MadVapes needs to step it up in the Shipping Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
WI
So I ordered a few small items last Saturday and they still havent arrived yet. I understand that most likely they dont ship on Saturdays and that it would ship first thing Monday. Tracking says that they were electronically notified on May 2nd to expect a package for mailing. Its now Thursday and still no package. I even paid for Priority mail...Priority mail is 2-3 days.

So frustrating because now I have some cartos without adapters.

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
Please people don't pay extra for priority shipping. In fact if I was MadVapes (who has been great for me) I would drop the option. I have actually found that shipping first class is often the exact same time frame. In fact Priority shipping is often cheeper than first class. I have shipped thousands of items and I have no doubt that "Priority" shipping is not what they say it is.

The best that any company can do is get it in the mail and hope for the best.

dgreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
WI
It is USPS. How can MadVapes be responsible after they ship the order? As long as it is shipped a day after an order is placed I call it good shipping. Since is now in the hands of the postal service who can screw it up.

It says "USPS was notified by the shipper on May 2nd to expect a package for mailing". Since Madvapes provides tracking how has the package not been scanned for updated tracking info yet. Unless the package has not been shipped yet. It could be a USPS but like I said I order stuff from various east coast vender and dont have this problem..

I love MadVapes and this post is not to discourage anyone from buying from them. I will continue to buy just a little curious why I dont have my package yet. Only seems to be an issue when I order on Saturdays.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
It says "USPS was notified by the shipper on May 2nd to expect a package for mailing". Since Madvapes provides tracking how has the package not been scanned for updated tracking info yet. Unless the package has not been shipped yet.

Trouble is that USPS 'tracking' is a misnomer. USPS only provides delivery information/confirmation. Everything in between is optional. So you see that a company printed a label and then the day the package was delivered. Sometimes you'll see steps in between but often you won't especially with 1st class vs. Priority Mail. You'll hardly ever see detailed info like you'd see with UPS or Fedex. Which means the info you see of a label printed and nothing more is all you'd see until the package is delivered.

pintail64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Missouri
USPS does not guarantee any of their delivery times...even Priority Mail. Generally for me both first class and priority take 4 days to get to me, even though USPS says it should be 2 day delivery...I am starting at the time that it arrives at the post office, not the electronic transfer of information. I have a package that has been at the mail sort facility in St Louis for 2 days right now....I hope it makes it tomorrow.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
It says "USPS was notified by the shipper on May 2nd to expect a package for mailing". Since Madvapes provides tracking how has the package not been scanned for updated tracking info yet. Unless the package has not been shipped yet. It could be a USPS but like I said I order stuff from various east coast vender and dont have this problem..

I love MadVapes and this post is not to discourage anyone from buying from them. I will continue to buy just a little curious why I dont have my package yet. Only seems to be an issue when I order on Saturdays.

Friday and Saturday orders are difficult :)

We usualy ship within 24 hours but our cutoff time for Saturday outbound shipments is 12:00 pm..

We typically average about 70 orders in the queue at any particular time so an order placed on Friday has a good chance of shipping on Saturday but the Saturday cutoff times kills us sometimes.. Your order may be labelled and packed but if it's after Saturday after 12:00pm it really won't go out until Monday..

The whole USPS shipping/scanning thing is somewaht of a scam.. Like bsoplinger said, USPS does not actually provide any tracking information. they may appear to but it's really not an actual tracking #.

USPS does not scan packages individually like UPS or Fedex does.. Instead they use a 'scan form', which is a batch manifest form that contains info about the shipments for that specific pickup and will only say that USPS has accepted the package if the form is scanned..

Where one of the real problems lies with endicia, our label processor, and it's really not thier problem but ours.. The batch job for creating a scan form closes each night at 11pm.. If we forget to print the scan form then 'tracking' will typically say electronic info received until the package is delivered or received at your local po..

Unfortunately we miss the cutoff time sometimes to print the manifest for the day and can have anywhere from 50 to 120 packages that show just 'electronic info recieved' where in reality they are already in transit..

Once it leaves our facility, it's a bit out of our control as how long it takes to get to you.. We do our best to get it out of here as quickly as possible..

hoog

Last edited:

spaky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Making cement boots
We usualy ship the within 24 hours but our cutoff time for Saturday shipments is 12:00 pm..

We typically average about 70 order inthe queue at any particular tie so an order placed on Friday has a good chance of shipping on Saturday but the Saturday cutoff times kills us sometimes.. Your order may be shipped and packed but if it's after Saturday after 12:00pm it really won't go out until Monday..

The whole USPS shipping/scanning thing is somewaht of a scam.. Like bsoplinger said, USPS does not actually provide any tracking information. they may appear to but it's really not an actual tracking #.

USPS does not scan packages individually like UPS or Fedex does.. Instead they use a scan form, which is a batch form that contains info about the shipments for that specific pickup and will only say that USPS has accepted the package if the form is scanned..

Where one of the real problems lies with endicia, our label processor, and it's really not thier problem but ours.. The batch job for creating a scan form closes each night at 11pm.. If we forget to print the scan form then 'tracking' will typically say electronic info received until the package is delivered..

Unfortunately we miss the cutoff time sometimes and can have anywhere from 50 to 120 packages that show just 'electronic info recieved' where in reality they are alreay in transit..

Unless we work 24 hours a day or switch to another carrier to provide more detailed tracking onfornation then I'm not sure how we could ship any faster..

hoog
Just be cause you switch to another carrier doesn't mean it would be faster though. It would just be tracked better. At least with USPS you can get a surprise like I did today. The others would just torture you knowing that you wouldn't get it that day.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread