Madvapes Dual Coil Mega Cartomizer (Smoktek Ego clear)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sickofanalogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
oklahoma
First off I want everyone to know that I am not experienced in using cartos at all. 90 % of the time I drip using my e-power or Ego. Seldom i will put on my tank. I really prefer dripping because to me, I get the most flavor that way. My tank tends to mute the flavors.
Now on to the review
I bought 3 of these and just got them in today. I filled one up with my tribeca juice, let it sit for around an hour, then screwed it on my regular ego 650 battery. I can honestly say I had never experienced full juice flavor until today. Clouds of thick vapor as well. The thing looks really huge. I think in the description maybe I read it would hold 5 ml. I used my dropper to fill it and got around 4 ml before juice ran out the bottom of the cart. I LOVE the rubber mouthpiece too and it reminds me of a drip tip. Using this cartomizer is amazingly simple for someone like me. I also bought a Smok dual coil cart in black but I don't know... I might in the end prefer the clear so I can see how much juice is left before next re-fill. I'm going to find out about how I might clean these carts for re-use when changing juice flavors. No leaking, no waste, no fuss, just mouthfuls of flavor so far. I would recommend these to everyone and I'm planning on stocking up on them soon.

Left out throat hit which is VERY important to me. It's there folks in a big way! I was vaping 18 mg of tribeca and feel I will have to bring it down a notch using these carts.

Last edited:

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
Good to hear somebody likes them. I just ordered mine and at $2.50 each I was hoping I would like them better than the ego mega cartos that have been around for awhile, they get cloggy after 1 refill and don't work well after that. I love the clear cartos. I like knowing how much is in each carto before leaving the house. Can't wait for mine to get here they shipped today.

sickofanalogs

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
oklahoma
Hey butterfly, thanks for that reply :) Ok I can report that I have refilled this once and no clogging whatsoever.. draw is same as first fill as is the taste and vapor. One thing I have to put on my list of to do's is get some lower nic juice as I have gotten sick at my stomach a few times today and I know it's from vaping too much. Can't seem to help it with this thing, the taste is coming through so I'm vaping more. Think I should go with the 12 mg? I vape 24 and 18 normally, no less than that.

LFC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2011
NC
I love them too, I actually prefer the black ones over the clears, for some reason I think the taste is even better on them, maybe they retain the heat better in the coil, but that is purely a guess.... I vape the same flavor pretty much all of the time, so I don't switch flavors in the carto, but I get 2 weeks out of one before I feel it getting a little tighter and for $2.50 each I don't even bother trying to clean them :)

flbutterfly1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2010
Interlachen, Florida
2 weeks is a good deal. I usually use the mega ego atty with the 2ml cart so I am used to the huge vapor. I have already had to knock down my nic to 4mg and even mixed some 2mg(I think this is useless could be 0 for all the difference). I really like cartos so at $5-10 a month it will be the same price of other cartos. I was gonna order one black and 1 clear but went with 2 clear instead. I think I will try the black next time.

Lethalp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Indiana
I too have been a big fan of these. I have been through all the sizes. Xl, xxl,xxl,and so on, lol. But I keep coming back to these. They will usually last me a good two weeks, so I have 5 or 6 of them that I rotate flavors in. I too mine off a couple times a day and have never had one get a burnt taste like I can have happen with my LR dc that hold a ml. I have only tried to clean them one time and it didn't work well. I proli did it wrong, lol. The reason I didn't care for the larger ones is because I felt the flavor was muted?

I have yet to have had one burn out on me, (knock on wood) and I throw them away when they stop absorbing liquid.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I got a few of the XXXXL (4XL) mega DC cartos (the black ones with the whistle tips) from Altsmoke when I got my new Silver Bullet and BB. I'm very happy with the one that I am currently using. Very nice flavor and plume. I have noticed that you go thru a lot of liquid with these, and that they like to be topped off between refills. I have not noticed any tainting of the flavor from the new filler material.

Overall, another nice option for a liquid carrier able to hold 4-5 ml if you have issues with tanks or clearos.

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
While organizing my vaping stash recently I stumbled across a couple of these Ego Mega Dual Coil cartos (black) with the big rubber drip tip. I guess I forgot about them after getting into experimenting with all of the versions of Vision clearos and tanks.

I must say...this thing puts out clouds of vapor...even when taking it down to 3.4 volts on an Ego C Twist! And the flavor isn't too shabby either. Glad that I also found a silver drip tip I had bought with them long ago. The rubber one that comes on these leaves alot to be desired.

It pays to go through your stash once in a while. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread