The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

MadVapes Weekly Contest - April 14 through April 18

Discussion in 'MadVapes' started by Crowedude654, Apr 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. TJVJR

TJVJR Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2011
    Tri Cities , TN
    How about a caption a vape picture contest. Everyone is allowed to post one vape related picture for others to caption and 3 post(s) a day to caption others pics...needs refining but rough idea .

2. Silent Solution

Silent Solution Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2013
    Wesley Chapel, FL
    Poem contests,Haiku contests, Best looking setup contest, best caption contest. Better yet, create your own meme contest!

3. kecast

kecast Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2014
    Carbondale, IL, USA
    A riddle contest! Or a caption/photo contest. Or maybe something like an online scavenger hunt right here on the ECF? I'm not very good at these things. :facepalm:

4. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Love those.

Funny/cartoon pictures too!

5. JiNXeD

JiNXeD Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2012
    Asheville NC
    You could maybe do a funny slogan contest. Draw the winner randomly, and as long as their slogan is a legitimate entry, have part of their prize package be putting the slogan up on the site for a day. Could be funny to see what people come up with.

6. jbrow314

jbrow314 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2014
    Charlotte, NC, USA
    Thanks for the contests first off.

You could always do best ecig setup, best madvapes juice, or thing you really want from madvapes.

Or just keep doing what your doing now, asking random questions, whatever you do I'm sure it'll be great.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using tapatalk

7. BigNick

BigNick Full Member

I think a contest with pictures of vape gear in strange places. The oddest place wins

8. maddogg

maddogg Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2012
    dog house
    I love any type of contests!
    how about a who am I or what am I contest

good luck to everyone

9. Crowedude654

Crowedude654 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    Great ideas so far, keep them coming! I know everyone has different preferences when it comes to what type of contests they like. I want to try and do some different things and see how it works out, so don't be discouraged if you see a contest that you don't like, there will be another next week! And I'd like to keep it as fair as possible, so I'm trying the avoid contests where I have to choose somebody myself. I'd like to do the "pick a number" kind of thing, and/or keep going with 1 post, 1 entry regardless of how good I personally think the entry is. And I'd like to keep it simple, but fun. Nobody likes jumping through hoops to be entered into the contest, but if the contest requires it, I'll make sure the prize is worth the trouble. ;)

10. kathi17

kathi17 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2013
    Stonington, ME, USA
    Not for people who have slow internet and no sound card! :(

11. chapeltown

chapeltown Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    United States
    You could do a most embarrassing vape moment....

Or

Best vaping experience.

12. bsoplinger

bsoplinger Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have the creativity of a slug. So things like caption the pic are horrible for me. I will admit that I like your answer the simple question or topic format that you're using now. The one suggestion that seemed somewhat interesting and unique was the suggestion where you list of choice of prizes and each person's entry is a choice of prize. You then pick 2 posts from the thread where one is the winner but the other post determines the prize.

The only thing I can think of is a question and answer format. You must answer the question of the previous poster then follow up with a new question. I'd suggest that the topic shouldn't be random but limited to e-cigarette. Or it could be any topic but you can lie, knowingly give a wrong or false answer. Then the following post must say whether the previous was true or false and give a new question. No penalty for being correct or not since the idea is just to have fun with the outlandish answers that will result.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

13. RaceGun59

RaceGun59 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 5, 2013
    Owensboro, KY
    I like the idea of one post being picked as the winner and one post being picked as the one who selects the prize.
    Thanks for your contests.

14. hudson_macbeth

hudson_macbeth Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2014
    Levels, WV, USA
    how about a favorite home brew mod contest

15. 5spike

5spike Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2014
    WI
    Just keep it simple [for me] stupid.

16. Majestic

Majestic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Wisconsin
    How about a Wheel of Fortune style game? Contest starts with a phrase, name, title, etc, with one or two letters already filled in. First player that guesses the correct answer wins. If no one wins after a certain time period, another letter is added to the puzzle. The contest could also have a round option where by players can only enter once or twice in a 24 hour period. You can call it the Wheel of Mad Vapes

17. PhatRon

PhatRon Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2013
    Cumming, GA, USA
    I like the idea of e-cig history or some type of math problem maybe with ohms law or maybe like a caption the picture contest. Those are always fun too!

18. vap3d70

vap3d70 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    hudson valley ny
    How about a Game of Vapes?
    Everyone gets one guess on the next major character to die on Game of Thrones... all of the people with the correct guess are thrown into hat and winner picked.
    This can obviously be adjusted for whatever show you want... The Vaping Dead, True Vape, Vapes (Bates) Motel, etc....

19. misswish1

misswish1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    NM
    I like the "create a new flavor" contests. Everyone has different tastes, and who doesn't like new flavors?
    Thanks for the giveaway, very generous MadVapes!

20. aceswired

aceswired Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2013
    Minnesota
    How about a "guess the flavor" type of game. You pull two or three random adjectives from on-site reviews, and we have to guess which flavor's page they came from. People could cheat by looking, I suppose, but hey ... that drives traffic, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.