Status
Not open for further replies.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
That's what I figured. I have another tank with a filler port and it's too small as well.

BUZZ, (Mike?)

Ever thought about, or tried, to make the hole just a tad larger? If the M1A1 hole is about the size of what I've seen in other tanks. It is so close to being fillable with a bottle... (I actually did it once or twice without making too much of a mess.)

Seems to me like a slightly larger hole wouldn't hurt the performance... or structure of the tube. I'm sure you all know better.

Just a thought for us lazy folks.

EDIT: Thanks Bovinia!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Sliding the carto down and doing a top fill, hold the tank/carto at an angle and putting liquid in through the top hole, really is pretty painless and fast. I do this 3x total per day, the orings are holding up well. Just loosen the screw and slide the carto down, retighten once it is back in position.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I completely understand not wanting to fool with a syringe outside of home. I spend most of my time at home so I use a 14g needle on a 5ml syringe. Last time I went to my Dr. he gave me several...he's fascinated with my BP and tank setup. He says he always knows when I'm waiting in a room because he can smell the sweetness of my caramel cookie vape :)

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Yep. I agree marc. It is easy to pull, tilt, fill, replace... And thank you others for the tipped bottles!! I may check them out, but am also worried about pocket friendliness with those.

But.... I'd still like to hear from buzz if he ever considered or tried just a slightly larger hole. If it would work... I would think it would just be another ease of use improvement. But, I'm don't know if it would compromise the tube, more likely to leak... or something.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
Yep. I agree marc. It is easy to pull, tilt, fill, replace... And thank you others for the tipped bottles!! I may check them out, but am also worried about pocket friendliness with those.

But.... I'd still like to hear from buzz if he ever considered or tried just a slightly larger hole. If it would work... I would think it would just be another ease of use improvement. But, I'm don't know if it would compromise the tube, more likely to leak... or something.

well you could drill and tap a larger hole , the one in it is a 6-32 , 8-32 is the next common size up.

vikki59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA the North Bay!
Dang, Dang, Dang.... Ok, I'm vapin oh-so-happy w/my bp and ip, w/801 fusion carto tanks when alluva sudden I get that dreaded, nasty, tastes like you lit the filter, burnt carto taste. WTH?? So I look closer, yep carto is bone dry.. Do some dry hits, okay a lil better, but not enough, so I take my syringe, shove it down the side, fill it up, and it's good for a while. Lasts longer if I keep doing the dry pulls. Now I know this carto is toast, I'm just trying to figure out what happened alluva sudden.. Then my bp does the same thing??? Now that carto I did cover the small hole w/a condom gasket (it had 2 holes) per 5c's tip, and it was soaked w/juice when I put it in the tank 3 fills ago... Now I've gone thru 3 fusions in as many weeks w/2 tanks. I ordered my tank on the 3rd.. So here is my ?? Is this normal for a tank. Seems like they last most folks much longer.... Some ppl say months, but I'm not so sure I believe that. The hit did seem to be getting a lil stiff on one, but the other one I'd just put on it. I didn't think that burnt cartos would be an issue w/broken in cartos, only the new ones if you didn't let them soak. I am punching holes w/a saddle valve, and it's about the standard size of hole. I use my own diy juice, which is almost clear, probably less than 10% flavoring and no added sweetners (use cotton candy to sweeten). All TPA flavorings and RTS nic/pg/vg @ 70/30ish pg/vg and 12ish nic. So my juice is pretty clean. I changed out one carto cuz the hit was too stiff, so that is purty much what I was expecting from my tank carto's on their demise. Not this burnt caw caw :). So is this normal?? TIA

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
I'm having this same problem with my main DIY vape in the Fusions Vikki :( It's pretty light colored and I don't use sweeteners but I know it's just this flavor I have trouble with. My Fusions really do last a month (at least) with my secondary vape, which is Natures Flavors Caramel Cream @ 20% flavor.

What flavorings and brands are causing you problems? Mine is Flavour Art Caramel that causes the issue, even tho it's in a recipe that uses 5 flavors! The center tube in the carto gets gunked up so much that the carto can't wick.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I run 22 - 24ml of eliquid through a carto, same as I did before my tank, just that I don't have to refill constantly. I've used the same diy liquid as my all day for 11 months, so have lots of time with it both before and after switching to a tank.

It is important to consider how much one vapes, which is why I use ml. Some people really spike consumption, between going to the notcigs VV and switching to a tank. I doubled consumption, from 3 - 6 ml/day, with my first infinity, and had a brief spike, 6 - 9, when I first went to a tank. Now I'm back at "only" 6 ml/day :)

(DIY cuts eliquid expense way down, and lets me cut nic gradually.)

arkador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2011
Texas
It is important to consider how much one vapes, which is why I use ml. Some people really spike consumption, between going to the notcigs VV and switching to a tank. I doubled consumption, from 3 - 6 ml/day, with my first infinity, and had a brief spike, 6 - 9, when I first went to a tank. Now I'm back at "only" 6 ml/day :)

I thought I was about 3ml a day with my old mod. But With my BP and this tank, I actually had a way of measuring it. Turns out I'm closer to 5-6ml a day (Drained a tank empty and most of the way a 2nd time yesterday)

vikki59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA the North Bay!
I'm having this same problem with my main DIY vape in the Fusions Vikki :( It's pretty light colored and I don't use sweeteners but I know it's just this flavor I have trouble with. My Fusions really do last a month (at least) with my secondary vape, which is Natures Flavors Caramel Cream @ 20% flavor.

What flavorings and brands are causing you problems? Mine is Flavour Art Caramel that causes the issue, even tho it's in a recipe that uses 5 flavors! The center tube in the carto gets gunked up so much that the carto can't wick.

They are all TPA flavors. That is all I've ever used. RTS nic/pg/vg. Really like those. As far as the flavors that is in my concoction: Caramel Cappuccino (12 drops), Caramel Candy or Vanilla Swirl(20ish drops), Cotton Candy (between 15 - 20 drops), Bavarian Cream (20ish drops), Kona Coffe (8 drops), and this is for 120 ml. Sometimes I put in reg Caramel instead of Caramel Candy, but not lately, hmmm, culprit maybe??. Obviously I don't use alot of flavor, but less seems more w/this recipe... Oh yea then I top it off w/a few drops of Magic Mask or Vape Wizard. I have sooooooo many flavors and just don't know how to mix the other ones... I do want to get some koolada. I've heard great things about it!

I have some Jooglers Blend from JJ, so I think I will fill one tank w/that and do a test... I just assumed since mine was all light colors that it wouldn't clog.. But now that I think of it, the caramel candy looks kinda sugary after it's sat for a while. If that makes sense. I usually have to shake it up before I use it.

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Vikki, even tho neither of us is using added sweeteners, both of our mixes are crammed full of sweet flavors and caramels. I'm pretty sure the reason that the Natures Flavors Caramel Cream doesn't clog is it's alcohol content. It is a very light tasting caramel, in contrast to TPA of FA caramel flavors.

It doesn't make any difference whether or not I'm using a tank with this clogging juice, it still doesn't like cartos LOL. But I just...can't...stop....vaping it!

My days vary a bit but I usually go thru about 5ml a day @ 12mg. It's hard to tell because I have both Buzzes going with different flavors and I go back and forth between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread