The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - April 14 through April 18

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JiNXeD

JiNXeD Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2012
    Asheville NC
    A "Vaping Haiku" contest could be fun. :)

2. skydragon

skydragon ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2009
    Mountain Cave
    My opinions only but whatever you do I think it should be a random winner. If you take on the responsibility of choosing someones joke, story etc, you also take the risk of people thinking you may be playing favorites.

Don't allow unlimited posts. There are some who will spam the heck out the contest and again, that alienates some.

There are good ideas here. The scavenger hunt is frankly good for your business but some can't do this stuff quickly due to physical ailments. Can't type quickly, fast mouse movement etc.

Oh....and don't make people take a bunch of stupid pictures.

Soooooooooo, I say leave it like it is or the once a day number pick type.

3. Tiffaney

Tiffaney Full Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Baltimore, MD
    I also like the one entry a day idea!! And jokes are always good :)

4. JiNXeD

JiNXeD Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2012
    Asheville NC
    I agree that limited entries on any of these would be best, as well as select the winner by post # random drawing instead of favorite on thing like jokes, poetry, etc.

5. SLane

SLane Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 3, 2012
    North Carolina
    I like the way you've done it so far. Asking a question and one post entry per person to answer the question.

You've did our fav devices, our fav juices so far. What about our fav place to vape?
    Our fav movie/tv show to watch while vaping?
    Do we vape in our homes or outside?
    Do we vape at work?
    What's the strangest or most unlikely place we've vaped?
    What's the strangest question we've received from other people while vaping?
    Have we ever mixed our own eliquids? If so, what was the best result so far? What was the worst result so far?
    Do we make our own coils?
    Do we have a dripper or even know how to use one, clean one, rewick one?
    How long did it take to quit smoking after starting vaping?
    What's your dream vape purchases you haven't been able to buy yet?
    Who is your fav person to take about vaping with?

6. l_strider_l

l_strider_l Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2013
    Minas Tirith, Gondor
    Best Looking contest, I'm confident. :D

On the other hand, maybe not. :blush:

I like having to guess what it is (movie, famous person, popular place, etc.) only from a few pictures. But you only get a limited number of guesses per hour/day.

...I dunno, I stink at this sort of thing. As long as it is exceptionally dorky, I will probably like it. :closedeyes:

7. ~Sue~Feb2012

~Sue~Feb2012 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    USA
    I'm new to madvapes contests although I have bought a few times from them.

Are there any rules at all in these contests? I can't tell from the OP! I need a guidline lol. Is it one entry per person, period? One post per day or as many as anybody feels like posting?

8. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    the rules are in a sticky thread of there own
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/521123-weekly-contest-rules.html

9. MattMann228

MattMann228 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Gulf Coast, MS
    How about describing a certain juice and people try to figure out what it is? Thanks again for another great contest.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

10. Styx_N_Stones

Styx_N_Stones Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2013
    East Podunk, Iowa
  11. ~Sue~Feb2012

~Sue~Feb2012 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2012
    USA
  12. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I always think random.org seems fair when posts are limited to a certain number / day / contest whatever's. People could post a number if they didn't want to contribute something and still be entered into the contest.

I think it's nice when retailers involve customers in their business in some way. List 3 things they'd like to see more of; 3 pet peeves about buying online; Tshirt slogans; video suggestions; I think Mad Vapes has done some of that.

Next up might be posts on a theme; Pick a word. See what people come up with for jokes, pics, memes, media. It never ceases to amaze me the level of creativity or search skills.

Name a juice or suggest a flavor can get pretty interesting.
    How about an unvapable flavor? (You know someone will have to try it.)

I also like the "show me your ..... " threads. What are people using now / organization / vape stash, etc.

Questions about peoples personal experiences; where were you when you knew you were a vapor too? Funniest thing that happened while vaping, etc.

I also wouldn't mind seeing more activism. Letters, comments, videos with IMPROOF posted. That could be rolled into a contest too.

But most important, have fun.

13. ShariR

ShariR Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    I like the idea of putting captions to silly pictures, or naming a picture of a pet. I also think random.org is a fair way to pick a winner. Once per contest or once per day entries will help weed out spammers.

Favorite atty, mod, juice, etc. are also good ones. Let's people think about what other people are using and what they would like to try.

14. eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    Vape-related haikus sound like a great idea.

Nice prize list this week, thanks for the chance!

15. spider3006

spider3006 Full Member

Mar 26, 2014
    eastland tx usa
    maybe a get two know you like say.
    how old you are.
    what state you are from.
    why you started two vape .
    are make them all separate ect.

16. Reddhott

Reddhott ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    cartoon land,usa
    How about doing the Genie game .

The one where you make a wish and the next poster is the Genie that grants your wish but it has an evil/funny twist to it.

Then they make their own wish and so on and so on.

At the end of the contest, the winner(s) are determined by random.org

17. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 16, 2013
    Stuart, Florida
    Yes there should be a post limit if done by RNG, if no limit names entered once into a draw. Regardless of what the prize maybe something where You have to post a link to something from the Madvapes web site that You would like to have. Or a product You already have and make comments about Your experience with it as to help others in deciding if it would be something they would want.

18. chawk

chawk Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2014
    Port Republic,MD,USA
    Or a name that tune? Those can be fun!

Thanks for the opportunity!

19. kadkins11

kadkins11 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I like the number games also! And 1 entry per person! Maybe giveaway a 1 year membership to the juice of the month club!

20. inksane

inksane Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2011
    Minnesota
    How about a contest where you pick a certain topic and people have to post pictures of that subject. Like Since Easter is coming up it could be something to do with Easter and people can post anything they want related to that subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.