The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lung Inhaling

Discussion in 'Cloud Chasers' started by diamondlvr, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. diamondlvr

diamondlvr Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 31, 2013
    Goldsboro, NC
    I've been vaping for 2 years now. I've always mouth inhaled as I used to do with cigarettes. Since vapor is a lot easier on the lungs than cigarettes, I'd like to learn how to lung intale. I've watched several YouTube videos and just can not seem to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions for someone trying to learn how to lung inhale? .

2. BowTieGuy

BowTieGuy Senior Member

Give it a try without any kind of vaping device! Try inhaling with your lips pursed, kinda like reverse whistling. That's the basic motion for a lung inhale. Once you get the feel for it without anything else, then give it a shot with whatever you are vaping on! Hope that helps!

3. diamondlvr

Dec 31, 2013
    Goldsboro, NC
    I know what lung inhaling is supposed to feel like as far as my chest rising but I just can not tell when vapor is in my lungs. I'm not blowing clouds as big as I've seen others do. I'm using a Cloud Chasers RDA with a .19 build on an IPV2. If I am lung inhaling, I can not tell I"m doing it. My son looks when I exhale and he keeps telling me that I'm mouth inhaling because of the amount of vapor that comes out of my mouth.

4. ReigntheGamer

ReigntheGamer Account closed on request ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2014
    At first I really don't notice to much of the vapor filling my lungs but I can feel it crossing my tongue, when I do notice it is on the secondary inhale. Without stopping once I remove the drip tip from my mouth I finish with a small inhale of just air. I'm not really a cloud chaser I run at .4 ohms on a Reo but I do love nice thick flavorful vapor and have found this is what works best for me.

5. loll88

loll88 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 7, 2014
    Maybe you can try this method, treat your drip tip like it is a straw in your favorite drink, sip on it like how you you will drink liquid with a straw doing it continuously without having the need to "swallow" any vapor. To know whether you're taking in any vapor, what I like to do is placing the tip of my tongue just slightly behind the drip tip while inhaling, you should be able to feel the warm/cool vapor brushing across the tip of your tongue. This is how I started, I'm no cloud chaser but just love doing lung inhales as I get to enjoy the flavor of my juice.

6. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    You said increasing the power as was suggested in your other thread helped vapor production. What do you have the watts set at now?

7. diamondlvr

Dec 31, 2013
    Goldsboro, NC
    Around 22-25. Sure isn't 50 watts.

8. Ryedan

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    With a 0.19 ohm build and the thick wire that implies, I suggest you increase power by 5 watts at a time and see what happens. Keep going until you either get to max power or dislike the vape. I run my Mutation X at about the same resistance at around 60 watts with a fresh battery and I can tell that I've inhaled. Vapor production is huge with high VG juice and deep inhales. It's not even a warm vape either with 6 air holes open. Also experiment with length of draw and speed of draw.

IMO what you are experiencing is kind of like driving a race car at 40 MPH in second gear and wondering why it's not a better experience :)

The other thing to keep in mind is the amount of air flow you have open should be appropriate for the power you're applying to the dripper. More power needs more air flow which means you also need to draw faster.

If you get to the point that you don't want to apply more power and you still don't like the vape I suggest you rebuild the atty at say 0.3-0.4 ohms and vape it again. Start at say 20 watts and increase in steps. This setup will be a lot less aggressive and may be better for you. It will certainly need less power and less air flow to shine.

9. diamondlvr

Dec 31, 2013
    Goldsboro, NC
    I tried drawing faster and that helped also. Thanks for the tips.

10. Ryedan

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    You're welcome. Hope it works out for you.

11. jdake3265

jdake3265 Super Member Verified Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Santa Ana
    With warmer builds you can tell, with a .18 build on my mech i can start getting breathing exhaustion or some sort of throat irritation after a while.

Also it is like when your nose is plugged up when your sick and you have to mouth breath, but deeper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.