Made In USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Looking for a Buzz Pro (went in twice for repair at $30 + postage)? It is not going in a third time. Or maybe a Darwin, I lost count of that one.

So much for the myth of American made quality. 10 years ago I would not have purchased an American made car unless it came out of one of the foreign brands. And one of the divisions I managed supplied big engine lines to them-not to mention Harley. What a piece of crap! When you got down into the nitty gritty of quality control they way we did, the US motor industry was way behind everyone else. I am not anti-American, just a realist who was heavily involved in production and QC technologies on a world wide basis.

Detroit finally learned its lesson and actually makes a pretty competitive car now. It had to pay a bitter price in hundreds of thousands of lost jobs and huge chunks of lost market share.

The point is: not everything made in the US is good, and not everything made overseas is crap. We keep forgetting that the ecig originated in China, so expect most of the product to come from there. The problem with China is that there are so many clones and clones of clones floating around that it's hard to tell the original from a copy.

That should be no surprise since the market has exploded over the last two years with hardly anything in the way of patents so everybody who has a machining shop is jumping on the bandwagon.

I just got 5 Kaifun style clones from China (Fasttech) for less than the price of one original. The machining and workmanship is impeccable as is the functionality. Am I being unethical? Let's just say I am tired of other people using my money to fund dumb ideas that don't work. These guys did not worry too much about ethics when they sold me their junk.

My Pro Vari and Reo's have been bullet proof. They are the oldest devices in my collection and are still going strong. For those, I would pay good money, and, guess what, made in the good old US of A.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
IBTanked Carto tanks are made in the USA. I can't think of any clearo tanks that are, but the IBTanked Carto tanks are just as easy to use in my opinion if you follow their included instructions. There is a huge quality difference over the stuff coming out of China in my opinion.
Just the tank. The cartomizer is from China.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
The 2010 US Winter Olympic Team sported uniforms "Made in China". The uproar was on par stains on "the blue dress".

This year? All "Made in the USA". Ralph Lauren stepped in, "Not gonna happen again". All hand sewn in Compton, California at a cost of $1,000,000,000 - as in "One-Billion-Dollars".

Vaping "hardware" made here? It would boggle what's left of my mind. Manufacturing requires folks who want to work. A novel idea indeed. McDonald's workers want 15-Bucks and hour. What would an individual capable of running that CNC machine or other device be paid? Sadly we lost our REAL "entry level jobs" long ago. It would be great to see our wares made here but unfortunately I don't see it happening.

Senile Old Man Don

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Agree OP I struggled with quality issues on clearos. I also wondered and looked for ANY clearo that was made in the USA or Europe. IMO, China is aggressive at rushing products out that are subpar just to cash in as quickly as possible. Meanwhile, other countries that come up with really unique devices and great design are not getting the profit they deserve because China makes a cheap knock off that is a direct copy, profiting off of their work.

I don't mind buying a "clone" if they have taken the design and improved it or added features. But to just blatantly copy things and cash in on someone else's work? I can't support that.

If we want vaping to move forward profit needs to go to the folks that create, not the folks that copy. If vapers can't afford it, then save up... If you used to smoke you can come up with the cash in a reasonable amount of time, I don't buy the "I'm broke" excuse. But people don't care and will continue to buy crappy clones. When I showed pictures of a hot china clone of the kayfun actually RUSTED with minimal exposure to water, people put their blinders on. They would rather save $50 and inhale with harmful materials than support the original design. I don't get it. I think you can tell people that a Chinese device contains rat poison and they will still say they want it to save a few bucks, while China laughs it's way to the bank with their money.

Rant off :) peace.

Sent from my Provari Mini using Tapatalk

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
I just got 5 Kaifun style clones from China (Fasttech) for less than the price of one original. The machining and workmanship is impeccable as is the functionality. Am I being unethical? Let's just say I am tired of other people using my money to fund dumb ideas that don't work. These guys did not worry too much about ethics when they sold me their junk.

Workmanship is probably impeccable on the surface. They use iron screws that will corrode on you over time if you are using the fast tech KFL.

What do you mean with your comment about funding dumb ideas?

And you are right, they don't worry about ethics. They just copy and take your money in droves. Not sure that is justification for you not to be ethical, or to support their methods.

Sent from my Provari Mini using Tapatalk

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
The Russian is made in China. The name Russian was simply to give props to the original designer...and the name "Copycat" simply wasn't catchy enough.

I have a Made in USA head in an EVOD tank. I built it and it works great. Theres some videos on how to rebuild those heads and it's well worth the time. It's very easy. I did it just for something to do...I've gone away from those types of devices but it really works very well.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
It does not have to be made in USA but as soon as you start to play with items NOT made in china specifically in general quality goes up.
I have mods and attys from around the world and even a few things made right here. and the quality is alwaysa few steps above the cheap stuff coming from china.

In the end it isnt where its made it the class of items you use that has a deciding hand in overall quality. and yes before I get flamed people rebuild and rework cheap clearos to work better, but you should not have to. they can be rebuilt but they arent designed for it.

leave the cheap junk behind and step up and you will notice a big leap in quality of product and an increase in efficiency and vapor production.

as others noted the russian is made in china the kayfuns are made in germany.
A svoe mesto employee left the company and started making his own version, he at least did the right thing and didnt call it a kayfun or be a d**k about it and steal the logos.

The only thing I buy from china anymore are cloned items, but for a 90% discount on price "if" they are flawed I accept that for what I payed, and when they work great i feel like I made out.

do yourself a favor, if in anyway you start to consider rebuilding or modifying some cheap prebuilt or disposable crap - don't - toss it in a box and just get something that is designed to work correctly like it is supposed to.

the Lavatube was one of the first vv from america, but yea it wasnt the best quality, even the new ones come with a 1 year warranty now.

but in the end companies like SuperT, Provape and others prove American quality can run at the top of the pack.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I agree with Thrasher....as a cheapy can be rebuilt, a Kayfun is a million times easier to rebuild and the vape quality is far better. Genesis style attys work great, drippers work great...higher end gear, whether it be authentic or knock off, works better than the stuff you're presently dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread