MadVapes needs to step it up in the Shipping Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
It says "USPS was notified by the shipper on May 2nd to expect a package for mailing". Since madvapes provides tracking how has the package not been scanned for updated tracking info yet. Unless the package has not been shipped yet. It could be a USPS but like I said I order stuff from various east coast vender and dont have this problem..

I love madvapes and this post is not to discourage anyone from buying from them. I will continue to buy just a little curious why I dont have my package yet. Only seems to be an issue when I order on Saturdays.

My last order said the same thing on the USPS site even on the day it arrived. It finally updated that nite showing it was delivered. One other time, an order was at the last stop before my local post office, it then took off to the other side of the state. They(USPS) said it didn't, but it was scanned in a city on the other side of the state. So, yes, it is the USPS. I'm in Al. I've gotten 1st class from Ca. in 3 days. It also took 3 days to get one from 200 miles away(same state). Both were weekdays, no weekends.

As a wise man once told me~ "Mystery process. It goes into one end of the beast and eventually out the other.":)

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
One thing I have noticed. For me at least its very consistent. If someone sends me something priority mail using a box I get it a day (or sometimes 2) earlier than if they send it in a soft package. My guess is that the USPS automation equipment deals with boxes better and requires less human intervention than a soft package where the bar code may not scan in easily. And just requiring a person to step in at 1 point along the way can easily make that package miss the next outbound truck/plane/carrier would be my guess why this is consistently so.

dgreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
WI
Friday and Saturday orders are difficult :)

We usualy ship within 24 hours but our cutoff time for Saturday outbound shipments is 12:00 pm..

We typically average about 70 orders in the queue at any particular time so an order placed on Friday has a good chance of shipping on Saturday but the Saturday cutoff times kills us sometimes.. Your order may be labelled and packed but if it's after Saturday after 12:00pm it really won't go out until Monday..

The whole USPS shipping/scanning thing is somewaht of a scam.. Like bsoplinger said, USPS does not actually provide any tracking information. they may appear to but it's really not an actual tracking #.

USPS does not scan packages individually like UPS or Fedex does.. Instead they use a 'scan form', which is a batch manifest form that contains info about the shipments for that specific pickup and will only say that USPS has accepted the package if the form is scanned..

Where one of the real problems lies with endicia, our label processor, and it's really not thier problem but ours.. The batch job for creating a scan form closes each night at 11pm.. If we forget to print the scan form then 'tracking' will typically say electronic info received until the package is delivered or received at your local po..

Unfortunately we miss the cutoff time sometimes to print the manifest for the day and can have anywhere from 50 to 120 packages that show just 'electronic info recieved' where in reality they are already in transit..

Once it leaves our facility, it's a bit out of our control as how long it takes to get to you.. We do our best to get it out of here as quickly as possible..

hoog

Hoog - Thanks for the response. It might be a USPS problem. If I order on Mondays I usually have my items in 3 days. Saturdays seem to be the issue.

Madvapes has always been great to deal with & I will continue to order items.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
i sold my dse905 on the classified forum and wanted to please the guy that got it from me (just like madvapes always been of an exceptional service). packed it up really nicely threw in some juice samples as an extra, went to the post office at 0700 they opened at 0730 paid extra for a tracking number/confirmation delivery besides sending priority. the dang thing wasnt even showing when i would put in the numbers... good thing the guy i sold it too was nice fella. i was worried and him didnt seam to give a damn!

OmahaVapor

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Omaha, NE
I wouldn't spend the extra money either for Priority shipping. I only get stuff shipped first class from Mark and every time it is here in 2 days except once it took 3 days. Once he ships it out it is out of his hands. I would blame USPS. I have had my issues with the post office a couple times but it is what it is. You cant blame him for something the post office messes up IMO.

Orion

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2010
Central Florida
Sometimes if your package is being shipped to a small area or is routed through a mid sized city it can get held up. My dad used to live in IL about 2 hours NE of St. Louis (The town had a pop. of 3000), myself in Central, FL. It would take about 10 days for a birthday card to reach him and about the same for anything he sent me through USPS. He would crack jokes that the local postmaster had to read the mail before delivering it.

It started to become a running joke to see if we could time things to arrive on specific days!

TheLizinator

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
Every single time I've placed my order, it is filled and shipped immediately whether I order on the weekend or not. I can track it from Charlotte, NC where it goes directly to Indianapolis (where I live) and is delivered in 2 days. Absolutely no complaints about Madvapes OR USPS. Within 48 hours, there's a Madvapes package and Milk Bone (I have a sweet mailman who loves my scottie) on my doorstep.

It could be the luck of my particular location, but with this kind of service why would I take my business anywhere else?

Liz in Indy

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
A lot of it depend on how your mail is routed. I get stuff from Mad Vapes very quickly, but when I buy form Rob @VK (he is in OK) it always take 4 days to get a package from him to me in IL because that package always gets routed through Champaign, IL to get to me, while a package he sends to someone in NY the same day arrives in 2 days. Not Rob's fault, he ships the same day I order, but that's just the way it works form OK to IL I guess..........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread