Status
Not open for further replies.

skydragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2009
Mountain Cave
My opinions only but whatever you do I think it should be a random winner. If you take on the responsibility of choosing someones joke, story etc, you also take the risk of people thinking you may be playing favorites.

Don't allow unlimited posts. There are some who will spam the heck out the contest and again, that alienates some.

There are good ideas here. The scavenger hunt is frankly good for your business but some can't do this stuff quickly due to physical ailments. Can't type quickly, fast mouse movement etc.

Oh....and don't make people take a bunch of stupid pictures.

Soooooooooo, I say leave it like it is or the once a day number pick type.

Last edited:

SLane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
North Carolina
I like the way you've done it so far. Asking a question and one post entry per person to answer the question.

You've did our fav devices, our fav juices so far. What about our fav place to vape?
Our fav movie/tv show to watch while vaping?
Do we vape in our homes or outside?
Do we vape at work?
What's the strangest or most unlikely place we've vaped?
What's the strangest question we've received from other people while vaping?
Have we ever mixed our own eliquids? If so, what was the best result so far? What was the worst result so far?
Do we make our own coils?
Do we have a dripper or even know how to use one, clean one, rewick one?
How long did it take to quit smoking after starting vaping?
What's your dream vape purchases you haven't been able to buy yet?
Who is your fav person to take about vaping with?

l_strider_l

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Minas Tirith, Gondor
Best Looking contest, I'm confident. :D

On the other hand, maybe not. :blush:

I like having to guess what it is (movie, famous person, popular place, etc.) only from a few pictures. But you only get a limited number of guesses per hour/day.

...I dunno, I stink at this sort of thing. As long as it is exceptionally dorky, I will probably like it. :closedeyes:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Another week, another giveaway! This week the prize is:

1 x SmokTech Magneto
1 x Magneto RSST
2 x 30-amp Batteries
1 x Charger
1 x 30mL Bottle of Lion Head e-Liquid

This setup will allow you to turn the Magneto into a Genesis hybrid! And you get the Magneto too!

To be entered into the contest this week, I'd like some ideas about what to do for future contests. I'm tapping the well of creativity dry, so if you help me out, we can keep the contests interesting for the next couple months!

Thanks everyone, and GOOD LUCK!!

I'm new to madvapes contests although I have bought a few times from them.

Are there any rules at all in these contests? I can't tell from the OP! I need a guidline lol. Is it one entry per person, period? One post per day or as many as anybody feels like posting?

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I always think random.org seems fair when posts are limited to a certain number / day / contest whatever's. People could post a number if they didn't want to contribute something and still be entered into the contest.

I think it's nice when retailers involve customers in their business in some way. List 3 things they'd like to see more of; 3 pet peeves about buying online; Tshirt slogans; video suggestions; I think Mad Vapes has done some of that.

Next up might be posts on a theme; Pick a word. See what people come up with for jokes, pics, memes, media. It never ceases to amaze me the level of creativity or search skills.

Name a juice or suggest a flavor can get pretty interesting.
How about an unvapable flavor? (You know someone will have to try it.)

I also like the "show me your ..... " threads. What are people using now / organization / vape stash, etc.

Questions about peoples personal experiences; where were you when you knew you were a vapor too? Funniest thing that happened while vaping, etc.

I also wouldn't mind seeing more activism. Letters, comments, videos with IMPROOF posted. That could be rolled into a contest too.

But most important, have fun.

Last edited:

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I like the idea of putting captions to silly pictures, or naming a picture of a pet. I also think random.org is a fair way to pick a winner. Once per contest or once per day entries will help weed out spammers.

Favorite atty, mod, juice, etc. are also good ones. Let's people think about what other people are using and what they would like to try.

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Yes there should be a post limit if done by RNG, if no limit names entered once into a draw. Regardless of what the prize maybe something where You have to post a link to something from the Madvapes web site that You would like to have. Or a product You already have and make comments about Your experience with it as to help others in deciding if it would be something they would want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread