M1A1 Tank HELP Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Ok guys and gals, I gave myself a little quality time just getting to know my Buzz. (Love It!!!) So tonight I figured I'd get adventurous and make friends with my M1A1 tank, only it isn't going so well. It's more than highly likely noob error, :blink: so I thought I would turn to all you tank experts in hopes of some guidance here.

I punched a hole near the bottom of the tank (great!) insert my carto, fill, (now I'm getting excited, it looks cool as h*ll), apply juice to top of carto until it looks slushy....take my first vape and YUCK!!!! Burnt filler like whoa!!! Keep trying, lungs are hating me so I let it sit for awhile and keep looking into the top of the carto, topping off a couple of times. Vape again, it's a bit better, but not long before that awful taste returns. (I'm vaping too much and VG juice isn't wicking fast enough are my thoughts) Also realized that I was covering the vent holes on the adapter with the bottom of the tank and that's why I was getting hot juice into my mouth a few times, so I slide the tank up a tad which then seemed to partially cover the punched hole.

I disassemble, sucking up as much juice as I can into the filling syringe (thanks Buzz, I love that thing!) as I can, then punch another hole into the other side of the carto. This time I even make sure I've poked it through by inserting a sewing needle to make sure I feel the stuffing. Reassemble and it sounds like I am sucking through a straw, gurgling. WTH?!:?:

I realize that once a carto gets singed (and boy did I ever singe it first time around) that taste can hang around and sometimes it's ruined so that's a possibility. Between vaping that burnt filler and trying and retrying I've given myself a headache (lol) so it's been sitting now for a bit. I'm going to try it again, but wanted to throw my dilemma out there as I'm sure you guys have been there, or know someone who has. HELP! :facepalm:

I love the idea and the look of the tanks, but man is it giving me a time of it! Should I assume that I ruined that carto and toss it and try another? Should I bag this punch thingy and get something to slot them with instead? TIA

Last edited:

moorea

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Marion, MT
phiniac.com
Hey Tracy,

Doesn't sound like your first experience was as bad as my own. I too burnt the carto and found that it was done. If you do burn the carto by using it dry... I suggest chucking it. I am sure others will have better advice, but after my first burnt experience this is how I have done it since and have never experienced a bad burnt taste since.

I drip in 5 - 6 drops, then put the carto between my hands and spin the carto by rubbing my hands together really fast. Then add 5 - 6 more drops (keeping track of how many drops I have added total) and spin again. I repeat until I have added around 30 drops or so. I also tend to blow very lightly into the carto after spins to make sure it is not pooling on top. This method has worked for me and gotten the carto nice and moist avoidong that horrible burnt taste. Then pop the carto in the tanlk, fill you should be good to go. Sounds like a long process but it really isn't, 1 or 2 minutes.

Another way to do it, is to put in the cart, fill the tanks and wait for the juice to seep into the hole(s) enough to moisten the carto. After that burnt taste experience I decided better safe then sorry so when I was using this method I was waiting 40 - 45 minutes. Likely overkill, but better safe then that horrid burnt taste.

Hubby fills the carto with a syringe before putting it into the tank, but I find when he does this it is gurgly to start and he often has a little leaking at the start of a new carto, so I haven't tried this method.

Finally after filling a new carto, you won't have to do any of the above again until you replace the carto!

As for the adapter, I don't use one. You do want to make sure the holes you punched are inside the tank, so an easy fix would be to punch your holes a little higher.

Don't give up yet, there is a slight learning curve and once you get it down you will love using the tank.

Last edited:

908Tracy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2010
NJ
Thanks Moorea!!! I did just throw that sucker away after trying it again and getting that same horrid taste. My gosh, my lungs are not happy and I swear I will probably still taste it tomorrow!!! Bleck!!!

I am not giving up, not by a long shot. I WILL make this work for me. ;) Love the look and the concept and am so darn tired of topping off cartos all the time.

I didn't even fill the carto first as I was unsure if it would leak.....so you KNOW I done burned that sucker!!!! lol Oh Live and Learn!!!! :facepalm:

Thanks Moo!!!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I put mine completely together. Then I fill the carto like I would any carto (the fusion takes 25 drops) . Then I fill the tank last. It get's flooded a little at first sometimes but it burns off. Some of my tanks do sound like a straw but not my M1A1, it works perfectly. Be careful tightening the screw against the carto because sometimes it warps the tank just enough to get an air leak then juice comes out the bottom.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Well I'm using an aluminum liquinator tank and fusion cartos. I slot my cartos with a Dremel so the slot is close to the bottom. A fusion bottoms out because of the bottom lip on it. It stays in one place in other words. The aluminum top cap comes off easily and I fill from the top putting 5-6 drops in the cartos. Then put the top cap back on and the drip tip. 2-3 short drags and I'm good to go. It's quite easy.

908Tracy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    Thanks Fran!

Sorry for the crappy phone picture, but here it is!!

BuzzProM1A1Tank.jpg

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    The Buzz Army rocks! And way to go Tracy...you did it!!

I'm having issues with my Fusions clogging really bad this last week. I've been thru 2 and got a Boge in my M1A1 since last night :( I don't know if I had a couple of bum Fusions or if it's my new DIY juice...I'll see how this Boge lasts.

I used that new, higher RPM rotary tool I bought last night and dayam!! It's like going from a moped to a Harley LOL. My first cheapo was a max of 16k rpm and the new one is adjustable up to 30k rpm...it skeert me
    MG_109.gif

908Tracy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    LOL @ it skeert me!!! Would probably scare me too girl! :p

Sorry you are having issues with your fusions, or juice. That sucks! Hope you get it figured out soon. I am going to look into a cutting wheel for my nail machine (like a dremmel) to slot them in the future.

I do like watching the little bubbles rise after a good vape!!! I know, I know, I'm easily entertained!!! lmao

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    I'm easily entertained too Tracy :p

Fran, I don't wanna hear it's my juice (even tho I know you're prolly right)!! I have a new recipe that I can't get enough of LOL. Caramel, coconut, white chocolate, and cookie...and it is happy mouth! The recipe came from Salem except I substituted Coconut where she uses Toffee. I didn't have any clogging with her version using the toffee. This Boge is going on 24 hours so we'll see how long it lasts.

Oh, and I got my smart girl hat on today and figured out how to attach the flex shaft to my new rotary tool
    girl_cool.gif

Last edited:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 17, 2010
    South Carolina
    Ohhhhhhhhh flex shaft is on my Christmas list.

Maybe you have clogging coconut.

I went el'cheapo and got the rotary tool, flex shaft and 160 pieces at Big Lots for $25 ;)

I've never had any problems with this brand of coconut flavoring but maybe it's the whole combination. I don't want to keep throwing it in my Fusions if it's the juice cuz I only have a couple of Fusions left :(

Where for art thou Issac?!

908Tracy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 29, 2010
    NJ
    I went el'cheapo and got the rotary tool, flex shaft and 160 pieces at Big Lots for $25 ;)

I've never had any problems with this brand of coconut flavoring but maybe it's the whole combination. I don't want to keep throwing it in my Fusions if it's the juice cuz I only have a couple of Fusions left :(

Where for art thou Issac?!

Oooooooo! I have a local Big Lots, and I think I will have to go peek around for that rotary tool thingy soon. I was going to offer you some coconut juice to try if you wanted, but it isn't a flavoring, it's already a mixed juice. That recipe sounds YUMMY!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread