eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguy01

Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Cali
VadimGod, I'm generally the same, very conscious about keeping my cartos wet.

With the EMDCCs, I definitely had to fight this impulse, in order to actually take advantage of the bigger capacity.

So I did a test: I had to fight my impulse to top-off, and only refiledl one of my EMDCCs at the end of the day (or even every other day). I was regularly putting in over 2ml on a refill. I didn't notice any appreciable flavor degradation with the thing half full, or less. After I put about 30ml through it I convinced myself that it was "underperforming" so I wouldn't feel bad tearing it apart. :p The filler material seems much less tightly wound than on most cartos. I saw no evidence of scorching.

By way of comparison, I've had the "normal" diameter XL dual coils scorch badly (ie, burning actual holes in the filler material) even with constant topping-off. And I'm not a chain-vaper.

The caveat of course is that with all cartos there are variations, QC issues, etc - one of the giant EMDCC threads has reports of folks getting bad batches that scorch immediately, and then other batches that last for ages.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I like these, like the fact that they last so long, only issue i'm having, is that the draw is just way too airy. The mouth piece hole is too wide. I squeezed on the mouth piece, then inhaled, and it was a much much better vape. But doing that method is too much work. Wish they would have made a mouth piece with a smaller/tighter air way.

LostTexan

Jan 16, 2012
NC, USA
I'm no pro by any stretch of the imagination but after trying a variety of 510 setups I can say my EMDCCs make vaping much easier and more enjoyable for me. Fill it up and go for a day, maybe even a day and a half! No muss, no fuss, which for me is critical in my effort to kick analogs. If anything, this setup is actually easier to use than analogs and IMO a great option for a newb looking to kick the habit.

Excellent review, thank you!

Paradox28

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2012
Richmond, KY
you can cover up one of the air holes on the bottom..it tightens up the draw quite a bit. Use a piece of scotch tape or use one of your fingers if the holes are lined up in a convenient way. Its what I do to get more pull..can take a shorter draw that way and still get good vapor, too.

Also, make sure you are taking a realllly slow drag, as well..the slower the better with these things.

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Same here, this is vaping heaven for me with these. I just do add a few drops now and then, so it's wet. I also
My first one I used for 2 weeks and threw it away. Next one I used now for a week. Saw bit of light brown stuff on the top .... did clean it and just out of curiosity got the filling out completely, no holes etc, filling was as clean as it could be

For this price to be honest its a real good item

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I wont buy these again. And not just because of my previous posts. But a whole new can of worms', First fill goes fine, after that, the juice will just go straight thru, and just when you think its ready to vape, tip it slightly with a jerk, and more juice just keeps trickling out.. doesnt stay in the filler whatsoever. Glad they work for some. But these things hate me, and i hate them.

Meems

breal

Feb 8, 2012
Virginia
I wont buy these again. And not just because of my previous posts. But a whole new can of worms', First fill goes fine, after that, the juice will just go straight thru, and just when you think its ready to vape, tip it slightly with a jerk, and more juice just keeps trickling out.. doesnt stay in the filler whatsoever. Glad they work for some. But these things hate me, and i hate them.

Meems

I won't buy them, either. Has anyone seen how their prices have increased by AT LEAST 30% in the last 3 weeks!! They used to be $2.00 or less Each! Now they run mininum $3.00, and I've seen them as high as $10 Each! Umm.. no. They Only last 5 to 7 days as it is. And, since they are cartomizers, you can really only put one flavor in them. So, no.. I don't care how "wonderful" those few days are.

So, I'm with meems on this one.. with the leaking, the SHORT lifespan, and especially the prices... No.

Dylando

Sep 8, 2010
Durango, CO
REVERSE TARYN SPIN

You have to use a plug like the one that comes in the sleeve of a boge. Plug it, fill it, SPIN IT! If I had never tried spinning them I would have stopped using them months ago! I use a usb memory stick case from walmart. It can be clipped to a lanyard or string. the inside has two slots and closes together with valcro.

1. Pack a little paper towel in the bottom with the end twisted small enough to put pressure on the carto plug (pluging the center hole).

2. Close the carto in the case tightly ( using the velcro enclosure ) and spin a few times.

This will push the juice to the bottom of the carto and if you didn't overfill, when you give it a few puffs, it won't start seeping out the top. When filling for the 1st time.. I fill a couple mls, spin, fill, spin...
Spin the carto upside down to empty the carto and put fresh juice inside. This will freshen it up.

The problem is, imo, that the bottom of the carto gets filled with juice below the lower coil and doesn't wick up. so it starts to taste old. plus some just don't seem to wick very well.

Hope this helps someone! PM me if you would like me to elaborate... Good luck!

Pretend it's a 3ml carto and alot of probs will be avoided.

synthros

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2009
Spring Hill,Tn
I've had really good experiences with these,have to say I am a fan. I'm currently rotating thru 4 of them with different favors, going on the third week and I haven't managed to kill one yet. It's the best vapor production I've ever gotten (granted my experience is limited). But the combination of reliability, ability to vape long periods without refilling, good throat hit and lots of vapor have made these my faves at the moment and made it possible for me to skip the analogs completely for the first time.

stirge

Verified Member
Apr 13, 2012
USA
I need a bit of help here.

I purchased one of these, filled it, screwed it onto my pv, hit the button... no hiss. Held the button down a couple seconds, a little gurgle and a bit of hiss. I try to vape it and I can't feel any heat, but I do get a bit of vapor, so it's sort of working.

Did I get a dudd? I have tried it on my epipemod and my ego-t, same results on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread