Reo but I do love nice thick flavorful vapor and have found this is what works best for me.

loll88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Maybe you can try this method, treat your drip tip like it is a straw in your favorite drink, sip on it like how you you will drink liquid with a straw doing it continuously without having the need to "swallow" any vapor. To know whether you're taking in any vapor, what I like to do is placing the tip of my tongue just slightly behind the drip tip while inhaling, you should be able to feel the warm/cool vapor brushing across the tip of your tongue. This is how I started, I'm no cloud chaser but just love doing lung inhales as I get to enjoy the flavor of my juice.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I know what lung inhaling is supposed to feel like as far as my chest rising but I just can not tell when vapor is in my lungs. I'm not blowing clouds as big as I've seen others do. I'm using a Cloud Chasers RDA with a .19 build on an IPV2. If I am lung inhaling, I can not tell I"m doing it. My son looks when I exhale and he keeps telling me that I'm mouth inhaling because of the amount of vapor that comes out of my mouth.

You said increasing the power as was suggested in your other thread helped vapor production. What do you have the watts set at now?

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Around 22-25. Sure isn't 50 watts.

With a 0.19 ohm build and the thick wire that implies, I suggest you increase power by 5 watts at a time and see what happens. Keep going until you either get to max power or dislike the vape. I run my Mutation X at about the same resistance at around 60 watts with a fresh battery and I can tell that I've inhaled. Vapor production is huge with high VG juice and deep inhales. It's not even a warm vape either with 6 air holes open. Also experiment with length of draw and speed of draw.

IMO what you are experiencing is kind of like driving a race car at 40 MPH in second gear and wondering why it's not a better experience :)

The other thing to keep in mind is the amount of air flow you have open should be appropriate for the power you're applying to the dripper. More power needs more air flow which means you also need to draw faster.

If you get to the point that you don't want to apply more power and you still don't like the vape I suggest you rebuild the atty at say 0.3-0.4 ohms and vape it again. Start at say 20 watts and increase in steps. This setup will be a lot less aggressive and may be better for you. It will certainly need less power and less air flow to shine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread