Status
Not open for further replies.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden

Until they decide to make it more expensive than smokes, as is the case in sweden.

But yes i agree, DIY.
However i also don't know the extent of the ban so i'm not the right person to answer this question realy. But if DIY isn't banned yet, then that's an easy and clear answer.

And also if it's still legal, then be sure to bunker up. I wish i did ahead of time so bad. The only chance i had to bunker up i was foolish enough to ask here if it was a good deal or not. And while yes it was, they were all sold out.

Reason i mentioned this is as i recently saw a thread in e juice forums that mentioned that they're still in business. And got me annoyed at myself once again. :|

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
So the "mystery illness" is no longer a mystery, why not lift the ban?
Finding hardware is fairly easy, ordering juice is another story.

We don't know the real reason why they imposed the ban, though we can guess. Officially the reason was to save the children from the vaping epidemic, and they justified the ban under the spurious theory that flavors were the main reason teens took up vaping. The mystery illness was just a lucky coincidence for them. So even if the illness is no longer a mystery they still have to save the kids.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Check out what MA enacted today - they lifted their ban but signed in new regulations.
75% excise tax. Nothing but tobacco from convenience stores and gas stations.
Flavors are only available from vape shops. This includes menthol cigarettes too. Internet sales are banned. Seeing the craziness convinced me not to support any of the MA politicians in the primary. If they weren't busy running, they'd be supporting all this along with the group that was smiling away during the announce. If one of the MA politicians get into power they'll nanny state the nation till all freedom is gone.

Last edited:

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
We don't know the real reason why they imposed the ban, though we can guess. Officially the reason was to save the children from the vaping epidemic, and they justified the ban under the spurious theory that flavors were the main reason teens took up vaping. The mystery illness was just a lucky coincidence for them. So even if the illness is no longer a mystery they still have to save the kids.

And this is the reason the bans/regulations all around the world pisses me off so much.

Why not ban flavored booze while you're at it? Which is a much larger issue, especially if we're going to bring in the "it's the flavors luring them in topic"

Vaping became cool, just as smoking was way back then. Kids / teens are going to be kids / teens no matter what the regulations/bans. Rather banning it, will likley bring them more interest in trying it out.
Atleast i used to be that way as a kid, what i wasn't allowed to do was fun to break, and it was a "cool" thing to do.
So they're basically making the things worse for everyone, even more so for the people who's using this to quit smoking.

And if you're going to pick up a bad habit anyway, then vaping is better than smoking anyhow.
There's a reason sweden these days have an all time low in smoking. It's due we've snus as the alternative which also proven to be relativly risk free.
Also probably the reason vaping took so many years until actually became a thing here. And now that it is, we've same if not worse problems than US is facing. Our pricings and regulation is thru the roof. It's even cheaper to smoke than to vape. And smoking is considered expensive here. 4-6$ a carton. While a nic show 20mg/10ml is 5-7$ if you buy the cheapest brand.
Then we've other taxes and crap that makes all equipment 20-30$ more expensive vs US prices as well.
Let's just say they've gone a length to make it inconvinient and expensive to vape here.

//Quick edit add in here: We're also now taxed 10-20$ if buying stuff from china, just due the items being sent from china. Thanks to wish mostly. Due people ordered so many 10-30$ items from wish so they were severely understaffed for the task. Hence they figure, hey if you order from china you've to pay extra 10-20$ due the work they've to do. Hence most orders from china stopped. This is just a cheap way to earn extra money in my book.
So no more fasttech shopping either, or well i can and i still do sometimes. But knowing it's not as cheap anymore you will start lookin at local stores instead, which i support in the ways i can. But when they charge such huge overprice for items, i don't always want to support that. If that makes sense.
//end of edit

And now this scare with the spiked blackmarket juices, is just making it even worse. They're using it as a "See we were right all along, vaping is bad for you"

Ugh... Annoys me to no end. Sorry for going of tagent here.

Last edited:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
They know that the lung illnesses are from illicit black market carts.
They know vaping is over 95% less harmful than smoking.
They know that kids vape for the nic hit and don't care about flavors..
They know everything they need to know.
They know that a flavor ban and 75% tax will close all of our vape shops, put honest hardworking Americans out of work & some will probably punch their own clock, they know every angle they need to know.
They want their tax money and that's that.

They don't care about anything but money. They proved it.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
They know that the lung illnesses are from illicit black market carts.
They know vaping is less harmful than smoking.
They know that kids vape for the nic hit and don't care about flavors..
They know everything they need to know.
They know that a flavor ban and 75% tax will close all of our vape shops, put honest hardworking Americans out of work & some will probably punch their own clock, they know every angle they need to know.
They want their tax money and that's that.

They don't care about anything but money. They proved it.
Who is they?

Last edited:

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I definitely need to start learning DIY, but also where to get the Nic etc...
What took me by surprise with the Ban was how easy it was to shut down internet sales.
And BTW, why did the shops lawsuits stop once the CDC announced the what the "mystery illness" was? Seems like it would be an easy win.
Nicotine river is having a 24 hour sale on Black Friday. They rarely have sales because their prices are low. They have everything you need to start diy. I think they even sell kits that put together everything you need but diy in general is pretty simple once you start. Pro tip: don’t buy big bottles of flavors or a ton of them because they will not be banned and you never know what you’ll end up liking and using. Good luck to you and any questions you have will be answered or has been answered in the eliquid section on this forum.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
How can internet sales be banned?
Let's hope they challenge that one in court. But if they don't allow e-sales within MA, they won't allow them from outside MA either. So it's a total e-ban, not a selective ban. So maybe they can't challenge on damage/unfairness grounds.

The good news is that they've apparently acknowledged that the vape-shops card. So that's more suited to the save-the-children agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread